Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Holmoe speaks

On 7/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, #1Stunner said:

BYU / the Church have been pretty good at following the orders of local government. 

Historically, the Church sets public policy here in Utah. Not the other way around.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, Jack Bauer said:

Holmoe is an incompetent idiot. BYU fans need to hold him accountable for the gradual decline of BYU football.

I don't know how closely you follow BYU fb, but living in the SLC metro area and listening to the sports talk here, Holmoe has been playing the hand the Church has dealt him.

Loads of criticism here towards the Church for not funding the fb program more. Placing Academy like scholastic and honor code requirements on athletes. These kids aren't even allowed to grow beards. They are required to shave on a daily basis. They are required to serve two year missions, whilst their fb requirements are treated like they're on a mission.

It's no wonder most of the top LDS kids are playing elsewhere.

Americans Mayor

On 7/20/2020 at 11:19 PM, Spaztecs said:

That's actually on the Church for raising the standards to play fb. All kids have to have high gpa, LDS, have returned from or planning to go on Missions, clean shaven, even on gameday. It is the religious version of playing at an Academy. Many current and former athletes have said it is treated like being on a Mission. Add to that many LDS kids are choosing play elsewhere. 

It's no wonder they have suffered a downward slide. I also recall reading and hearing reports about future projections about where teams will rank strength wise according to variois rating systems. Many predict BYU will fall below Sparty by the end of the decade. Part of that projection is fairly Stout scheduling.

They would be better served back in  the MW where they are guaranteed 5-6 Conference wins per season.

I have made a similar point.  BYU is scheduling 6 Sometimes more P5 schools then really good G5 teams. SDSU, BSU, USU. Usually with only a couple of Guarantee wins. I’m not sure the MWC is the answer but I do think Holmoe should schedule more MWC teams 4 to 5 and reduce the P5 teams to 5 absolutely no more than 6. 

Add SDSU as another yearly rival and mix one to 2 other teams in. This would be just as good as joining and despite what people think BYU would have no problem scheduling more MWC. Not sure we could ink a yearly deal with SDSU but I’m pretty confident but schools would be interested in more meetings. Instead of playing Arizona all the time let’s play SDSU. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 minutes ago, robe said:

I have made a similar point.  BYU is scheduling 6 Sometimes more P5 schools then really good G5 teams. SDSU, BSU, USU. Usually with only a couple of Guarantee wins. I’m not sure the MWC is the answer but I do think Holmoe should schedule more MWC teams 4 to 5 and reduce the P5 teams to 5 absolutely no more than 6. 

Add SDSU as another yearly rival and mix one to 2 other teams in. This would be just as good as joining and despite what people think BYU would have no problem scheduling more MWC. Not sure we could ink a yearly deal with SDSU but I’m pretty confident but schools would be interested in more meetings. Instead of playing Arizona all the time let’s play SDSU. 

As SUDS has proven, you're better off playing the lower tier of the P12 than the MW West.

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

I don't know how closely you follow BYU fb, but living in the SLC metro area and listening to the sports talk here, Holmoe has been playing the hand the Church has dealt him.

Loads of criticism here towards the Church for not funding the fb program more. Placing Academy like scholastic and honor code requirements on athletes. These kids aren't even allowed to grow beards. They are required to shave on a daily basis. They are required to serve two year missions, whilst their fb requirements are treated like they're on a mission.

That is interesting to hear. Are you making it to the BYU game if it happens. Probably will only allow 25k in. That might be a hard ticket to get.

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

As SUDS has proven, you're better off playing the lower tier of the P12 than the MW West.

Probably we play the cream of the crop in MWC now

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

This IMO is the perfectly constructed Carne Asada burrito.   The meat-to-guacamole-to-pico de gallo ratio is spot on

Carne-Asada-Burrito-Recipe-1.jpg

El-Indio.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Who? What's this got to do with the MWC????? 

BYU is going to need Alabama's and the MWC's help to fill out the schedule. 

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU is going to need Alabama's and the MWC's help to fill out the schedule. 

Everyone is going to need Everyone's help to fill out the schedule. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, MWCfq said:

Everyone is going to need Everyone's help to fill out the schedule. 

Great point.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

El-Indio.jpg

RIP

The Godmother of Carne Asada burritos

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/obituaries/story/2020-07-27/obituary-dolores-robledo-robertos-taco-shop-chain-co-founder-recalled-as-loving-hard-working

Dolores Robledo, who with her husband co-founded one of the region’s first and most-beloved taco-shop chains, Roberto’s, died July 14 at Scripps Green Hospital in La Jolla following a brief illness. She was 90.

Robledo, who had lived in Escondido since 2011, was remembered by her children on Monday as a loving mother who worked hard in the family’s 77-store chain for more than 30 years to provide a better future for her 13 children. She will be buried Thursday at Glen Abbey Memorial Park in Bonita following a funeral Mass...............

In 1964, the couple opened a tortilleria next to the U.S.-Mexico border in San Ysidro. Roberto delivered the tortillas to Mexican restaurants around San Diego, as well as to the U.S. Border Patrol’s immigrant holding facility in Otay Mesa.

When the agents began asking Dolores if she could make beans and rice to go with her tortillas, she and her husband decided to open their own quick-service Mexican restaurant using her recipes and others they’d gathered over the years, Reynaldo said..............

In its early years, Roberto’s became famous for its fried rolled tacos plate and its “poor man’s” bean burrito, a two-bite snack that sold for a dime. Then in 1976, they introduced the region’s first carne asada burrito.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Nobody is required to serve a mission.

I would welcome kids staying in the program for 4-5 years straight. 

Holmoe could do more to advocate for better and more efficient spending.

He hasn't.

He could stop hiring coaches and forcing them on the head coach, but he hasn't. 

He will go down as the single thing that sunk BYU future years from now.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg