Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada6077

2020 season

I think there is a small chance some games will be played, but my guess is fall games are cancelled.  i think we will know for sure by middle of August, so another 3-4 weeks of speculation.  Numbers are not trending in the right direction.

yes i heard that basketball is testing each day and that costs 10K per team per day.  Imagine if college has to test each player each day?  We could not afford to pay for that. So if testing is the standard then most colleges wont be able to support the added cost

If there's a season, it's going to have a big asterisk by it. I hate that. Kind of like the early 80s strike season in the NFL. Not a real season if it's not a full, normal season, as far as I'm concerned.

14 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

I predict we will not have a season.  Some teams, read SEC and byu will have a season.

We will hear about this in approx 2 weeks

What is going on with SEC and BYU. They will play and no one else?  The only thing I heard if 2020 happens BYU will play Alabama, Missouri and Texas AM

The Masters 5k road race All American.

15 minutes ago, robe said:

What is going on with SEC and BYU. They will play and no one else?  The only thing I heard if 2020 happens BYU will play Alabama, Missouri and Texas AM

Independence does have its perks, no doubt!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, robe said:

So BYU would still play for nothing. 👍

I think, therefore I'm.

13 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Independence does have its perks, no doubt!

Always good and bad. If it goes south it’s New Mexico st

2 hours ago, robe said:

Always good and bad. If it goes south it’s New Mexico st

I for one would not mind scheduling a couple games here and there with BYU. Always was a good draw when playing in ABQ

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

13 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I for one would not mind scheduling a couple games here and there with BYU. Always was a good draw when playing in ABQ

You think there will be fans at the games?   probably not or very limited numbers if we do play

5 minutes ago, Billings said:

You think there will be fans at the games?   probably not or very limited numbers if we do play

Oh yeah. Heck Ill be there for sure if they play any games here. Masked up, gloved up, and sitting away from people, but I'd be there. There will be quite a few that would go, just to see a Danny G. and Rocky L. football team on the field, even with the threat of corona. 

24 minutes ago, Billings said:

BYU’s AD said if it happened today they would allow fans. They will follow the local Covid recommendation. I assume that is probably what the other schools will do who choose to play. 6 ft between non family members with 50% or what ever the restrictions are. 

42 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. I’m sure it will but please after Rocky is gone. 

Third thread I’ve posted this in:

NCAA and the nfl both need to delay their seasons to 2021. There’s been good news on the vaccine front, and if we’re able to get it mass produced and distributed and convince people to actually take it, then we should have this thing licked by January. Could have been a lot sooner, but that’s a conversation for the OT board.

If that’s the case, college football can kickoff January 30, conference championships may 1, army-navy game may 8, bowl games may 15-31 with Memorial Day hosting the traditional New Year’s Day/playoff games, and the national championship on June 7.

The nfl can open February 11, with the regular season going through the first week of June, playoffs through june, and then, get ready for this: the super bowl on the Fourth of July. That’s right. Enjoy your americagasm. 

Then, you move each season up a month every year until we’re back to normal, so we’ll be back to an august/September start in 2025. If the NCAA and nfl work in concert to figure out when to have pro days, the draft, etc. it can work.

35 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Third thread I’ve posted this in:

NCAA and the nfl both need to delay their seasons to 2021. There’s been good news on the vaccine front, and if we’re able to get it mass produced and distributed and convince people to actually take it, then we should have this thing licked by January. Could have been a lot sooner, but that’s a conversation for the OT board.

If that’s the case, college football can kickoff January 30, conference championships may 1, army-navy game may 8, bowl games may 15-31 with Memorial Day hosting the traditional New Year’s Day/playoff games, and the national championship on June 7.

The nfl can open February 11, with the regular season going through the first week of June, playoffs through june, and then, get ready for this: the super bowl on the Fourth of July. That’s right. Enjoy your americagasm. 

Then, you move each season up a month every year until we’re back to normal, so we’ll be back to an august/September start in 2025. If the NCAA and nfl work in concert to figure out when to have pro days, the draft, etc. it can work.

Will not work. Gotta play fall ball or no ball. 

3 hours ago, robe said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. I’m sure it will but please after Rocky is gone. 

You think its a Rocky thing? He’s been gone for how many years now, and still no kitties on the schedule (one basically, scrimmage basketball game in the pit a couple of years ago).

Not sure its it was a Rocky thing, as much as a MWC thing... but who knows. BYU and UNM always battled back in the day.