Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Next Stimulus Strategy

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm in Jim Costa's district, not one of those three guys. I actually agree with punishing the GOP folks who embraced trumpism... the George Will approach. But in reality those 3 guys aren't going anywhere. 

On a side note, I used to live in a McClintock district. Gavent paid much attention to him since leaving, but is he a Trump guy? I figured he'd just lay low and come out of the lurch every once in a while to rage against the existence an old growth tree. 

Nah he is a big Trump guy.   McClintock has some chance to lose.   In reality, I would think twice voting out McCarthy.   Nunez is corrupt as hell however and a disgrace to CA.   

9 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I love false equivalence. If you don't vote for Joe Biden you support Donald Trump!

May as well say if you vote for a pro choice candidate you're guilty of murdering babies, or if you are a member of the NRA you're responsible for mass shootings!

If you truly think Trump is “fascist/right wing authoritarian” in terms of politicizing DOJ, politicizing DOD, scapegoating immigrants, using government assets for personal gain, ignoring and over-riding constitutional structures..... I don’t see how you can not vote to insure Trump is out of office.  

I’m less critical of those who don’t believe Trump is authoritarian like Convert or ModestoBulldog.   I think they are incorrect but they are not knowingly compromising their country.  And no I never said @thelawlorfaithful supported Trump.  But IMHO, believing he is authoritarian and doing nothing is worse.   

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

To your post, I don’t think Joe would promote unconstitutional executive orders but I have no such faith in Kamala Harris.   I’m certain Trump will as he has proven. 

Though he played the good soldier as VP, to his credit Biden explicitly said he would go through Congress to codify Obama’s unconstitutional executive orders. I hope he maintains that commitment.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Though he played the good soldier as VP, to his credit Biden explicitly said he would go through Congress to codify Obama’s unconstitutional executive orders. I hope he maintains that commitment.

I hope he is elected to have a chance and lives 4 years

Payroll tax deferral!  Its here suckas!  ... for federal employees

https://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/2020/08/federal-employees-will-have-payroll-taxes-deferred-next-paychecks-processor-says/168089/

The government will begin deferring withholding payroll taxes for federal employees to fulfill a memorandum President Trump issued earlier this month, according to a notice from one of its payroll processors. 

push GIF

Well, it looks like Trump was too stupid to just agree back in July to Pelosi's stimulus.  You couldn't gift wrap a better present for Democrats to have President standing in the way of the stimulus and cutting off negotiations.  It is now an embarrassment of riches for the Democrats to also have the senate standing in the way of more checks while trying to cram down a SC justice down our throats that nobody wants.

The funny thing is that it looks like Republican senators are the ones getting all stingy about the deficit all of the sudden.  I am thinking they are pretty gleeful to be able to give a little push to the scourge of their party and the country.  The ones that aren't running in this cycle then won't have to face a Trumpist moron when he gets blown out this election.

push GIF

Posted Image

Mitch McConnell doesn’t give a +++++ about struggling Americans. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:17 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Another reason to kill the filibuster.

Posted Image

38 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Another reason to kill the filibuster.

tenor.gif?itemid=14746287

Never change. You highlight what a joke those that are queasy siding with you are becoming to themselves.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14746287

Never change. You highlight what a joke those that are queasy siding with you are becoming to themselves.

Obama could not codify anything.  McConnell wouldn't allow it.

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Democracy means majority rules.  The senator selection is undemocratic and the filibuster further strengthens the undemocracy.

Strange that he’s had a majority for six years.

tenor.gif?itemid=8010168