Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

150 Homeland Security Agents Being Sent to Chicago

8 hours ago, retrofade said:

I've been screaming that very thing since partway through GWB's first term.

Preach brother. Homeland Security and the Patriot Act......were shoved down our throats. It was a grab to minimize our freedoms and it went through so fast we barely had a chance to realize it before it was done.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

I remember after 911 when they created the Dept. of "Homeland" Security and I thought, ya know, that wording sounds a little too fascist regime for my tastes.

Guys, for future reference, when somebody talks like an authoritarian fascist, I think it's okay to go ahead and believe them before we get to the stage we're at. We don't need to go, well, actually...

Anybody that plays fast and loose with that kind of talk doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

One day this won't all be a tough guy stunt for an election.

Does it matter? I mean, I would argue all authoritarian acts are tough guy stunts for something or other. The fact that these guys get cover even on Fox News to occupy an American city against the wishes of the people and authorities of that city is pretty shocking to me. This is all just nuts. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

56 minutes ago, azgreg said:

Where were these Federal "law and order" troops when Militia members stormed the Michigan Capital with Assault Rifles?

And where are the militias that are supposed to stand up to tyranny?

Seems like someone needs to shine that giant belt buckle-shaped spotlight in the sky so the Bundy Boiz can saddle up and ride again.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, azgreg said:

Where were these Federal "law and order" troops when Militia members stormed the Michigan Capital with Assault Rifles?

If you are white or a "rural" type it's okay to do an armed takeover of federal property. In fact, Trump may pardon some some people if you protest their crimes in this way.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/trump_pardons_oregon_ranchers_who_inspired_malheur_national_wildlife_refuge

2 hours ago, azgreg said:

This is your answer. They're only tough against unarmed people.

3 hours ago, azgreg said:

You understand there's a difference between a ONE day PEACEFUL protest and 6 WEEKS of violence, mayhem and destruction.

The shitheads in Portland are openly calling for the violent overthrow of the US government.  You can DENY this but that would make you either a fool or a liar.

This is a federal crime.  it's called Sedition and it is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.  The federal government has not only the right but the responsibility to quell what is in effect a low level insurrection.

https://spectator.us/hell-portland-mayhem-george-floyd/

There’s something peculiar going on when indiscriminate attacks on the national government, the only real locomotive that can haul us out of the third-world cloaca we’ve recently fashioned on the streets of our cities, are freely aired because they play to the vindictive public mood. On what could be called the philosophical plain, it’s a stance motivated by moral revulsion at something called systemic racism. At street level, it expresses itself in the nightly sight of hundreds of masked demonstrators, predominantly white and male, collecting in downtown Portland in order to pelt police with rocks and urinate on the steps of the courthouse. Mayor Wheeler has told us how sorry he is about this state of affairs, but at least he can solace himself by decamping to one of his three luxury homes bought with the proceeds of the family timber business and his own career as an executive at the same Bank of America that helped trigger the great economic meltdown of 2008.

Meanwhile, it’s been 56 days of hell, and counting, for America’s Rose City.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Go to 3:30 and see the "peaceful" protesters as they attack the police who are doing nothing more than standing behind barricades and then tell me the Chicago government is capable of defending the life and property of its citizens.  How can any true American defend this type of activity? You worry about federal law enforcement and excuse this? You call this activity  "peaceful"?  WTF is the matter with you?  You're as sick as the worthless, evil filth tearing down the statues.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I don't think many of you understand how close we are to actual, bloody armed civil war.

You should begin to think in those terms.  If you don't think it can happen here you are sadly mistaken.

Think, really, really hard about this and if this is the country you want your kids to grow up in because it's coming.

Law and order is foundational.

nothing else works without it.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

28 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Go to 3:30 and see the "peaceful" protesters as they attack the police who are doing nothing more than standing behind barricades and then tell me the Chicago government is capable of defending the life and property of its citizens.  How can any true American defend this type of activity? You worry about federal law enforcement and excuse this? You call this activity  "peaceful"?  WTF is the matter with you?  You're as sick as the worthless, evil filth tearing down the statues.

In Portland the federal agents have done nothing but grow the protests and increase tension. If the goal is to reduce the protests, this is a really stupid phcking way of doing it that achieves the exact opposite.

18 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

In Portland the federal agents have done nothing but grow the protests and increase tension. If the goal is to reduce the protests, this is a really stupid phcking way of doing it that achieves the exact opposite.

The goal is not to reduce protests, it is to inflame them, ignite a culture war, and distract from the president's failure to control the virus.

Posted Image

Recall the agents and let the cities sort themselves out if they must. The local governments don’t want them there, why should I care what happens in their cities. Let’s see how well things go. 

But if those federal buildings burn, there better not be one cent spent in those cities to rebuild them there. Let all that money and all those government jobs go to a place in the state willing to protect them. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Recall the agents and let the cities sort themselves out if they must. The local governments don’t want them there, why should I care what happens in their cities. Let’s see how well things go. 

But if those federal buildings burn, there better not be one cent spent in those cities to rebuild them there. Let all that money and all those government jobs go to a place in the state willing to protect them. 

The protests were peaceful for the most part until the federal agents showed up. They started out more violent then simmered down and were very peaceful from what I understand (talking Portland here so happy or others in the area can correct me). But once the feds started snatching people off the street it stirred things back up. 

So I think everyone would agree...... So why aren't they? Maybe they want to instigate things and make it worse so Trump can Crack down on it and play the  "law and order" president which he has been trying bit hasn't really worked as a majority of the public supports to protests. So if they can make the protests more violent and turn the people against them, then trump can come in with a heavy hand on them and look like a hero. 

11 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is a very black or white drug warrior, bad cop, prison industrial complex type of mentality.  If you aren't cool with Federal thugs kidnapping people, or throwing low level drug offenders in jail, or putting children in cages, you must want criminality.  The only effective way to combat crime the meathead way.  Show up with with billy clubs and impose your will!

Posted Image