Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senator Tuberville ????????????????????????

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Unclear.  Which is why I asked.  And I didn't see you being unbiased, which is why I posted in the first place

So, I'll try to be clear.  I don't see Tuberville as a bad candidate because his resume is just college football coach.  I don't know his politics, so I'm not in his camp or opposed to him.  I don't see Cuban as a bad candidate because his resume is building wealth and owning an NBA team.  I have heard Cuban's politics, and I'm not a fan, but that's an aside.  I don't think we can measure a candidate on their previous job.  I'm a no on Cuban.  I'm indifferent on Tuberville.  I'm opposed to judging Tuberville as a no and judging Cuban as a yes just based on their previous endeavors.

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

If you're left of Cuban, we'll just call this an irreconcilable conversation.  Not personal at all, just that we're not going to find a middle ground

Isn’t Cuban a libertarian? And I wasn’t being a smart ass, I legitimately hadn’t heard of some push from the left for a NBA owner to run. 

12 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I don't have a problem with Tubs running for Senate...he's a better man than Roy Moore.

Which isn't exactly saying much.

Although possible criminal charges were dropped against Tuberville for a business relationship in which his partner bilked investors out of something like $2M, that sure suggests questionable judgment. He did beat Bama silly while at Auburn but lucked out in that those were some of the worst teams in Tide history. Most of all I dislike him for his politics. Among other things the guy supports prayer in public schools, building Trump's "big beautiful" wall and elimination of the Affordable Care Act at a time when it's most needed.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Which isn't exactly saying much.

Although possible criminal charges were dropped against Tuberville for a business relationship in which his partner bilked investors out of something like $2M, that sure suggests questionable judgment. He did beat Bama silly while at Auburn but lucked out in that those were some of the worst teams in Tide history. Most of all I dislike him for his politics. Among other things the guy supports prayer in public schools, building Trump's "big beautiful" wall and elimination of the Affordable Care Act at a time when it's most needed.

he's a typical 'I'll say whatever is popular with my base' type...

I really like Doug Jones...prosecuted the KKK and Monsanto as United States Attorney, pro-choice, LGBT friendly (his son is gay), voted to Impeach Trump, opposes the repeal of the ACA.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Isn’t Cuban a libertarian?

For the most part, yes.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Count the red flags.....

While coaching at Texas Tech, Tuberville walked out in the middle of a dinner in Lubbock with several recruits and assistants, and never returned....to take the head coaching job...at Cincinnati.

"The waitress brought our food out, and we thought (Tuberville) went to the bathroom, but he never came back to dinner," (Juco OL Devonte) Danzey said. "Then next thing I know, the next day, he made an announcement that he's going to Cincinnati."

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

52 minutes ago, RSF said:

Count the red flags.....

While coaching at Texas Tech, Tuberville walked out in the middle of a dinner in Lubbock with several recruits and assistants, and never returned....to take the head coaching job...at Cincinnati.

"The waitress brought our food out, and we thought (Tuberville) went to the bathroom, but he never came back to dinner," (Juco OL Devonte) Danzey said. "Then next thing I know, the next day, he made an announcement that he's going to Cincinnati."

When is Patterson going to buy the right size pants and belt?