2 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I disagree with the asterisk part. All teams are playing under the same conditions. Who says we need a 1000 game season to determine a winner? I think the baseball season is too long to begin with. ...60 games , 50 games who cares...it's the supposed best of the best playing. Play what ever amount of games and winner takes all. No asterisk in my book. 

We are already seeing the Marlins crippled by the virus and  some key players refusing to play. Games being postponed and we are barely a week into the season. This season means nothing. 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

We are already seeing the Marlins crippled by the virus and  some key players refusing to play. Games being postponed and we are barely a week into the season. This season means nothing. 

Yeah a 16 team playoff would be fun but you kinda need to put an asterisk by it. NBA/NHL no asterisk. They basically played the full regular season and the only thing really changing is no home crowd. That never seemed to matter much in the NHL and although it makes a difference in the NBA not a large enough difference to pu an asterisk. 

College football and NFL would also very likely need an asterisk by their champion but we will see.

The Cardinals are the latest team with a COVID outbreak

12 hours ago, sebasour said:

The Cardinals are the latest team with a COVID outbreak

MLB needs to cancel the season at this point. They screwed the pooch on getting a shortened season done. 

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

MLB needs to cancel the season at this point. They screwed the pooch on getting a shortened season done. 

Rumors are they are very close to shutting it down. 

Keith Obermann reported that MLB told its TV carriers to have alternate programming ready as early as Monday.  

If more Cardinals players are positive tomorrow I think they shut it down.

Too bad, cause this is a nice story. 

Brothers who played against each other in college and in the minors exchanged lineup cards prior to their first matchup at the MLB level