Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

150 Homeland Security Agents Being Sent to Chicago

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

How many people have been killed in Portland? 

https://www.portlandcopwatch.org/shootings.html

https://www.portlandcopwatch.org/proximityshootings.html

a few over the last 10 years. most recently 2018 if i read the links correctly. this link deals with portland only, but that's only part of the animus of the crowd.  they're protesting nationwide police brutality against black folks.

i get that you're against crowds looting and breaking windows and setting fires.  and trying to burn down city hall.  if your people have gotten to the point where they're willing to loot and riot and burn down buildings then the problem to solve isn't the crowd. it's not to break in and exert control.  they are fighting back because they are trying to take back control.  more attempts at exerting control only enrages them and fans the flames -- which is what we're seeing.

the solution is to understand why they're there.

people don't assemble and light buildings on fire or loot and steal when they have 401Ks and mortgages and barbecues to go or nightclubs to have fun in.  covid-19 world aside, of course.  they assemble and turn unruly and mob and loot when those in power oppress those out of power.  reverse the policies of oppression and you don't have the crowds banding together and turning into destructive mobs.

Just now, Bob said:

You'd think these rioters could get a lot more rioting done with the use of two hands. Every damn one of them is recording the "experience" with one hand occupied by their phone! Unbelievable! If they believed in their cause so deeply you'd think they could put down their damn phones and concentrate on the task at hand. Damn this generation!

gopro.com

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think what I find the most ironic is all the crocodile tears about the "property damage" and "riots."  The Trumpists and the president literally hate and ridicule these communities at every opportunity..  The history of these Trumpists and this presidency is that he could give a rats ass about them at all.  

The only reason the Trumpists care about "property rights" and "riots" in these blue cities is because they think it can help ignite a culture war.  They cynically believe that somehow people sitting in their living rooms in the suburbs who aren't even impacted by anything happening in these cities will somehow sit up from their easy chairs and cheer.  "Yeah, get those liberals."  The true audience is not to help the people in these cities, it is to create a cultural spectacle.

All of the sudden, suburbanites who could give a shit about violence in Chicago or protests in Portland are supposed to forget that they cannot send their kids to school and they will have another virus lockdown.  They are supposed to stand up and take notice that, "my life would be much better if it weren't for these +++++ing protests in a city 1000 miles away....and also we have to disrupt those caravans that are 2000 miles away!"  "I am so glad we have someone in the white house who tackles the most important things first!"

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I think what I find the most ironic is all the crocodile tears about the "property damage" and "riots."  The Trumpists and the president literally hate and ridicule these communities at every opportunity..  The history of these Trumpists and this presidency is that he could give a rats ass about them at all.  

The only reason the Trumpists care about "property rights" and "riots" in these blue cities is because they think it can help ignite a culture war.  They cynically believe that somehow people sitting in their living rooms in the suburbs who aren't even impacted by anything happening in these cities will somehow sit up from their easy chairs and cheer.  "Yeah, get those liberals."  The true audience is not to help the people in these cities, it is to create a cultural spectacle.

All of the sudden, suburbanites who could give a shit about violence in Chicago or protests in Portland are supposed to forget that they cannot send their kids to school and they will have another virus lockdown.  They are supposed to stand up and take notice that, "my life would be much better if it weren't for these +++++ing protests in a city 1000 miles away....and also we have to disrupt those caravans that are 2000 miles away!"  "I am so glad we have someone in the white house who tackles the most important things first!"

Sing it with me

"It's always about the culture war”

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

What's interesting is that Republicans for the first time are finding themselves more and more out of tune with the suburban cultural milieu. College-educated whites largely support BLM now, for instance. The George Floyd killing has produced a cultural shift and Republicans are still fighting the culture war along the lines of the Obama era.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

I'm not okay with people being arrested without probable cause. I know that's what the head of DHS said, but I don't believe that equates to going out and arresting people without some sort of probable cause. If I had to suggest a theory, I'd say that what he is referring to is that the feds have been monitoring ANTIFA members in Portland for a long time and are going out and arresting them when they identify them. Again, there had only been 13 people arrested as of two days ago (I'm sure that number has risen the past few days), which doesn't suggest that there are large groups of people being arrested for simply being downtown. It's terrible phrasing by the head of the DHS, but I don't think that means arresting without probable cause. And if there are people who have been arrested without probable cause, then they will sue the feds and most likely win/settle for a sum of money. Time will tell how it all shakes out. 

You don't need to suggest a theory, the head of the DHS literally said what he was doing. Are you so much of an apologist you'll argue that your beloved federal agents are not doing what they're saying they are doing? 

You're better off sticking to justifying unlawful detentions like SDSUfan. Just go full fash. This denialism is silly.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Sing it with me

"It's always about the culture war”

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

What's interesting is that Republicans for the first time are finding themselves more and more out of tune with the suburban cultural mileu. College-educated whites largely support BLM now, for instance. 

Trump is trying to pull out the Nixon strategy but I think he is going to get more than he bargained for.  I am from Colorado and thinking of a suburb like Aurora and an inner city area like five points.

Back in the late 60s because of white flight, Aurora was probably just about 100% white and five points was closer to 100% black.  Gentrification has happened and a lot of whites have moved back into the inner city with urban renewal.  So....the suburban strategy doesn't really target the white race like it probably used to.  Gentrification pushed a lot of minorities out to the suburbs looking for more affordable housing so the inner city and the suburbs seem to be a lot more diverse these days. A bunch of white liberals are the ones protesting as well...that really scrambles the racist strategy and it is much harder to "Code word" and "dog whistle" that "inner city" is short hand for blacks.

Posted Image

10 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Here is another video. Part of a lawsuit the ACLU filed today against the Federal Protective Service, US Marshalls, and DHS. The medics are volunteers clearly marked with red crosses.

That pisses me the f*ck off. Things are going to turn pretty f*cking ugly in Portland, Chicago, et al, if that boated ball of sagging wrinkled b¡tchtits doesn't call off his jackboot c*nts. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

this is gobbeldegook. The original amendments applied only to federal power until incorporated via court rulings and the 14th amendment. 

There is a reason Rights were changed from "Unalienable" in the Declaration of Independence to "Inallienable" in the constiitution (thanks ben franklin, you limey sympathizing POS). You can't opt out of an unalienable Right, but you can forfeit an inalienable Right #wordsmatter.

The overwhelming likelihood of the matter is that you're a federal employee (20 cfr et seq, 42 usc §418)

So you have two choices: quit, or keep enjoying your benefits and doing what your current boss  DJT tells you.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

6 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

In most people's experience, that is not the case. Your idea about the shape of these protests and how they turn out is extremely warped on a fundamental level. You carry into them a set of assumptions that you won't budge from. This stems from a lack of experience, I think.

I lack experience marching in groups every night that are intent on setting fire to buildings where they know people are inside. I don’t intend to start.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

https://www.portlandcopwatch.org/shootings.html

https://www.portlandcopwatch.org/proximityshootings.html

a few over the last 10 years. most recently 2018 if i read the links correctly. this link deals with portland only, but that's only part of the animus of the crowd.  they're protesting nationwide police brutality against black folks.

i get that you're against crowds looting and breaking windows and setting fires.  and trying to burn down city hall.  if your people have gotten to the point where they're willing to loot and riot and burn down buildings then the problem to solve isn't the crowd. it's not to break in and exert control.  they are fighting back because they are trying to take back control.  more attempts at exerting control only enrages them and fans the flames -- which is what we're seeing.

the solution is to understand why they're there.

people don't assemble and light buildings on fire or loot and steal when they have 401Ks and mortgages and barbecues to go or nightclubs to have fun in.  covid-19 world aside, of course.  they assemble and turn unruly and mob and loot when those in power oppress those out of power.  reverse the policies of oppression and you don't have the crowds banding together and turning into destructive mobs.

Lawyers my man, lawyers. These are not bread riots.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Never worked retail?

I don’t count bartending. Breaking up brawls and the occasional drunk with a gun doesn’t seem to rise to the level. Nobody tried to light the bar on fire after I closed it.

23 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

There is a reason Rights were changed from "Unalienable" in the Declaration of Independence to "Inallienable" in the constiitution (thanks ben franklin, you limey sympathizing POS). You can't opt out of an unalienable Right, but you can forfeit an inalienable Right #wordsmatter.

The overwhelming likelihood of the matter is that you're a federal employee (20 cfr et seq, 42 usc §418)

So you have two choices: quit, or keep enjoying your benefits and doing what your current boss  DJT tells you.

my retirement and health benefits from state level employ? :lol:good god you're an idiot maynard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lawyers my man, lawyers. These are not bread riots.

good counterpoint, but i stand by my opinion.  these are very much bread riots.

i posit these winners up here ^^^ wouldn't be doing that w/o the cover of the rest.

Haven't kept up with the thread, but evidently they tear gassed the mayor of Portland last night. I imagine my prediction of the local PD bumping heads with these Feds is about to come true. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I lack experience marching in groups every night that are intent on setting fire to buildings where they know people are inside. I don’t intend to start.

Again, this kind of thinking is packed with incorrect assumptions. Observers that aren’t even participants are saying the same things: police officers are often bad faith actors committing frequent assaults and sowing chaos on previously peaceful protests. Their response is ratcheting up the damage to your beloved Arby’s properties. Maybe you should lobby for your favorite fat psychos to stop bashing people’s heads in and gassing them if you want order maintained.

I know you love order and think old men deserve to be brained on the fcking pavement and dudes wearing the color black should be kidnapped, but think about the potential fire damage to a CVS that may ensue. That alone is an argument to scale back police response!

4 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

Again, this kind of thinking is packed with incorrect assumptions. Observers that aren’t even participants are saying the same things: police officers are often bad faith actors committing frequent assaults and sowing chaos on previously peaceful protests. Their response is ratcheting up the damage to your beloved Arby’s properties. Maybe you should lobby for your favorite fat psychos to stop bashing people’s heads in and gassing them if you want order maintained.

I know you love order and think old men deserve to be brained on the fcking pavement and dudes wearing the color black should be kidnapped, but think about the potential fire damage to a CVS that may ensue. That alone is an argument to scale back police response!

I don’t think any of those things, but it is easier to continually defend violence you like by straw manning the other side and covering your eyes towards what is happening. Keep doing you bud.