Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

BASEBALL!!

On 7/18/2020 at 5:24 PM, 4UNLV said:

We have baseball! (Well, it's the Mets, lol). First sport in 4 months, except cornhole. :D

Hey!  Cornhole is a serious endeavor.

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The world is right on its axis again. Dodgers whomp the Vaginas. Not that it means much. The Vaginas look like a minor league team. 

God. Giants are so bad. Fing Dodgers are stacked at every position.

What all you Kap haters think about the knelling these days? MLB and NBA looking pretty progressive. WonderInf how the NFL will respond. 

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

What all you Kap haters think about the knelling these days? MLB and NBA looking pretty progressive. WonderInf how the NFL will respond. 

Looks like Kap was the trend setter. When the fans return I suspect you’ll see them kneeling in the stands too, but that might be tough in the miniscule space for most stadium seat assignments. 

33 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I had no problem with his kneeling.  I also had no problem with the NFL's response.  Every action has a consequence.

28 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I had no problem with his kneeling.  I also had no problem with the NFL's response.  Every action has a consequence.

Well remember that the consequence to the NFL’s response was that Kaep successfully sued them. 

19 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

What will be the NFL’s response be do you think?

The NFL is going to step back and let players kneel, if they so choose.  The last thing the league wants is owner vs player dispute on this issue.

Usually the national anthem isn't shown on tv, so tv viewers won't miss anything.  And if there's no fans in the stands, they won't see anything either.

7 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

The NFL is going to step back and let players kneel, if they so choose.  The last thing the league wants is owner vs player dispute on this issue.

Usually the national anthem isn't shown on tv, so tv viewers won't miss anything.  And if there's no fans in the stands, they won't see anything either.

I’m sure they will make a point of showing it just like they did for baseball last night. 

On 7/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, 4UNLV said:

First sport in 4 months, except cornhole. :D

Except for golf, soccer, tennis....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

25 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m sure they will make a point of showing it just like they did for baseball last night. 

Opening day, opening weekend is one thing.  I'll concede if the kneeling is shown in game 25.

38 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I am a lifelong Giants fan and 2/3 of this team are players I've never heard of before.  And the other 1/3 are retreads from the glory days. 

Yeah, I was reading the starting lineup and was like “don’t know him. Don’t know him. who TF Is that? Oh, he’s old. Don’t know him. Old guy”. At least Cueto is still good. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yeah, I was reading the starting lineup and was like “don’t know him. Don’t know him. who TF Is that? Oh, he’s old. Don’t know him. Old guy”. At least Cueto is still good. 

and then Pablo and Hunter Pence, I'm surprised we haven't brought back JT Snow and Ryan Klesko

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

and then Pablo and Hunter Pence, I'm surprised we haven't brought back JT Snow and Ryan Klesko

Is Barry still around? Lol. 

I thought Pablo looked better than I expected, but he’s washed up. Going to be a long (short) year for you guys. I’m sure the Giants will bounce back soon enough tho. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Watched the Yankees and Nationals before the start of the Dodger game. Zero fans in the stands with nothing to district him and Angel Hernandez was still blowing calls. Phucking worthless. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg