Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

150 Homeland Security Agents Being Sent to Chicago

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

If you voted for trump in 2016 you voted for chaos and mass death. There’s no gray area.

He ignored COVID and refused guidance from experts. It has killed 140,000+ Americans and counting. No other advanced country has been hit this hard because they prepared properly and listened to experts. He and his supporters are responsible. There is no other way to see it. 

He has now sent secret police to American cities to kidnap citizens. He and his supporters are responsible for that too. They will own it for the rest of their lives. 

No one could know the future.   I voted libertarian in 2016 and hoped for the best with Trump.   Knowing what I know now I might vote differently but with little effect.   

But people in 2020 have no such excuse.   I know many are Christians.  Those who support family separations at the border may want to consider James:

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 
13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

18 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

And along with Chicago, he's heading to Albuquerque..you guys got big protests there??

The Wall of Moms already have an Albuquerque chapter organizing. They also have many other chapters forming including Chicago.

https://twitter.com/wallofmomsabq

https://twitter.com/WallOfMomsChi

https://twitter.com/WallOfMoms

The Wall of Vets group just started today and is looking for veterans in cities across the country to organize and stand with the Wall of Mom chapters to protect them. They say their inspiration is Chris David, the Navy vet captured on video being struck with batons in Portland. Wall of Vets says this is not a 2A group but a non-violent group.

https://twitter.com/VetsWall

14 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Lol at you constantly assuming the cops and Feds are good-faith actors. It’s clear you’ve never been on the ground

I’ve never marched in a riot, no. Perhaps the officers were mostly good faith actors and any instances of inappropriate behavior was simply collateral damage.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve never marched in a riot, no. Perhaps the officers were mostly good faith actors and any instances of inappropriate behavior was simply collateral damage.

turntables GIF

26 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

And along with Chicago, he's heading to Albuquerque..you guys got big protests there??

Not big protests but there have been some violent ones. Also the governor has directed state police to enforce face covering mandate so they have less time for real work. I welcome the feds coming in because albuquerque is a dangerous city. Local politicians are furious and don’t want help with the crime because Trump is directing the Feds.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Even the protestors themselves admitted they were down to a very small group at night across from the Federal building. Seeing the Federal officers definitely changed the dynamic and reenergized the protests.

And many think the entire city was swarming with protestors when it was the Federal building and the park across the street, 2 city blocks total.

I've watched a number of the Portland protesters, and it had indeed been getting smaller until all of this nonsense happened.

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I've watched a number of the Portland protesters, and it had indeed been getting smaller until all of this nonsense happened.

Trump said we were dealing with coronavirus embers.

Well that was what the Portland protests had become, embers. The emotion behind it was dying down.

Then he chose to fan the embers and created flames.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

No one could know the future.   I voted libertarian in 2016 and hoped for the best with Trump.   Knowing what I know now I might vote differently but with little effect.   

But people in 2020 have no such excuse.   I know many are Christians.  Those who support family separations at the border may want to consider James:

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 
13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

I understand not voting for Hilary. I really do. But voting for trump was a depraved act then and it looks even worse now.

And you’re right. The future is unknowable. No one called this exact sequence of events. But be honest, are you really surprised? Because I am not. I told everyone who would listen then that we wouldn’t recognize America in four years. I got dismissed as an alarmist around here and elsewhere, but look where we are.

Youre also correct that the people who are responsible for this grave error have a chance to redeem themselves this fall. If they don’t want to vote for Biden, I understand that, I’m not all that enthusiastic about it either, but a vote for trump is a vote against humanity.  

9 hours ago, happycamper said:

That is such an outrageous claim. 

'Ninety-three business owners downtown suffered more than $23 million in losses so far this year — mostly due to the pandemic. But $4.8 million of that was in property damage sustained in the riot." And that doesn't include damage to federal property or revenue lost due to businesses not being able to reopen. And through it all, not a word from the mayor, the city, the mayor or the police, who sat by and did nothing. If you think that those business owners are sad to someone in there trying to do something about it, I invite you to give those business owners a call and ask them. I'm so sorry about the slashed tires on the snack van......how devastating that must be for the riot support team. 

As far as the links in response to me asking for "videos/photos of all these people being abducted", I see one video of someone being arrested or detained. One. I also see one story behind a pay wall, one story of a riot snack van's tires being slashed (of course no mention of what transpired before that), and one story of a guy getting hit in the head with a bean bag gun. That's regrettable to be sure, but if you think the officer was aiming for his head, then you've never shot one of those guns. There is little to no accuracy, especially from that range. 

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Will-Ferrell-LOL.gif

you've flown on an airplane in the last 20 years.....no?

Also, if you, Internet slappy of the highest order, know that the "secret police" are TSA (omfg..lololololol) and border patrol, are they really "secret"?

Are you really this dense? 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Your argument would be more believable if it wasnt accompanied by wholehearted support of an attempt to occupy American cities with unwanted federal forces.

My wholehearted support is for the business owners and people affected by those that are using the cover of peaceful protests to destroy and rob those businesses. If that means federal troops come in to do it, I'm okay with that, but I would much prefer that the city protect its citizens and business owners who pay taxes in the city for such services. I'm not a fan of allowing mobs to loot while city and state officials do nothing....spin that however you want.

55 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ouch... sick burn.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

My wholehearted support is for the business owners and people affected by those that are using the cover of peaceful protests to destroy and rob those businesses. If that means federal troops come in to do it, I'm okay with that, but I would much prefer that the city protect its citizens and business owners who pay taxes in the city for such services. I'm not a fan of allowing mobs to loot while city and state officials do nothing....spin that however you want.

Lulz, ok.

4 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Right back at you. 

No. I think you believe me. I think you're full of shit. 

28 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

That is such an outrageous claim. 

'Ninety-three business owners downtown suffered more than $23 million in losses so far this year — mostly due to the pandemic. But $4.8 million of that was in property damage sustained in the riot." And that doesn't include damage to federal property or revenue lost due to businesses not being able to reopen. And through it all, not a word from the mayor, the city, the mayor or the police, who sat by and did nothing. If you think that those business owners are sad to someone in there trying to do something about it, I invite you to give those business owners a call and ask them. I'm so sorry about the slashed tires on the snack van......how devastating that must be for the riot support team. 

As far as the links in response to me asking for "videos/photos of all these people being abducted", I see one video of someone being arrested or detained. One. I also see one story behind a pay wall, one story of a riot snack van's tires being slashed (of course no mention of what transpired before that), and one story of a guy getting hit in the head with a bean bag gun. That's regrettable to be sure, but if you think the officer was aiming for his head, then you've never shot one of those guns. There is little to no accuracy, especially from that range. 

Here is another video. Part of a lawsuit the ACLU filed today against the Federal Protective Service, US Marshalls, and DHS. The medics are volunteers clearly marked with red crosses.