Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU might play SEC teams according to AD

And you can bet the Replay Booth is staffed/loaded with Provostanians...

Nut Punch U getting Curb Stomped will be a DELIGHT to watch!

SEC, ACC and B12 are working on a scheduling alliance, according to SI and The Athletic, and confirmed by the Director of the Peach Bowl.  Each conference would play 1 to 2 OOC games, with particular emphasis on already scheduled games, like LSU-Texas and rivalry games like Clemson-SoCar and Georgia-GT.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 hours ago, robe said:

https://kslsports.com/437947/byu-texas-am-2020-potential/?

BYU is on the SEC’s radar. It looks like we could be playing some of those teams.

LOL!  Somebody told the A&M AD that BYU lost 5 games due to the Covid overreaction, and that somehow means BYU just picked up an SEC schedule?  Yeah, looks pretty clear to me.  Just read the article.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

LOL!  Somebody told the A&M AD that BYU lost 5 games due to the Covid overreaction, and that somehow means BYU just picked up an SEC schedule?  Yeah, looks pretty clear to me.  Just read the article.

He spent about 50% more time talking about fresno state than byu too, although for different reasons. 

4 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

He spent about 50% more time talking about fresno state than byu too, although for different reasons. 

The way I read it, he knows a guy at Fresno but is putting together a coalition to invite BYU to the SEC. :D 

Maybe others see it different. :shrug:

Guest #1Stunner

BYU currently in scheduling discussions with the following schools:

UNLV

Hawaii

Texas Christian

Notre Dame

Liberty

Alabama

19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU currently in scheduling discussions with the following schools:

UNLV

Hawaii

Texas Christian

Notre Dame

Liberty

Alabama

Texas Tech

Appalachian State

University of Idaho

Idaho State

Hays State

Ogden High

Aims Community College

Anybody That Will Answer the Phone Technical School

Dre's Mom

BYU is a great liberal arts university.  They can spell "DESPERATE" as well as any school.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Texas Tech

Appalachian State

University of Idaho

Idaho State

Hays State

Ogden High

Aims Community College

Anybody That Will Answer the Phone Technical School

Dre's Mom

BYU is a great liberal arts university.  They can spell "DESPERATE" as well as any school.

BYU will play a more challenging schedule than Colorado State.  Watch.

Colorado State is the "Desperate" one....the school now on the verge of bankruptcy.   

Colorado State should offer to host neutral site games at the new Rams Stadium.  Could be a source of revenue.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU will play a more challenging schedule than Colorado State.  Watch.  NO.  You will not land a UNM matchup.

Colorado State is the "Desperate" one....the school now on the verge of bankruptcy.   Far from it.

Colorado State should offer to host neutral site games at the new Rams Stadium.  Could be a source of revenue.  We're open to negotiations.  A Wednesday night BYU v UNC game could be a huge hit.  BYU fans will love the New Belgium Porch.

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Fair point.  Colorado State will play Wyoming and New Mexico, which are huge rivals.

A Rams fan ( @The Ghost of Jack Graham ) has been on here warning everyone that CSU is financially struggling.  He claims the Stadium needs to host more events.

I'm in favor of playing North Carolina in Fort Collins.  Not a bad idea.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Fair point.  Colorado will play Wyoming and New Mexico, which are huge rivals.

A Rams fan ( @The Ghost of Jack Graham ) has been on here warning everyone that CSU is financially struggling.  He claims the Stadium needs to host more events.

I'm in favor of playing North Carolina in Fort Collins.  Not a bad idea.

We can do that.  @The Ghost of Jack Graham has no clue what he is talking about, however...we'd welcome North Carolina and BYU with enough notice to ensure proper security.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Headbutt said:

We can do that.  @The Ghost of Jack Graham has no clue what he is talking about, however...we'd welcome North Carolina and BYU with enough notice to ensure proper security.

Would you consider hosting a neutral site BYU vs Wyoming football game at Rams Stadium in Fort Collins?

It'd be epic. 

Wyoming fans would get to experience "the big city", and BYU fans would get to see the State of Colorado again.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Would you consider hosting a neutral site BYU vs Wyoming football game at Rams Stadium in Fort Collins?

It'd be epic. 

Wyoming fans would get to experience "the big city", and BYU fans would get to see the State of Colorado again.

There is a lot to consider with that proposal.  It does cost quite a bit extra to disinfect the stadium after Wyoming visits, and we always end up in the hole for maintenance costs after they raid the bathrooms for repair parts.  They do buy a lot of beer though, and don't seem to either notice or care that we water it down, so there is some plus side on the ledger.  Then there is the cost of putting up the "BYU Wall".  I do believe that is a conference mandate still.  I'd be happy to take the idea to Joe Parker, but his first question is going to be in regards to who will cover security and janitorial.  I'll get back to you.

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

It'd be epic. 

Fort Collins = “the big city”. That’s gold right there!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

There is a lot to consider with that proposal.  It does cost quite a bit extra to disinfect the stadium after Wyoming visits, and we always end up in the hole for maintenance costs after they raid the bathrooms for repair parts.  They do buy a lot of beer though, and don't seem to either notice or care that we water it down, so there is some plus side on the ledger.  Then there is the cost of putting up the "BYU Wall".  I do believe that is a conference mandate still.  I'd be happy to take the idea to Joe Parker, but his first question is going to be in regards to who will cover security and janitorial.  I'll get back to you.

You’ll have to ban piss bombs and all items used in the construction of said bombs if you allow a BYU/Wyo game in your stadium.

In other news, Ball State is looking for 3 open games.  My AD should get on the horn and plug the @ Washington State cancellation.  Where and what is Ball State for token pay host em up?  Is that a MAC thing?  Ugh and oy. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

17 hours ago, RSF said:

SEC, ACC and B12 are working on a scheduling alliance, according to SI and The Athletic, and confirmed by the Director of the Peach Bowl.  Each conference would play 1 to 2 OOC games, with particular emphasis on already scheduled games, like LSU-Texas and rivalry games like Clemson-SoCar and Georgia-GT.

Exclusive or Inclusive?  It matters much.   

Texas A&M for example.  Colorado hosting canceled.  Abilene Christian and North Texas both on deck for Aggy hosting pay days.  As is Fresno State.  I doubt Aggy is gonna dump that to play @ elsewhere XII or SEC unless it has to, which at this point it does not.  Filling the Colorado hole is one thing; dumping the 3 other OOC games at Kyle Field is quite another. 

To boot, if Fresno decides not to travel to Aggydom, Rice will do it for like travel fees and $500.  As long as Texas A&M hosts up and wins..that's the mantra.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png