4UNLV

BASEBALL!!

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Hopefully Kershaw has one more good inning in him, then yank him. 

He was cruising through that inning. Weird time to pull him. Guess it’s better to bring a reliever in with bases empty.

I do not agree with this.  But at least he won't lose the game

I'd have let him pitch to Margot. May makes me nervous, but he does bring the heat.:pitchforks:

Okaaaaaaayyyy...in the 8th I let the bottom of the Ray order try to hit 99+...and I have someone ready for Diaz. :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He was cruising through that inning. Weird time to pull him. Guess it’s better to bring a reliever in with bases empty.

Roberts told him something on the mound and Kershaw understood and agreed.

39 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Does it have anything to do maybe with the new 3 batter minimum for relievers? Maybe let a guy settle in with bases empty, 2 outs and face 1-2 guys without any consequences... That way, they can pull him earlier in the next inning in case he gets off to a shaky start

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Who pitches the ninth? My guess is Treinen. Please don’t bring in Jansen back to back games. 

Excellent guess.

19 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Does it have anything to do maybe with the new 3 batter minimum for relievers? Maybe let a guy settle in with bases empty, 2 outs and face 1-2 guys without any consequences... That way, they can pull him earlier in the next inning in case he gets off to a shaky start

The three batter doesn’t apply if you get out of the inning. Maybe he just thought his horse has done enough, May was ready to throw fireballs, and they might need Kershaw Wednesday if it comes to that. Worked so far

• Like 2