Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Moms Are Here

Saturday night a group of about 40 women stood between protestors and Federal Police in Portland. They were teargassed and pepper sprayed.

Sunday night about 100 or 200 women showed up to stand between protestors and Feds.

Tonight, it looks like 1,000s of women have shown up. The group includes grandmothers and dads.

Trump, Barr, and Wolf wanted to scare suburbia and present a show of Federal force.

Instead some of those suburban women may be pushing back.

10 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Saturday night a group of about 40 women stood between protestors and Federal Police in Portland. They were teargassed and pepper sprayed.

Sunday night about 100 or 200 women showed up to stand between protestors and Feds.

Tonight, it looks like 1,000s of women have shown up. The group includes grandmothers and dads.

Trump, Barr, and Wolf wanted to scare suburbia and present a show of Federal force.

Instead some of those suburban women may be pushing back.

Maybe it's time for the moms to take their children home. 

45 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Maybe it's time for the moms to take their children home. 

I don't know. Trump would not like them telling his officers to get home before they get whooped.

If the same scene happens in Chicago or wherever else they send Federal teams next, the optics will not be what was expected.

Armed Federal officers facing a line of middle-aged overweight women is a very different visual than facing off against 20-something demonstrators.

Is this all Antifas fault ?

Outside of the RW propaganda, very little has been said of them in recent weeks.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

what the cons dont realize is that there is not one group that dislikes trump but many!!!!!! 

Moms are the tip of the iceberg

I suggest reading the niece book and trumps behavior is easy to see and predict.  His father created him and family went along for the ride!  Reminds me of Bob Dylan and the song the hurrican!  About how the all white jury convicted black fighter in an instant

1 hour ago, Nevada6077 said:

what the cons dont realize is that there is not one group that dislikes trump but many!!!!!! 

Moms are the tip of the iceberg

I suggest reading the niece book and trumps behavior is easy to see and predict.  His father created him and family went along for the ride!  Reminds me of Bob Dylan and the song the hurrican!  About how the all white jury convicted black fighter in an instant

I have no problem with people not liking Trump, but the situation in Portland has been out of hand for a while. The protests are not just peaceful protests and it has been going on for 50 days and it has to stop. 

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I have no problem with people not liking Trump, but the situation in Portland has been out of hand for a while. The protests are not just peaceful protests and it has been going on for 50 days and it has to stop. 

It’s funny how different the views of the protests are here in Oregon compared with those who only see it on cable news.

That said, there is no justification for the feds to come in and sweep the city when no one in state or local government asked for help. 

10 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Or perhaps after 50(!) days, government should listen to those who are peacefully protesting, instead of using the non-peaceful ones as an excuse to rough up, detain, and terrorize everyone protesting to bring everything back to the normal that is the exact reason for people to be protesting about.

The willingness for so many people to lay down to daddy government, when just weeks ago they were the toughest SOB's with their guns in the streets is, frankly, hilariously on brand for them.

12 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

please tell us more about what is happening in our backyards, mr texas

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It’s funny how different the views of the protests are here in Oregon compared with those who only see it on cable news.

That said, there is no justification for the feds to come in and sweep the city when no one in state or local government asked for help. 

As soon as the protesters went after the Hatfield Federal courthouse, the Pioneer Courthouse, Wyatt Federal Building, and Schrunk Plaza, they opened the door for the feds to come in to protect those buildings and the local feds that were trying to secure them but needed help. The feds absolutely have the justification and legal right to do so. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

please tell us more about what is happening in our backyards, mr texas

So should I expect not to see you ever post on anything outside of the Northwest? What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm probably just as connected to Portland in Texas as you are in Washington.

7 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

As soon as the protesters went after the Hatfield Federal courthouse, the Pioneer Courthouse, Wyatt Federal Building, and Schrunk Plaza, they opened the door for the feds to come in to protect those buildings and the local feds that were trying to secure them but needed help. The feds absolutely have the justification and legal right to do so. 

If you are responding to this

Then you are admitting you don't care about the overreach of the federal government here.  There is nothing wrong with the feds protecting fed buildings and property.  There IS something wrong with non-requested federal patrols and detainment in the city streets.  

15 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

So you think a handful of vandals give the feds the license to sweep the city, including detainment of peaceful protestors? God help us if we can’t tell the difference between what is technically legal and what is acceptable.

15 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

So should I expect not to see you ever post on anything outside of the Northwest? What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm probably just as connected to Portland in Texas as you are in Washington.

No, but you should know that in just a few posts, you have shown that you don’t have a great feel for what’s actually going on the ground.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If you are responding to this

Then you are admitting you don't care about the overreach of the federal government here.  There is nothing wrong with the feds protecting fed buildings and property.  There IS something wrong with non-requested federal patrols and detainment in the city streets.  

Are you okay with the $4.8M in damage to businesses, the 100 fires set, those that were beaten by the protesters? Are you okay with the protests moving from downtown to North Portland, where the building that houses a police precinct was burned....along with black-owned businesses? Rioting and looting are not useful tools in making a plea for change. A change, mind you, that the city of Portland made decades ago (banning the choke-hold). 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

So you think a handful of vandals give the feds the license to sweep the city, including detainment of peaceful protestors? God help us if we can’t tell the difference between what is technically legal and what is acceptable.

Is there even a federal law against vandalism of non-federal property?  Don't you have to be read your rights when being put under arrest?  Are these even lawful arrests?  How in the hell are bureau of prisons, park police, and border patrol agents ending up in these areas roving the streets?  Why won't they respect the governor's sovereignty and withdraw at his request if they are not enforcing federal law?  Why are they showing up in unmarked vehicles and not identifying themselves?

I think it is far from settled if these federal troublemakers are operating under the law themselves.  But we know Trump doesn't care about that.  

Posted Image