Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets

8 minutes ago, pokerider said:

oh darn,  he's losing the argument.  Revert to Liberalism rule 1 - call them a racist/fascist ...   
The only fascism I've been noticing is all coming from the liberal side.  And your trying to be the resident thought police.   

The liberals aren’t in power....  just FYI facism is a form of right wing authoritarian government.  I get you have been brain washed by the chief pig in this animal farm but try to not so obviously exhibit you have fallen for doublespeak.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If these unmarked cars and feds jump out on a person with a concealed carry, it is going to be more than some lawsuits.  

I was thinking the same thing. It can get ugly. I'm still having a really hard time wrapping my head around this.  

16 minutes ago, pokerider said:

oh darn,  he's losing the argument.  Revert to Liberalism rule 1 - call them a racist/fascist ...   
The only fascism I've been noticing is all coming from the liberal side.  And your trying to be the resident thought police.   

So.... are you for or against federal agents in unmarked vans kidnapping people? I’m not a fan.

6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So.... are you for or against federal agents in unmarked vans kidnapping people? I’m not a fan.

He's for it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

14 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

This is the tricky point about absolute statements and sentiments.  All these people rocking the desecrated American flag with the blue stripe become very silent when the blue does something that is pretty egregious.  It's okay to support police and not support some of their actions.  Just like it is okay to support brutality protests and not support inner-city violence and the riots/looting.  But as I hear all the time from all the teams folks, "If you give them an inch..."

17 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Does it matter what he says?  I’m on record saying I’m not OK with it...  got called a fascist for 4 pages.  People are going to think and assume what they want.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Does it matter what he says?  I’m on record saying I’m not OK with it...  got called a fascist for 4 pages.  People are going to think and assume what they want.

I don’t want to assume what he thinks, that’s why I asked. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Hey! I played tennis in college and can also rock a set of Dave Clark's. :foottap:

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I played tennis in college as well, but I can't rock the sunglasses.

But are you LARPing as a tough army dude while occupying an American city?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Trump and the cons are pissed these protests have largely been peaceful.   They dont have any pretext for violent supression.  They need to deploy the jackbooted border patrol thugs to foment a violent response by the protestors.

Posted Image

Can someone explain to me how customs and border patrol agents are even involved in an activity like this?  How is this even close to their mandate?  It is really an outrage that an federal law enforcement agency can be co-opted to this degree whereby they are even used in this kind of capacity.  Those assholes are supposed to be protecting the "porous border" that the Trumpists are constantly bitching about.  How are they going to fulfill that mission if they are serving as Trump's personal gestapo? 

The people calling to abolish ICE a few years ago now sound pretty smart.  This agency is probably best to abolish completely...repeal and replace with something that reflects American values.  They need to do a thorough house cleaning and "de-Trumpification" purge at the very least.  These are the folks in charge of family separations and now they are invading our cities like the Chinese have their secret police in Hong Kong?!? Furthermore these agents have unchecked extra constitutional authority within a 100 mile radius of the border or the coast.  According to the ACLU 2/3 of American Citizens live in this area so this appears to be a big problem we created to give them so much authority:

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

Posted Image