Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

we really need sports back...

the natives are getting kinda restless around these parts.

https://wreg.com/news/argument-over-memphis-basketball-coach-leads-to-shooting-attempted-murder-charges-being-filed/

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A fight between cousins regarding University of Memphis basketball coach Penny Hardaway led to a physical altercation and attempted murder charges being filed against a Mid-South man.

The victim told police that he was inside the home when he got into a fight with his cousin over whether or not Hardaway was a good coach. The verbal altercation escalated and that’s when Tyrone Taylor allegedly punched the man in the face before pulling out a gun and firing.

giphy.gif

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

My lord. Very classy. Were they alums?

based on the Orange Mound address I doubt it...not many college grads there.

Orange Mound has a rich history though, after the Civil War scores upon scores of freed slaves lived in a camp just outside Memphis. It became a black owned and run area with small but well kept homes.

image.ashx?domain=www.commercialappeal.c

w63ap32dh0r41.jpg

it's become blighted and poverty struck these days.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Memphis taking a page outta Baylor hoops back in the day.  Memphis to XII.  Lols, however there has to be a dead body in XII Hoops re Baylor and then you have a strong shot of winning it all.  Gangsta style in milk toast Waco. 

image.jpeg.9fd1d9cd4b7d19197617d0ba43dca246.jpegimage.jpeg.1dfd8e319900974f58a109c9f07254c0.jpeg   

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

based on the Orange Mound address I doubt it...not many college grads there.

Orange Mound has a rich history though, after the Civil War scores upon scores of freed slaves lived in a camp just outside Memphis. It became a black owned and run area with small but well kept homes.

image.ashx?domain=www.commercialappeal.c

w63ap32dh0r41.jpg

it's become blighted and poverty struck these days.

How do you feel about Penny? I was really on the fence about the hire. He is a good recruiter, but not on Tubby's level on x and o's.

Penny relies on having overwhelming talent and that's fine (hell, it's Cal's strategy) but last season was FUBAR because of the NCAA and COVID so I'm still not sure.

I do like that he got his former teammate, Tony Madlock as Assoc HC since he's been an Asst Coach at UTEP, Auburn, and Ole Miss before coming home to Memphis. Tony knows the X's and O's of college basketball so that part I'm not too worried about.

I'm interested to see how Penny does recruiting without Mike Miller around. Rumors are we're about to land Moussa Cisse to fill out our 2020 recruiting.

https://247sports.com/Player/Moussa-Cisse-46056433/

mem skyline sig.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Oh wow. Piggy Wiggly. I miss the southern stuff like Food City, Bi-Lo, Krystal's, Hardee's, Bojangles.

I like the Pilot gas stations. You can fuel up, enjoy subway/cinnabon, get a strong cup of coffee, and even take a shower lol

cinnabon.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&qua

truck-stop-shower.png?anchor=center&mode

cause...you know, everyone wants to get 20 bucks of premium and a shower.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They are the Chik-fil-a of grocers.  They will be in your town and in your head before you know it.  

I wouldn't say that, mostly because I like Publix and I don't like Chick-fil-A. Publix subs are damn tasty, and their groceries are top notch as well. I just wish that we had one closer than 20 minutes away from my house. The other grocery store that we just started getting out here that I REALLY like is Wegmans. 

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

I wouldn't say that, mostly because I like Publix and I don't like Chick-fil-A. Publix subs are damn tasty, and their groceries are top notch as well. I just wish that we had one closer than 20 minutes away from my house. The other grocery store that we just started getting out here that I REALLY like is Wegmans. 

I wish they would come to Memphis as Kroger, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market rule the Memphis market along with Save-a-Lot in the 'meh' part of town

Germantown got a Trader Joe's and I love it!

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 7/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, UofMTigers said:

I like the Pilot gas stations. You can fuel up, enjoy subway/cinnabon, get a strong cup of coffee, and even take a shower lol

cinnabon.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&qua

truck-stop-shower.png?anchor=center&mode

cause...you know, everyone wants to get 20 bucks of premium and a shower.

Are you keeping a secret from us? Like....you're a Boise trucking driving school grad...I mean, you have all the Intel. 

6 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Are you keeping a secret from us? Like....you're a Boise trucking driving school grad...I mean, you have all the Intel. 

Nah, I never got the hero vibe from him.

God bless our truckers!  Go Broncos!

45 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I wish they would come to Memphis as Kroger, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market rule the Memphis market along with Save-a-Lot in the 'meh' part of town

Germantown got a Trader Joe's and I love it!

Everybody I know likes TJ's; I just think it's meh.

Do you have a Spouts?