Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

When is it announced the 2020 season is cancelled? Votr!

2020 season  

75 members have voted

1. 1. When is it announced the 2020 season will not be played?

• End of July
    • First week in August
    • Second week in August.
    • Third week in August.
    • Cancelled at some point during the season.
    • Some sort of a "full" season is played. conference only, etc.

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I still think there will be a season - just no fans.

And probably something like conference in the fall - non-conference and bowls in the spring?

I'm not ready to give up hope.

Added a few more options.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think it is time to accept there will be no football in 2020.  People are not doing what they should be doing, and football fans, players and coaches will suffer.

The players aren’t doing much better than the public. Going from 4 to 20 positive cases two weeks after arriving on campus tells me they aren’t being home bodies. Once fall practice starts watch the positive cases balloon resulting in the season being called off. 

7 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

I think they will keep trying to get creative regarding plans for a modified Fall season, but come mid-August the season gets pushed to spring or axed all together. 

I just don't see how we can have a fall season at this point.  If it gets axed all together us little programs are going to be in a world of hurt.

Hoping for a spring season.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

That is one depressing article.  And unfortunately i agree with the conclusion. 

Very depressing and fatalistic.  I'm an optimist.  Still holding out hope for something resembling ball this fall.  Sadly I think it's going to come down to the lawyers and the governors.

35 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Watch the P5 teams cancel and the G5 teams play. If UCF wins they can hang up another fake championship banner.

Actually I changed my mind. The G5 teams showed up. If the G5 teams play a season and then go to the playoff and win it, that shit counts.

The Mountain States and Hawaii doing well against corona (for obvious reasons), but if the season comes down to attrition and teams end up starting to forfeit because of breakouts, those schools could be the last ones left standing...

2 hours ago, roughrider said:

Of course there is.  This country is all about money.  First and foremost and always.  The billionaires in power think there's far too many of us anyway so...

Tell that to the families that have zero bank account and have to go to work to feed their families and pay their bills. 

The P5 schools are going to feel the hurt as much or more than the G5 schools. They are used to the big budgets fueled by TV revenue. Many of them are also still paying off the bonds on huge athletic complexes.

What happens to the athletes? Is there enough money to fund scholarships or do many go home and wait for next year. What happens with recruiting if seniors are allowed by the NCAA to return next year as most certainly will happen. Will bigger squads be allowed next year? 

The people I feel least sorry for are the head coaches who make exorbitant salaries. Most will probably welcome the year off unless they’ve bought into an extravagant life style. The low rung assistant coaches are another matter. Some may need to take a different job for a year. 

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Watch the P5 teams cancel and the G5 teams play. If UCF wins they can hang up another fake championship banner.

Actually I changed my mind. The G5 teams showed up. If the G5 teams play a season and then go to the playoff and win it, that shit counts.

Hell yeah!  And we do not need to split that playoff revenue with them!

As much as this gives me a boner to think about, I do not know how it happens.  

36 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I just feel like some teams on the G5 and Indy ranks can't afford not to play. Hawaii scheduled Robert Morris to fill in for the Fordham game today so that gives me hope the MWC is still planning on kicking off in the fall.

Just can not fathom how it will work out logistically.  

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I just don't see how we can have a fall season at this point.  If it gets axed all together us little programs are going to be in a world of hurt.

Hoping for a spring season.

Me either. They’ll float whatever ideas they can to try and make the peg fit, but I don’t think there are any solutions because the logistics are a nightmare.