Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

BASEBALL!!

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Two crap NFC East teams that might not be favored to win the MWC 

There's a college football game too, App. State's playing.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Same quality as the NFL game :cheer:

Wow! You're sure in a crappy mood today. 

Mad Breaking Bad GIF by MOODMAN

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Alas, I’m smitten. She has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise. Besides, I can’t tell you how funny this tragic Dodgers run has been the past few years for me.

It was more fun back in the Lasorda days.

phillie phanatic baseball GIF

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Was he the coach in 88?

Yes, and the '81 series winner (over the Yankees) too. :thumbsup: Tommy was the man! 

6-t7749571-500.jpg

11 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Was he the coach in 88?

10 minutes ago, crixus said:

Yes, and the '81 series winner (over the Yankees) too. :thumbsup: Tommy was the man! 

Dodgers had two managers over a 42 year span - 1954-1996 

Walter Alston MGR -1954 through 1975, and signed 23 one-year contracts with the team.

Tom Lasorda MGR - 1976 to 1996 

@crixus, we need to see better from the former Highlander

https://www.highlandernews.org/75311/former-highlanders-pitcher-joe-kelly-stays-true-to-his-roots-throughout-his-time-in-major-league-baseball/

In a 2019 Q&A with the Associated Student Program Board (ASPB), Kelly stated that he decided to attend UCR because it was “one of the three schools that would let me play baseball.” UCR’s interest in his talent, coupled with the location and the team’s generous budget, made it an easy decision for the future Major League Baseball player. 

4 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

@crixus, we need to see better from the former Highlander

https://www.highlandernews.org/75311/former-highlanders-pitcher-joe-kelly-stays-true-to-his-roots-throughout-his-time-in-major-league-baseball/

In a 2019 Q&A with the Associated Student Program Board (ASPB), Kelly stated that he decided to attend UCR because it was “one of the three schools that would let me play baseball.” UCR’s interest in his talent, coupled with the location and the team’s generous budget, made it an easy decision for the future Major League Baseball player. 

Kelly's pitching has been fair in these playoffs, but not great. I can't remember any losses being due to his fault directly. 

21 hours ago, renoskier said:

They're battling for 1st place in the east!

Nevermind @UNLV2001, he woke up on the wrong side of life this morning (see GIF below). I enjoyed the Giants vs Eagles game. It was close and quirky which made it fun to watch. And I always like Troy Aikman's color commentary. He really knows football.

inappropriate clint eastwood GIF by Cheezburger

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Big game for the Dodgers tonight. They can’t afford to lose with their ace on the mound because the following game will be an assortment of bullpen arms again. Urias should start , but Roberts will save him for relief.

I trace the Dodgers World Series dilemmas in the past seven years on not having three dominant pitchers. The Nationals weren’t that great last year, but they won it with dominant pitching. 

How the hell the Giants won three World Series pitching Bumgarner just about every game was amazing. 

Remember, they were supposed to have Price this year but he opted out because covid.