Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapdad

Bronco (not Boise State related)

It has been years (2005? Maybe before that) since Ford first hinted at relaunching the Bronco, but today was the day they officially launched it. I've owned several Broncos over the years and still own a 1969 that my dad bought new.....even had a full sized for a short time.....and lamented the existence of the Bronco II.....but I like what I saw from the launch video they released a few minutes ago. Removable top and doors and the iconic early Bronco body lines are awesome, but the single best thing they did was to put it in the hands of some of the aftermarket companies and worked with them over the past two years so that they could have accessories available when the first ones roll off the showroom. The aftermarket parts available for the Jeep is one of the things that makes it so popular, so that was a good move. The only questionable move, IMO, is using front IFS instead of a solid axle. It gains flexibilty/articulation, but at the expense of strength. 

Bronco video.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

My agency is putting together the brand book for it. It is cool as shit.

My dick won’t be going down tonight!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It’s going to look great with the car seat in back going 35 in the fast lane! 

I’m already planning all my strategies and tactics to fight my wife over this beautiful piece of machinery. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I may trade in my current SUV so I can have bookend Broncos in the garage. 

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I wish my Jeep had IFS. Death wobble is no fun.

There are definite trade-offs with IFS and that’s the big one. IFS is tougher (more expensive) to lift, but when you do, you improve clearance. Ford went for the Raptor style of off road (speed), but also offer a creeper gear. I think they nailed it really. 

3 minutes ago, 406bleedsblue said:

Ok, get ready with the face palms and idiot buttons but I don't like it at all. In the videos it looks too similar to the CJ.

It looks just like the early Bronco and not like a CJ at all. Looking for my facepalm! 
C6A923E8-BB1A-4236-9023-B57D316257B8.jpeg.0ff2a15103e08f7484a7a30cb34a0775.jpegB2364435-A53B-4494-9F6D-D9A5E8D93BA8.jpeg.4635414ccf29e4042107dbb1202bec51.jpeg7DEE1335-7A26-4AD9-AA08-9EE9C29C2AEF.jpeg.c76ca4b8371020a65ff1f43abf22bf34.jpeg

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

2011_Toyota_FJ_Cruiser_(GSJ15R)_wagon_(2

I was thinking it looks a lot like the Toyota FJ as well. I like them both though.

The FJ isn’t a bad retro nod either, but they should have made the top removable. I love that the top and doors come off of the Bronco...and I think the open roll bar top is very cool. 

Maxlider, who is one of the top builders of early Broncos, has already geared up for building new Broncos. Here’s their first: 

F3847748-14E3-46A2-BDE8-1F66AC9C6AA7.jpeg.a6f9183259cf90a55555f147938d426a.jpeg

I just noticed that the Bronco above appears to have a solid axle in front and some coils peeking out. 

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m already planning all my strategies and tactics to fight my wife over this beautiful piece of machinery. 

God’s speed my friend.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I wish my Jeep had IFS. Death wobble is no fun.

Thank you. I've changed out multiple parts on the front end...seems to be okay for a while ...... then WHAM at about 50mph the front end starts shaking like a mo-fo. Have to either speed up quickly or slow down quickly to correct it..depending on where I'm driving. Love my Jeep  but wish there was a fix for it....

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

The FJ isn’t a bad retro nod either, but they should have made the top removable. I love that the top and doors come off of the Bronco...and I think the open roll bar top is very cool. 

Maxlider, who is one of the top builders of early Broncos, has already geared up for building new Broncos. Here’s their first: 

F3847748-14E3-46A2-BDE8-1F66AC9C6AA7.jpeg.a6f9183259cf90a55555f147938d426a.jpeg

I just noticed that the Bronco above appears to have a solid axle in front and some coils peeking out. 

Anything with four doors is suburban. 

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Anything with four doors is suburban. 

I've got a two door version....I need a four door now. And you can't NOT offer four door in this day and age.