Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Wyoming football on the rise

10 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Rural? It's a college town. Probably more "urban" than 90% of all of Idaho's towns. We've got about 3M people within 2 hours of us.

Haha... @Wyovanian trying to claim the NoCo - Ft Fun/Loveland/Greely MetroPlex

16 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Your claim was you was in a metropolitan area with 3 million people. I'm not sure why this is difficult for you.

No, I said it was within a two hour drive of over 3M people. That was all. It's your inference that is causing difficulties.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

16 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

NOT ME...I'm taken Laramie or Viva hands down.  I start HATING Vegas 1.75-days-in when I'm there on pleasrure...I'm good for 3-4 when I'm there for wrk.

=====================

¿WTF @Wyovanian...Vedauwoo Rocks isn’t a wyo State Prk?

820948AD-118E-4A4A-A4A3-B224E2EB962E.jpeg

image.jpeg.195083a9a44398f99b4886293d59598c.jpeg

E5D715D1-1EE9-4DE8-AECD-15E4785CF3DA.jpeg

AF996343-4E01-4272-AD60-8683DCB611F8.jpeg

8CBFB1D2-9ECF-4582-8168-4DEF412956BE.jpeg

Not sure. It's administered as a recreation area.

15 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Haha... @Wyovanian trying to claim the NoCo - Ft Fun/Loveland/Greely MetroPlex

Didn't "claim" anything. Simply stated we're within two hours' drive of over 3M people. It was in the context of Laramie being described as "rural". Disregarding Colorado, there are over 100k people less than an hour from Laramie. Include Colorado and there are about 250k within an hour of Laramie. Expand the radius to two hours' drive and there are over 3M people in that radius. Laramie is probably more exurban than rural due to its chief industries and location. I would consider Casper to be more rural than Laramie due to its isolated location, despite its population. When I think rural, I think of places like Wamsutter, Meeteetsee, Wheatland, etc...

Wyoming home attendance had one of the biggest improvements last year. I posted the data in another thread. Wyoming is right at the MWC average attendance. Apparently the fans are buying into Bohls as well. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

29 minutes ago, robe said:

Wyoming home attendance had one of the biggest improvements last year. I posted the data in another thread. Wyoming is right at the MWC average attendance. Apparently the fans are buying into Bohls as well. 

Depends bud.  Depends. 

11 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Didn't "claim" anything. Simply stated we're within two hours' drive of over 3M people. It was in the context of Laramie being described as "rural". Disregarding Colorado, there are over 100k people less than an hour from Laramie. Include Colorado and there are about 250k within an hour of Laramie. Expand the radius to two hours' drive and there are over 3M people in that radius. Laramie is probably more exurban than rural due to its chief industries and location. I would consider Casper to be more rural than Laramie due to its isolated location, despite its population. When I think rural, I think of places like Wamsutter, Meeteetsee, Wheatland, etc...

I'm not sure what that really says about the rural-ness of Laramie.  I'd call the area surrounding Laramie very rural.

At the moment, there are less-than-600k-ppl within an 800-mi radius of me, yet I'm in the middle of an urban cntr.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:12 AM, Wyovanian said:

It's currently 78 degrees with not a cloud in the sky on the golf course up here in our frozen hellhole. No murders reported this morning. No one begging for money on the corner. Mule deer grazing off of hole 4. Bloody Marys made from my neighbor's fresh heirloom tomatoes. Pure hell...

Tell him about the amazing world class culinary scene!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It is compared to the hamburger helper and box Mac and cheese yer mom makes me after I’m done uhhh “delivering the pizza”

43 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

It is compared to the hamburger helper and box Mac and cheese yer mom makes me after I’m done uhhh “delivering the pizza”

My mom’s too glitz for you. Wendy over in the Love’s lot in Wamsutter is more your speed.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You give any culinary professional a choice between a meal in Boise or a meal in Jackson, and Boise is going to lose every time.

Ok back to Wyo whom every year sneaks a few of very high talent and every year gives us (Aztecs) fits. Class fans, exceptional coach and I expect the Pokes to challenge for the championship this upcoming year.