Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

I Finally Watched All 5 Seasons of Breaking Bad

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Oooo that was a nice humble brag my man!

Didn't mean to brag and others might not be impressed but I simply consider myself to be a very lucky man.

Learned my lesson with Wife #1 who morphed from a head turner into a shallow human being who expected me to bust my ass earning money while she sat on HER ass on day watching soaps.

So I figure I'm batting .500 in that department.

10 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Didn't mean to brag and others might not be impressed but I simply consider myself to be a very lucky man.

Learned my lesson with Wife #1 who morphed from a head turner into a shallow human being who expected me to bust my ass earning money while she sat on HER ass on day watching soaps.

So I figure I'm batting .500 in that department.

Hey I’m there with you, I lucked out big time also with Mrs. SalinasSpartan. And  to bring it back to breaking bad my wife NEVER watches the shows I watch, and she binged all 5 seasons of with me. 

On 7/19/2020 at 12:42 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Total binge watched through about 10 days. I can see why so many liked it. I’d give it top marks if the Jesse character wasn’t so completely annoying. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to punch that dude in the face for being such a cry baby, meth head, whiney, punk loser. He was a total malcontent idiot that would never find happiness in anything. Boo Whoo! Jesse’s upset again. The most quoted phrases in the show were Walt saying “Jesse, we need to talk!!” and “I’m doing this for the family”. 

But what a depressing ending. You can’t say the show was glorifying being a meth head or a meth cook. But as smart as Walt was, he could’ve been working in R&D for new drugs or new consumer products and made a lot of money. He was insanely too smart to just be a HS chem teacher. 

Are you high (rhetorical question)? :idiot:

The arc of Jesse's character was just as interesting as Walter's. And Arron Paul is one hell of an actor, arguably one of the more talented of his generation IMO.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Are you high (rhetorical question)? :idiot:

The arc of Jesse's character was just as interesting as Walter's. And Arron Paul is one hell of an actor, arguably one of the more talented of his generation IMO.

This has nothing to do with Aaron Paul. The issue is the Jesse character being annoying as hell. You relate to it, and love people like that, I get it. I’m happy for you. Not. 

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I bet he never wore classy dress shorts to court tho.

You’re so obsessed with dress shorts, I’ll bet you wear them under your white doc coat. The down side is the dress short pockets aren’t big enough to hold a lot of meth for you. 

kat.jpg

47 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

This has nothing to do with Aaron Paul. The issue is the Jesse character being annoying as hell. You relate to it, and love people like that, I get it. I’m happy for you. Not. 

Sure, I'll always have a soft spot for the antihero who despite all his flaws end up trying to do right. :shrug: And yeah, I have a few low friends in low places; you just have to know at what distance to keep 'em.

I'd think a cat lady like you would understand the compassion behind brining in the occasional mangy stray.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

He was a crybaby from the very start when his life wasn’t in danger and before he liked any girl. He got his first gf hooked on drugs again, and she probably would’ve ended up choking on her vomit, anyway (not to excuse Walt for that). It doesn’t surprise me that you, half breed and some others really connect with a character like that...a lazy meth addict that bones disgusting prostitutes at a meth hotel and prides himself on putting meth on the streets, having total loser meth heads live at his house, and shoots a perfectly nice guy in the face. I do give him credit for strangling that clean cut nice guy monster for killing the girl and the kid on the dirt bike.

The funny thing is he whined about Walt being such a monster, but he shot a nice guy in the face, himself. Walt was insanely loyal to him until the very end until he realized Jesse wanted him dead. And Jesse essentially killed Walt. If he hadn’t been such a snitch to DEA fat boy and set him up to go to the money site, there was no case and probably never would‘ve been. 

You find it funny that people sympathize with Jessie despite the things he has done and wonder what it says about them. All the while it appears you are blaming him for bring Walt down and clearly sympathizing with Walt, one of the biggest monsters in television history. Not sure what that says about you.

also, IMO Walt was always a power hungry egomaniac. He didn't really "break" bad. He finally had an opportunity to become who he always was on the inside.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re so obsessed with dress shorts, I’ll bet you wear them under your white doc coat. The down side is the dress short pockets aren’t big enough to hold a lot of meth for you. 

ah the old "doctors can't get enough meth" stereotype rears its ugly head

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I mean, you'd know what annoying as hell is. Maybe we should listen to you on this, dress shorts.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 hours ago, tspoke said:

You find it funny that people sympathize with Jessie despite the things he has done and wonder what it says about them. All the while it appears you are blaming him for bring Walt down and clearly sympathizing with Walt, one of the biggest monsters in television history. Not sure what that says about you.

also, IMO Walt was always a power hungry egomaniac. He didn't really "break" bad. He finally had an opportunity to become who he always was on the inside.

Exactly. He always felt he was destined for better things than teaching HS chemistry and always felt looked down upon by his peer who he started the company with and then was forced out.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Exactly. He always felt he was destined for better things than teaching HS chemistry and always felt looked down upon by his peer who he started the company with and then was forced out.

I have only seen 3 seasons, so maybe they expound on this in later seasons or in Better Call Saul, but from my recollection isn't he the one that left Gretchen and the company?

11 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I have only seen 3 seasons, so maybe they expound on this in later seasons or in Better Call Saul, but from my recollection isn't he the one that left Gretchen and the company?

I can't remember exactly but he feels like he got screwed out of the riches they made.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Outstanding television. My brother and I debate all the time when Walter become completely irredeemable. He says as soon as he killed krazy 8, but I maintain that he’s not completely gone until he hires the white supremacists to perform ten prison hits within two minutes.  

krazy-8 was a "oh shit i have to keep going"

the white supremacists were past the point

i think it's when he bought the bull from fring about "a man provides".  walt's not stupid, he just needed someone else to give him permission to take that final step.

30 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I can't remember exactly but he feels like he got screwed out of the riches they made.

He absolutely feels that way but that doesn't necessarily reflect reality. 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:46 PM, tspoke said:

Don’t put words in my mouth. Walt was a bad guy too, but he wasn’t nearly as annoying as Jesse. Since so many here were defending Jesse, I ripped on him because of that. If people here were defending Walt, then I would’ve done the same to him. 

kat.jpg

19 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

It was worse than that. They took the patent that Walt made by himself in 1985 and used it to make millions without offering to pass along any $ to him. They did offer to pay his medical expenses out of guilt. They were never clear why Walt let them use his patent without consideration ($). It wasn’t the company’s (Grey Matter) patent. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Don’t put words in my mouth. Walt was a bad guy too, but he wasn’t nearly as annoying as Jesse. Since so many here were defending Jesse, I ripped on him because of that. If people here were defending Walt, then I would’ve done the same to him. 

Ah...the # 1 defense in the contard playbook. 

So you were trolling everyone because so many were defending the Jesse character? Sounds good....except "ripping" Jesse was the main focus of your original post in this thread. A thread you started, you big dope.

Thanks for the morning laugh, cupcake.