Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Next Stimulus Strategy

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Dude go back and read my posts.  I was against Holder from the beginning.  The Supreme Court rightly or wrongly has granted the President broad latitude in immigration policy.   Were Obama to chose to implement DACA today he would be well within his rights.

That’s not what SCOTUS said but I’m guessing you didn’t read the decision. No searches of the site or google turn up you saying a word about Holder at the time. And wtf does Holder have to do with what we’re talking about here anyway? This isn’t DOJ or disputes between the branches territory, this is flat out flying in the face of Article 3 stuff.

Deciding to delay the mandate of a new law by a year while some details are worked out is certainly nowhere near directly contravening the will of Congress.  Get out of here with that BS.   The authorization to appropriate funds is expressly the authority of Congress and Trump continues to end run it.

Oh it’s not?

CB5-B8196-2-EA9-45-EA-A152-54-B2-AF76554
That doesn’t look like near directly, but just directly contravening the explicit will of Congress. Guess you didn’t see what’s in it after they passed it. Election year is a good one to delay it though. But the Obama administration never did that stuff like that, or I suspect you’d have said something the beginning there too. Oh well, at least you’re saying it now.

When you actually state you are going to vote for Biden I will believe your BS.

Ah, there it is. Vote for my guy to stop this sort of thing I started caring about 5 minutes ago. Sorry to tell you, but I’m probably not going to vote for Biden. I will be voting for someone other than Trump for the third time. And more the fool you if you think President Biden, or Rice, or lol Harris is going to act any different. A president will come along at some point that won’t pull this, but we can be sure it’s not them. Keep waving the Pom Poms though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

17 hours ago, retrofade said:

I’ll be waiting here for the Trumpists to complain about Trump ruling by executive fiat and bypassing separation of powers. 

Still waiting.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

12 hours ago, sactowndog said:

At what point have the Trumpists ever cared about the constitution or the rule of law?

Only when it comes to the 2A and abortion.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That’s not what SCOTUS said but I’m guessing you didn’t read the decision. No searches of the site or google turn up you saying a word about Holder at the time. And wtf does Holder have to do with what we’re talking about here anyway? This isn’t DOJ or disputes between the branches territory. 

I was responding to your critique in total.   Holder completely ignored Congress’s oversight powers and repeatedly ignored valid Congressional Subpoenas.  

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh it’s not?

CB5-B8196-2-EA9-45-EA-A152-54-B2-AF76554
That doesn’t look like near directly, but just directly contravening the explicit will of Congress. Guess you didn’t see what’s in it after they passed it. Election year is a good one to delay it though. But the Obama administration never did that stuff like that, or I suspect you’d have said something the beginning there too. Oh well, at least you’re saying it now.

Yes I am aware of the date in the statute.   Delaying something a year because implementation details are needing to be worked out is good governance on the part of the executive branch who is charged with implementing laws.   I have no problem with that action and it has nothing to do with Dem or Republican.    

That action is 100% different from using a phony national emergency to shift funds to your wall priority in direct defiance of Congress’s stated intent.   The fact you equate them just highlights you are still team Rep.  

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Sorry to tell you, but I’m probably not going to vote for Biden. I will be voting for someone other than Trump for the third time. And more the fool you if you think President Biden, or Rice, or lol Harris is going to act any different. A president will come along at some point that won’t pull this, but we can be sure it’s not them. Keep waving the Pom Poms though.

Actions speak louder than words.   And you may be right, however they are an unknown at this point and Trump is clearly a known.   

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Yes I am aware of the date in the statute.   Delaying something a year because implementation details are needing to be worked out is good governance on the part of the executive branch who is charged with implementing laws.   I have no problem with that action and it has nothing to do with Dem or Republican.    

That action is 100% different from using a phony national emergency to shift funds to your wall priority in direct defiance of Congress’s stated intent.   The fact you equate them just highlights you are still team Rep.  

They had three years to get ready and we all recall the roll out, good governance indeed.

Nobody here is talking about the wall because that’s not the issue, Donny. But on that account you can sit your candy, principles of a weathervane having ass down.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Actions speak louder than words.   And you may be right, however they are an unknown at this point and Trump is clearly a known.   

They are known. We have years of Biden and Rice supporting this type of overreach in an administration they worked in, years. And good god, just go back and listen to Harris on the campaign trail. Her promises to rule without congress are all over the place, she literally laughed during a debate when Biden brought up the constitution to tell her she couldn’t do something. 

48 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They had three years to get ready and we all recall the roll out, good governance indeed.

Nobody here is talking about the wall because that’s not the issue, Donny. But on that account you can sit your candy, principles of a weathervane having ass down.

Try not to describe yourself so harshly.  

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They are known. We have years of Biden and Rice supporting this type of overreach in an administration they worked in, years. And good god, just go back and listen to Harris on the campaign trail. Her promises to rule without congress are all over the place, she literally laughed during a debate when Biden brought up the constitution to tell her she couldn’t do something. 

Not a Harris supporter in the least.  She hasn’t been named VP yet.  

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Receipts of what.  Consistent GOP apologist? 

Didn’t read the link did you. Well at least you’re consistent about not reading what you’re talking about.

16 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Didn’t read the link did you. Well at least you’re consistent about not reading what you’re talking about.

The link of your faux outrage?  Yeah I read it.   When you are actually going to do something meaningful Susan let me know.