Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

BASEBALL!!

12 hours ago, sebasour said:

The Cardinals are the latest team with a COVID outbreak

MLB needs to cancel the season at this point. They screwed the pooch on getting a shortened season done. 

Too bad, cause this is a nice story. 

Brothers who played against each other in college and in the minors exchanged lineup cards prior to their first matchup at the MLB level

Judgement day is upon a handful of NL teams, today, the final day of the reg season. Four teams fighting for the final two spots in the playoffs— Brewers, Cardinals, Giants, and Phillies. 

AL side is all but set, only seeding in question.

Playoffs should be fun to watch this year with the expanded field. 

8 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

Judgement day is upon a handful of NL teams, today, the final day of the reg season. Four teams fighting for the final two spots in the playoffs— Brewers, Cardinals, Giants, and Phillies. 

AL side is all but set, only seeding in question.

Playoffs should be fun to watch this year with the expanded field. 

I'm seriously going to miss baseball in a few weeks. It's been my go-to therapy when I get off work. I can have it on in the background while I sit at my desk grading papers and drinking my beer. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The field is set!  GO TWINS!

image.png.e2966f9b00fdc3e2f6eaa75fe75445c9.png

Everyone is obviously Twins fan this week... hoping they send the Cheaters out with a swift exit.

Brew crew have their work cut out for them, but it’s only two wins and they don’t have the fans at Dodger Stadium to deal with.

Cleveland's Shane Bieber won the pitching triple crown.  Led the majors in wins, ERA and strikeouts - and the AL in batting average against.  4th in the majors in WHIP.

He's a lock for the AL Cy Young award.  Perhaps league MVP too?:hmmm:

Nice year for the UCSB alum.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shane-bieber-wins-pitching-triple-crown

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Finally, my Twins don't have to play the damn Yankees right away.  They have an abysmal record on the road though.

The Yankees road record is slightly worse than the Twins.  That said, I'd prefer to avoid the Yankees altogether but someday, somehow the Twins must get that pinstripe monkey off their backs!  Would be sweet victory to take down the damn Yankees in the ALCS!

17 hours ago, B_Lootz said:

Everyone is obviously Twins fan this week... hoping they send the Cheaters out with a swift exit.

Doubt the A's and White Sox are.  A's took 7 of 10 from the Disastros, and the White Sox are undefeated all time in the post season against them....:P

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Let's Go... 2018 Dodger season.......... | Page 5 | River Daves Place

On 9/27/2020 at 7:38 PM, jdgaucho said:

Cleveland's Shane Bieber won the pitching triple crown.  Led the majors in wins, ERA and strikeouts - and the AL in batting average against.  4th in the majors in WHIP.

He's a lock for the AL Cy Young award.  Perhaps league MVP too?:hmmm:

Nice year for the UCSB alum.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shane-bieber-wins-pitching-triple-crown

I hope everyone voted before the Yankees took him to the woodshed last night.

This "Bieber" has better stuff

image.jpeg.dc1e24cb09963c0cbc133dc20ff90cfa.jpeg