Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapdad

Bronco (not Boise State related)

26 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I've got a two door version....I need a four door now. And you can't NOT offer four door in this day and age. 

As a purist that's where it ends. Jeeps and two door Broncos are the OG....anything else is pandering to soccer mom types who still want to look cool in a Jeep /Bronco. Sell outs. Might as well buy a mini-hummer. 

16 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

What’s the price tag? Sitting on an F150 chassis.... maybe $60k? $70k? More?

Base model starts at $29k. The First Edition, which is the name of their top package, goes for $58k and is already sold out through reservations. The four door sits on the new Ranger chassis....I'd imagine the 2 door is a modified version of the same. 

15 minutes ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Thank you, I meant the FJ not CJ

I mean.....they both have the engine up front, doors on the sides, fenders and a grill, so I guess. B)

The new Bronco clearly has the same lines as the early Bronco and removable top and doors, which is what I think doomed the FJ. I think they did a decent job with the FJ, but Ford knocked it out of the park with the Bronco, IMO. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

The EcoBoost engines from Ford are badass. We bought a new family car a few weeks ago and we almost bought a 2019 Expedition with the 3.5L V-6 ecoboost and, +++++, that thing moved. I could not believe it. I loved everything about that vehicle, but my wife didn't like how big it is and we ended up getting a 2020 Chevy Traverse RS. Total soccer mom vehicle. 

Also drove an Explorer with the big 4-cylinder Eco Boost and came away equally impressed. So much power and torque from such a little engine. I'm assuming the big 4 cylinders will go into the Broncos.

The EcoBoost engines are, indeed, badass. Even the Ford GT got a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 with 650 HP, which is nuts. The Bronco will get the 2.7L V6 twin turbo with 310 HP. 

15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m already planning all my strategies and tactics to fight my wife over this beautiful piece of machinery. 

Lucky for you I've heard the Subaru Outback holds its resale value very well. You could have a nice chunk of change to go toward the Bronco: sticker ridden and sitting in your driveway. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner

So, it looks like the new Bronco will be about the same size as a Jeep Wrangler?   2 door and 4 door versions.

I think Ford has a better engine lineup than Jeep.   The 2.7 V6 and 3.5 V6 are both solid engines, and produce a lot of power.

Ford will have a more comfortable suspension than Jeep, but will not be as capable off-road (independent front suspension vs. solid front axle).

It will be interesting to see how FCA (Chrysler responds).   They have already announced that they are putting a 6.2 V8 in the Wrangler.  

FCA is also in the process of developing a 3.0 turbocharged inline six. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

Lucky for you I've heard the Subaru Outback holds its resale value very well. You could have a nice chunk of change to go toward the Bronco sticker ridden and sitting in your driveway. 

Since you’d never drive a vehicle named “Bronco,” perhaps you’d feel more comfortable if @#1Stunner sold you his Mercury Cougar:

Car-101188478-805036caf413526c3c5602b107 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Since you’d never drive a vehicle named “Bronco,” perhaps you’d feel more comfortable if @#1Stunner sold you his Mercury Cougar:

Yer mom is the only Cougar you'll ever see me riding everyday. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

^^^ 

Correct make and model.... but wrong year.

e6bb9574b15986de78a9b2c541cc4aa8.jpg

Looks like a Land Rover with a thyroid condition.

SUV design is completely played out.

Everything looks like everything else.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

45 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

My uncle's 67. 

FB_IMG_1594750316728.jpg.c12f11882caef988b2259da738fb9d48.jpg

I love the old school dish mag wheels and the Baja door inserts. I’m on the fence on that crazy roll bar mod though. :D

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

a new Matador,
a new mastadon,
a Maverick,
a Mustang,
a Montego,
a Merc Montclair,
a Mark IV,
a meteor,
a Mercedes,
an MG,
or a Malibu,