Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senator Tuberville ????????????????????????

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/sessions-pays-the-price-for-incurring-trump-s-wrath-losing-alabama-senate-race/ar-BB16JY4E?ocid=msedgdhp

Tommy Tuberville defeated Jeff Sessions in the Alabama primary for US senate.

Tuberville was a former coach in the SEC and AAC and was fired from his last job. Now it looks as if he will be the next senator from Alabama.  As bad as he was as a coach I was expecting him to be the next HC at UNLV.

Now it looks as if a reject from the SEC and AAC is good enough to be in the US senate.  How F Up can this country get?

We have had wrestlers and bodybuilders for governors, actors and reality stars for president and stand up comics as the most reliable sources of news.  So how are we surprised that in a region where college football is king, a coach is popular enough to win an election?  Especially with Sessions as an opponent.

When Clifton Robinson, the short but quick receiver from Naples, Florida, returned to the Auburn University football team in August 1999 after pleading guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor to avoid going to trial after being charged with the second-degree rape of a 15-year-old girl, first-year head coach Tommy Tuberville pledged to figure out the right punishment for him.

"Clifton is back on the team," Tuberville said. "He and I will sit down today, and I'll tell him that we do things right around here, so he can expect there will be some punishment. What it is, I don't know yet."

That punishment ended up being a mere one-game suspension from the team's Sept. 4 season opener against Appalachian State. Auburn won 22-15.

Lemme guess, Tuberville is now running on "Law and Order" too...

Tubes Tied re coaching success is also former HC of Texas Tech.  Abstain re his HC gig at Conference Mate Cincy. 

Sidebar pls.  What is it about being the HC at Texas Tech and its doom and gloom? The Pirate locked up Adam James in a shed.  I really dig Kwiff Kwingsbury (former QB coach at UH developing well the wonderful Case Keenum) but he got run out of Lubbock. 

Texas Tech is all about the Dykes legacy..starting with Spike.  However, Sonny Dikes is taking SMU to a new level lately...no Tech.

r/UTAustin - TX Tech

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

13 hours ago, 1066 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/sessions-pays-the-price-for-incurring-trump-s-wrath-losing-alabama-senate-race/ar-BB16JY4E?ocid=msedgdhp

Tommy Tuberville defeated Jeff Sessions in the Alabama primary for US senate.

Tuberville was a former coach in the SEC and AAC and was fired from his last job. Now it looks as if he will be the next senator from Alabama.  As bad as he was as a coach I was expecting him to be the next HC at UNLV.

Now it looks as if a reject from the SEC and AAC is good enough to be in the US senate.  How F Up can this country get?

He was a host of a local sports talk show in the morning down here about two years ago...it sucked and got cancelled after a few months. Now he's the republican nominee for Senate in Alabama.....LMAO.

11 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Tuberville is the greatest coach ever.  He'll be an even better representative for the State of Alabama.

Depends on how much he wants/willing to carry the party line when it comes to ‘getting our country back, and defending our heritage’. 

Ill leave interpretation of that line to you’ll as to what exactly that means... and if Tuberville is the kind of guy that will do that down in the heart of the south (where it will be expected of him).

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Depends on how much he wants/willing to carry the party line when it comes to ‘getting our country back, and defending our heritage’. 

Ill leave interpretation of that line to you’ll as to what exactly that means... and if Tuberville is the kind of guy that will do that down in the heart of the south (where it will be expected of him).

I hope you watched the video to get the full meaning of my post.

14 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

We have had wrestlers and bodybuilders for governors, actors and reality stars for president and stand up comics as the most reliable sources of news.  So how are we surprised that in a region where college football is king, a coach is popular enough to win an election?  Especially with Sessions as an opponent.

To be fair, Ronald Reagan also served as governor of California on his way to becoming president so he had some prior experience in politics.

Interesting that so many on the left wanted an NBA owner to run for prez, but question a college football coach for congress.

Is this identity politics?  I can't keep up.

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Interesting that so many on the left wanted an NBA owner to run for prez, but question a college football coach for congress.

People on the left wanted an NBA owner to run for president? Which one? Jordan?

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I don't have a problem with Tubs running for Senate...he's a better man than Roy Moore.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

People on the left wanted an NBA owner to run for president? Which one? Jordan?

If you're left of Cuban, we'll just call this an irreconcilable conversation.  Not personal at all, just that we're not going to find a middle ground

26 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

This may be the worst logic I have ever seen.  He owns an NBA team because he is a self-made businessman that can have the wealth to OWN an NBA team. 

And then there is the coach of Auburn.

Seriously, this might the worst try of an argument in the history of this board.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This may be the worst logic I have ever seen.  He owns an NBA team because he is a self-made businessman that can have the wealth to OWN an NBA team. 

And then there is the coach of Auburn.

Seriously, this might the worst try of an argument in the history of this board.

He's rich.  That makes him great?  That right there would be the end of any anti-Trump discussion.  I like the guy.  I saw a few interviews and didn't like his position.  The point is, I'll judge them on their potential as a politician.  I don't think you can discount Tuberville because he's an ex-coach.  I don't know his politics, but I think it's overly simplistic to discount him as a statesman merely because of his previous vocation while supporting Cuban for his.  Give the guy a shot based on what he brings to the table as a statesman, not his previous job.  If creating wealth were the measure, folks would quit bitching about Trump.

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

He's rich.  That makes him great?  That right there would be the end of any anti-Trump discussion.  I like the guy.  I saw a few interviews and didn't like his position.  The point is, I'll judge them on their potential as a politician.  I don't think you can discount Tuberville because he's an ex-coach.  I don't know his politics, but I think it's overly simplistic to discount him as a statesman merely because of his previous vocation while supporting Cuban for his.  Give the guy a shot based on what he brings to the table as a statesman, not his previous job.  If creating wealth were the measure, folks would quit bitching about Trump.

You get that you brought up Cuban?  

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

You get that you brought up Cuban?  

Yeah, my point was  pretty clear I thought.  How do you diss a coach, while supporting an owner?  Neither job makes them a candidate.  It's a whole different world.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, my point was  pretty clear I thought.  How do you diss a coach, while supporting an owner?  Neither job makes them a candidate.  It's a whole different world.

Unclear.  Which is why I asked.  And I didn't see you being unbiased, which is why I posted in the first place