Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

BASEBALL!!

5 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I remember the 1981 series vs the Yankees. Great series between two long time rivals. The only good thing about getting old is savoring the memories. :oldman:

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

Dodgers are thankful he stayed out there... got another pair of runs before Rays went to the bullpen

He was left out there way too long. Cash’s first big mistake of the series.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Kershaw coming back out for the 6th. I think he's got two good innings left in him, but I wouldn't go past 7. Don't push it (again) Dave Roberts!

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He was left out there way too long. Cash’s first big mistake of the series.

Pretty obvious that he should have been pulled earlier.

I noticed the Rays only called 13 pitchers (Dodgers with 15), so maybe they just have the mindset that their starters need to do more? I'm not a huge stat guy, so not sure if that's a normal roster breakdown or not.

Having a DH for all 7 games and the 3-batter rule will probably result is less pitching changes this year, anyways.

Pretty obvious that he should have been pulled earlier.

I noticed the Rays only called 13 pitchers (Dodgers with 15), so maybe they just have the mindset that their starters need to do more? I'm not a huge stat guy, so not sure if that's a normal roster breakdown or not.

Having a DH for all 7 games and the 3-batter rule will probably result is less pitching changes this year, anyways.

Generally in a 7 game post season series, with 25 man rosters, teams go with less pitchers overall thinking 3 or 4 starters can work, so they add in a couple of position players ...........so instead of a 12/13 split, it might be 9/16 or 10/15 

5 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

That may have been his easiest inning of the night!

And that's why I updated my post to 7 right before you replied. :D But this board doesn't really update right away after a post. It takes awhile.

That may have been his easiest inning of the night!

78 pitches, let him throw the 7th then Urias.