Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Angriest fans in the MW?

Who's the best at being bitter?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the fans that you think are the most consistently angry in the MW conference

• Air Force
    • Boise State
    • Colorado State
    • Fresno State
    • Hawaii
    • Nevada
    • New Mexico
    • San Jose State
    • San Diego State
    • UNLV
    • Utah State
    • Wyoming

17 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

There are so many things wrong with that post, lol.

Yeah.  Last time a CFB team had ties, the MWC didn't even exist.

7 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

We're mostly mad about teams like yours holding our conference back. I'm happy about the level of respect we get nationally.

We’re talking about some epic butt hurt right here. The hurt of our all-time best FB team beating your all-time best FB team is strong as ever. With many Boise fans still feeling this way, the scorn and butthurt with live on for decades. Boo Whoo. 

kat.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

We’re talking about some epic butt hurt right here. The hurt of our all-time best FB team beating your all-time best FB team is strong as ever. With many Boise fans still feeling this way, the scorn and butthurt with live on for decades. Boo Whoo. 

That was a great moment in cfb history. Congrats that the highest Reno has achieved is beating BSU. What have you done for me lately?

I think, therefore I'm.

8 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

That was a great moment in cfb history. Congrats that the highest Reno has achieved is beating BSU. What have you done for me lately?

Wow, you should like your team a little better than that. The fact that Boise was ranked #3 & #4 at that time should make you feel a bit more proud. After all, that morning, depending how the Iron Bowl went, you could’ve been playing us for a national title game. But instead, you were still playing for a Rose Bowl appearance.

Losing Ault suddenly certainly didn’t help things out, and our old crappy AD hiring Polian just as she was leaving was not helpful either. I thought we’d have gotten more out of Norvell in 3 seasons, but he’s still a hell of a lot better than Po Po the hotdogger. If Norvell doesn’t at least get us close or in the Top 25 fairly soon, we might want to go elsewhere. 

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Wow, you should like your team a little better than that. The fact that Boise was ranked #3 & #4 at that time should make you feel a bit more proud. After all, that morning, depending how the Iron Bowl went, you could’ve been playing us for a national title game. But instead, you were still playing for a Rose Bowl appearance.

Losing Ault suddenly certainly didn’t help things out, and our old crappy AD hiring Polian just as she was leaving was not helpful either. I thought we’d have gotten more out of Norvell in 3 seasons, but he’s still a hell of a lot better than Po Po the hotdogger. If Norvell doesn’t at least get us close or in the Top 25 fairly soon, we might want to go elsewhere. 

You sound angry.

I think, therefore I'm.

17 hours ago, Ibanez said:

I hope so. I seriously do. We shall see. Not this year obviously but... 

You’ll see a difference this season, that difference may not translate to wins right away, but Gonzalez and Rocky will make the Lobos more competitive this season. There will be some close heart breaking loses where it will be obvious things are looking up in Lobo Land. 

9 hours ago, sean327 said:

You’ll see a difference this season, that difference may not translate to wins right away, but Gonzalez and Rocky will make the Lobos more competitive this season. There will be some close heart breaking loses where it will be obvious things are looking up in Lobo Land. 

I had no Idea Long went back to NM. Rocky Long is one of the greatest coaches of all time. He is probably the best coach to come out of Provo. Andy Reid, Lavell and Holmgren are up there too.

BYU do not play NM until Rocky retires. 

I’m pissed BYU didn’t bring him to Provo. 

Maybe you can get a better home attendance than NMS this year.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

37 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Wow, I'm surprised SDSU fans got credit since so many have bailed on this board. Next up. Happiest Fans...

Why so surprised? I made a strong case for SDSU.  Y'all got beef with BYU, Boise's tv deal, a round robin hoops schedule, and Craig Thompson.

23 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Why so surprised? I made a strong case for SDSU.  Y'all got beef with BYU, Boise's tv deal, a round robin hoops schedule, and Craig Thompson.

We do have a lot of targets, it's what separates us from UNLV, Fresno, and Boise. Also a 30 year hole in the top sport is a great way to generate bitterness. 

image.png

On 7/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, sean327 said:

Rocky Long did not have a winning record at UNM (65-69), UNM never won the conference while he was head coach and has never ranked in the AP top 25 under Long or otherwise.  

8 minutes ago, azinco said:

Rocky Long did not have a winning record at UNM (65-69), UNM never won the conference while he was head coach and has never ranked in the AP top 25 under Long or otherwise.  

And yet isn't he their most successful coach? Also wouldn't be surprised if their 2007 team was the best they've ever had. 

Not sure if it was just the difference of recruiting to SD (probably somewhat) but Rocky just got better over time (Look at his time at state, last 5 years was his best). I'll say this, I have no clue how they'll look on offense, but I would be shocked if they arent a top 3/4 defense in the conference within a season or two.

51 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

And yet isn't he their most successful coach? Also wouldn't be surprised if their 2007 team was the best they've ever had. 

Not sure if it was just the difference of recruiting to SD (probably somewhat) but Rocky just got better over time (Look at his time at state, last 5 years was his best). I'll say this, I have no clue how they'll look on offense, but I would be shocked if they arent a top 3/4 defense in the conference within a season or two.

I would imagine it is easier to recruit in CA than in New Mexico where soccer is king and the UNM football stadium is a dump in the middle of the desert.

1 hour ago, azinco said:

Blah, blah, blah. Go phuck a cactus.