Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

MWC Football media predicted order of finish is out

8 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I was asking the guy from Florida. He seems so confident in his opinions about what black people from California think about Boise vs. Laramie, so I was curious how many he actually knew. 

I never said anything about the Californian black population, that was all you trying to  frame the discussion in a way that fits your small perspective.  But to answer your question I’d put the number at fewer than 40 but more than 30 from Cali.  Over the spectrum I could honestly stand by my statement regarding their interest in Boise and Laramie being equitably nil.

31 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I never said anything about the Californian black population, that was all you trying to  frame the discussion in a way that fits your small perspective.  But to answer your question I’d put the number at fewer than 40 but more than 30 from Cali.  Over the spectrum I could honestly stand by my statement regarding their interest in Boise and Laramie being equitably nil.

When it comes to recruiting the most relevant perspective is of black people from California, as that is the state Boise recruits the most heavily. And as I thought, you don’t really know very many black people from California, so it’s odd that you feel so comfortable in drawing that conclusion.  

24 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

When it comes to recruiting the most relevant perspective is of black people from California, as that is the state Boise recruits the most heavily. And as I thought, you don’t really know very many black people from California, so it’s odd that you feel so comfortable in drawing that conclusion.  

When you frame the discussion the way you have you leave out all room for truth beyond what’s in your head.  The conversation was about people’s interest in cities, not recruits specifically.  And it wasn’t about Californians, couldn’t care less about how they feel any more than someone from Texas or NY.  I know fewer people from Cali than other places but still plenty enough to come to the same conclusion about the topic at hand.  You’re like that guy from Anchorman who is trying to bolster his tv viewership market argument by interjecting that they don’t take into consideration households that have more than two TVs.  It’s a ridiculous hill to die on.

2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

When you frame the discussion the way you have you leave out all room for truth beyond what’s in your head.  The conversation was about people’s interest in cities, not recruits specifically.  And it wasn’t about Californians, couldn’t care less about how they feel any more than someone from Texas or NY.  I know fewer people from Cali than other places but still plenty enough to come to the same conclusion about the topic at hand.  You’re like that guy from Anchorman who is trying to bolster his tv viewership market argument by interjecting that they don’t take into consideration households that have more than two TVs.  It’s a ridiculous hill to die on.

No need to get all bitchy about it my man.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just pointing out there is no program in the conference comparable to Boise.

And uhm yeah, we are making the top 25 in a lot of preseason publications and are picked to win the conference in nearly every one.  There is your answer.

Wyoming is trash.  Too slow and white.  The local racists scare away the recruits, is the rumor.  @Warbow can confirm.

It's not Wyoming that's known as a white supremacist haven...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 7/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, ClevelandBrown said:

So a few extra million means we should go undefeated in conference every year? Wow you have no faith in the rest of the conference then! And the extra cash is to keep us around, something your school agreed to 😉

On 7/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, ClevelandBrown said:

Or hate the game, not the player.

Oh this, this is the best series of self owns I have seen in a while 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1. People who are better should get paid more.

2. Boise gets paid more, because we are better.

3. Boise is paid more and we are better.

4. Even though Boide gets paid more because we are better, doesn't mean we should perform better than everyone else. They're good too.

5. Other teams don't get paid more because they aren't as good.

6. Because they aren't paid more other teams are not good.

JC truck drivers are terrible at logic.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:38 PM, Warbow said:

We didn’t loss much, lost our QB but his replacement was 4-0 as a starter last year. Umm. We loss two 1,000 yard receivers but replaced them with three 1,000 yard receivers. 2 are transfers. We loss one starter from our O-line but replace him with guys who have started before (transfer). Umm Some say we lost our weakest O-line starter from last year. 

How can you not look at what you have returning over what you lose. Like you said, last year don’t count. It’s what you have returning that should count more than what you loss. Ever here the term reload, that’s what Boise St does each year.

Warbow, you've always had it in for Nevada, never knew why, but I have to agree with you on this one.  Norvell is likeable but I don't have a lot of confidence after his 1st few years..  

11 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I think UNLV is gonna look like shit early but will start looking good by the end of the year.  Just like basketball.

Sad day when unlv basketball and football are tit for tat.  How many wins for unlv football this year.  3 is over / under I think. 

8 hours ago, slappy said:

Sad day when unlv basketball and football are tit for tat.  How many wins for unlv football this year.  3 is over / under I think. 

🎶 Di, di - di, di, di - di, di, dick-bu-kkak-e!  Bu-kkak-e, bu-kkak-e, bu-kkak-e! 🎶