Jump to content
halfmanhalfbronco

Mother shot in head for not being properly woke. Killed.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

A bunch of young people out in the middle of the night, with guns, in an area in which three other murders have taking place recently. This is what happens in the US. People shoot and kill each other. Shocking. 

Three other murders?  Makes sense why the couple taking a walk in their own neighborhood decided they should be armed.

You and Akkula seem hesitant to address the underlying issue and want to say "this is what happens when you have guns"

Pretty sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I also think trying to paint this is as somehow being connected to BLM as a movement is silly and pointless.  Screaming things other fellow 3am intoxicated gun toters may find offensive may be hazardous to your health.  These are not the most sympathetic victims for the "both sides" narrative they are trying to put out there.  

 

Good thing nobody as of yet has done that in this thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

welcome to America.

I think this murder deserves more insight than something so dismissive as it is a symptom of a very real problem.

People are running over protesters in their cars.  Protesters shot ambushed and shot a woman in the head in her own neighborhood

Things are not ok.  The fact this murder that happened over the 4th has not yet made a major US News headline is staggering.  It had to be picked up by media in the UK.

Things are wrong.  I blame the man we elected to hold the office of the POTUS.  I blame the media.  I blame congress.  I blame us.

Why is this murder being ignored?  I think that is a very fair and scary question..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s unbelievable how callous some people have become about life. Others whose lives they take and their own that they don’t seem to give a shit about the consequences. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s unbelievable how callous some people have become about life. Others whose lives they take and their own that they don’t seem to give a shit about the consequences. 

Mob mentality imo...the more “civilized “ we get the worse it gets.  The world is a scary place because of this mentality.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wyoguns said:

Mob mentality imo...the more “civilized “ we get the worse it gets.  The world is a scary place because of this mentality.

Yeah, you hope you don’t end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure every jackass needs to be armed - there's a lot of morons who can't handle a gun with any thought of safety 

Maybe gun safety courses should be required even before background checks - These recent incidents show some clowns should probably not be armed :shrug:

A woman was shot in the leg when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot of a water park in the Fond du Lac area.

County Sheriff’s deputies say the gun was in her purse, and it got wet. They report the 32-year-old woman was trying to dry it off, outside Fondy Sports Aqua Park 

https://www.whby.com/2020/07/07/102764/#

 

In an incident straight out of the comedy “Caddyshack,” a 50-year-old man was trying to shoot a woodchuck on his property in Lomira, Wis., this week when the round missed, ricocheted off some trees and struck an 80-year-old man playing golf at nearby The Golf Club at Camelot, according to Dodge County Sheriff Dale Schmidt, which was reported by several outlets in Wisconsin. 

The golfer, from nearby Fond du Lac, was struck in the upper torso, then treated at a local hospital and released

https://golf.com/news/caddyshack-shooting-incident-wisconsin-golf-course/

 

Paul Favret, the CEO of Resource Energy, an oil & natural gas company, allegedly brandished a firearm at 26-year-old Chris Ochoa and his girlfriend when the young couple accidentally drove into a wealthy neighborhood in Sedalia, Colorado, roughly 30 miles south of Denver.

Ochoa and his girlfriend were driving a rental car to a friend's wedding rehearsal when the Apple Maps led them to Favret's driveway in an area named the Elk Ridge Estates.

Not seeing any other cars around, Ochoa backed his vehicle out of the driveway and then contacted their friends to help navigate them to the rehearsal. Unbeknownst to the driving couple, however, pulling into the driveway triggered an alarm that alerted Favret to the car in front of his home.

Favret jumped into his truck and then chased the couple down. Ochoa says that his girlfriend managed to call 911 despite the couple keeping their hands up. Ochoa later told officers with the Douglas County Sheriff's Department that he and his girlfriend remained as still as possible, believing that Favret's rage could compel him to shoot the couple at any moment.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/07/10/police-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-at-doctors-office-in-independence-township-gun-thrown-in-lake/

 

A game of “cops and robbers” turned deadly Wednesday morning when a 13-year-old boy allegedly pulled a loaded gun from a living-room couch and shot his younger brother in the head in their Waynesboro home.

The defendant, Brayden Leroy Wright, is charged as an adult with criminal homicide and aggravated assault in the death of his 9-year-old brother, according to court records. The teen is in Franklin County Jail, denied bail. 

The brothers were hanging out in the living room of their Cleveland Avenue home early Wednesday when Wright decided he wanted to play "cops and robbers," according to the affidavit of probable cause. 

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-ceo-pulls-gun-couple-accidentally-turning-his-driveway-1516819

A 65-year-old man accidentally shot himself during a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday, police say.

The Pontiac resident reportedly found a gun outside of his residence and put it in his pocket before his appointment with the McLaren Medical Group in Independence Township.

Police say the man reached into his pocket while in the exam room and the gun discharged, grazing his backside and resulting in a minor injury.

Police responded to the firearm discharge at about 3:10 p.m. and the man had already left the facility, refusing treatment from medical staff after the incident.

Police say during an interview the man reported giving the gun to his brother, who said the gun was thrown in a nearby lake.

 

https://www.publicopiniononline.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/09/waynesboro-shooting-teen-pulls-loaded-gun-couch-kills-brother/3287111001/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think this murder deserves more insight than something so dismissive as it is a symptom of a very real problem.

People are running over protesters in their cars.  Protesters shot ambushed and shot a woman in the head in her own neighborhood

Things are not ok.  The fact this murder that happened over the 4th has not yet made a major US News headline is staggering.  It had to be picked up by media in the UK.

Things are wrong.  I blame the man we elected to hold the office of the POTUS.  I blame the media.  I blame congress.  I blame us.

Why is this murder being ignored?  I think that is a very fair and scary question..

We're a violent culture by nature and a sick culture (both literally and figuratively) by current circumstance and we have ticking time bombs everywhere. I don't know how important this particular murder is in the grand scheme of things. I don't even really want to watch it to find out. I just know it's just another day in America. ... The kids are not alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Three other murders?  Makes sense why the couple taking a walk in their own neighborhood decided they should be armed.

You and Akkula seem hesitant to address the underlying issue and want to say "this is what happens when you have guns"

Pretty sad. 

Address what underlying issue? That stupid young people are carrying guns? That young people do stupid things? That there are a lot of dumb people on this planet? Why are several people being killed in that area? Drugs? Gangs? Poverty? All of the above? I read the article and there isn’t much information there.

And I hate to break it to you, but if neither party were in possession of guns, no one would have been shot. That is fact. I’m not a “take peoples guns type.” I’m more of a have all the guns you want but keep them in your own house type.

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

We're a violent culture by nature and a sick culture (both literally and figuratively) by current circumstance and we have ticking time bombs everywhere. I don't know how important this particular murder is in the grand scheme of things. I don't even really want to watch it to find out. I just know it's just another day in America. ... The kids are not alright.

If you scan the news from around the country, there's gun incidents of all types...........from provoked, to accidental, to drunks, to suicide........it's a non stop parade of firearms incidents and this pandemic sure isn't helping as some are on edge, some are mentally fragile & any slight is seen as a call to arms 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Mob mentality imo...the more “civilized “ we get the worse it gets.  The world is a scary place because of this mentality.

America is more safe today than it was for many decades, no? I’ve read FBI stats that says violent crime is way down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, you hope you don’t end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

This. A story broke yesterday in this area about a doctor being shot in Downieville, CA. It’s a famous mnt. bike destination near Lakes Basin and Sierra Buttes between Reno and Chico. Anyway, he and his 15 year old son were out in his Jeep and got lost so they ask a guy on an ATV for directions. Turns out the guy is deranged and opens fire on the doctor killing him. The kid ran into the forest and luckily he was able to call his mom who alerted the authorities. The kid spent a day or so hiding until they found him. They caught the guy who shot the doctor and he apparently shot others as well, but they didn’t die.

I basically spent every summer growing up in that area and this is the sort of thing that freaks me out. You’re out with your kid in the middle of the day and someone can end your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

America is more safe today than it was for many decades, no? I’ve read FBI stats that says violent crime is way down. 

Go back to the prohibition era & wild all out gun battles were not that rare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again, we are not here to discuss your racist views on guns.  You can discuss those in the BLM 2A thread.

What's this discussion about? Several folks had guns and decided to use them.

Maybe they'll catch the shooter :shrug:

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

 

Nothing in that article that was not in the other.  

 

The video and the articles do not full support your assumption that she was killed simply because she wasn't woke enough.  

In any case, a senseless tragedy. Nothing she could have said is justification for what happened to her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Three other murders?  Makes sense why the couple taking a walk in their own neighborhood decided they should be armed.

You and Akkula seem hesitant to address the underlying issue and want to say "this is what happens when you have guns"

Pretty sad. 

Is that a false statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, everybody should be armed.  Guns were used in self defense 2.5 million times last year.  

This was murder, no doubt.  She probably would have taken a bat to the skull if there were no guns.  That is aside from the point.  We are not here to discuss your racist and trans-phobic  view on guns.

A mom was shot in the head, for getting into an argument that stemmed from shouting all lives matter.  

Another article just published., but still, you would think this story would be picked up by major US outlets.  Nothing yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8515507/Young-mother-24-shot-dead-fianc-saying-lives-matter.html

Not wanting to get into a 2a discussion but where did you get the 2.5 million number from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing good happens after midnight if you're on the streets... And when I was in my party years. ..it was true then. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Nothing good happens after midnight if you're on the streets... And when I was in my party years. ..it was true then. 

The danger hours. 😂 An old coach of mine used to say, “nothing good ever happens after 12pm.”

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure every jackass needs to be armed - there's a lot of morons who can't handle a gun with any thought of safety 

Maybe gun safety courses should be required even before background checks - These recent incidents show some clowns should probably not be armed :shrug:

A woman was shot in the leg when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot of a water park in the Fond du Lac area.

County Sheriff’s deputies say the gun was in her purse, and it got wet. They report the 32-year-old woman was trying to dry it off, outside Fondy Sports Aqua Park 

https://www.whby.com/2020/07/07/102764/#

 

In an incident straight out of the comedy “Caddyshack,” a 50-year-old man was trying to shoot a woodchuck on his property in Lomira, Wis., this week when the round missed, ricocheted off some trees and struck an 80-year-old man playing golf at nearby The Golf Club at Camelot, according to Dodge County Sheriff Dale Schmidt, which was reported by several outlets in Wisconsin. 

The golfer, from nearby Fond du Lac, was struck in the upper torso, then treated at a local hospital and released

https://golf.com/news/caddyshack-shooting-incident-wisconsin-golf-course/

 

Paul Favret, the CEO of Resource Energy, an oil & natural gas company, allegedly brandished a firearm at 26-year-old Chris Ochoa and his girlfriend when the young couple accidentally drove into a wealthy neighborhood in Sedalia, Colorado, roughly 30 miles south of Denver.

Ochoa and his girlfriend were driving a rental car to a friend's wedding rehearsal when the Apple Maps led them to Favret's driveway in an area named the Elk Ridge Estates.

Not seeing any other cars around, Ochoa backed his vehicle out of the driveway and then contacted their friends to help navigate them to the rehearsal. Unbeknownst to the driving couple, however, pulling into the driveway triggered an alarm that alerted Favret to the car in front of his home.

Favret jumped into his truck and then chased the couple down. Ochoa says that his girlfriend managed to call 911 despite the couple keeping their hands up. Ochoa later told officers with the Douglas County Sheriff's Department that he and his girlfriend remained as still as possible, believing that Favret's rage could compel him to shoot the couple at any moment.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/07/10/police-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-at-doctors-office-in-independence-township-gun-thrown-in-lake/

 

A game of “cops and robbers” turned deadly Wednesday morning when a 13-year-old boy allegedly pulled a loaded gun from a living-room couch and shot his younger brother in the head in their Waynesboro home.

The defendant, Brayden Leroy Wright, is charged as an adult with criminal homicide and aggravated assault in the death of his 9-year-old brother, according to court records. The teen is in Franklin County Jail, denied bail. 

The brothers were hanging out in the living room of their Cleveland Avenue home early Wednesday when Wright decided he wanted to play "cops and robbers," according to the affidavit of probable cause. 

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-ceo-pulls-gun-couple-accidentally-turning-his-driveway-1516819

A 65-year-old man accidentally shot himself during a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday, police say.

The Pontiac resident reportedly found a gun outside of his residence and put it in his pocket before his appointment with the McLaren Medical Group in Independence Township.

Police say the man reached into his pocket while in the exam room and the gun discharged, grazing his backside and resulting in a minor injury.

Police responded to the firearm discharge at about 3:10 p.m. and the man had already left the facility, refusing treatment from medical staff after the incident.

Police say during an interview the man reported giving the gun to his brother, who said the gun was thrown in a nearby lake.

 

https://www.publicopiniononline.com/story/news/crime/2020/07/09/waynesboro-shooting-teen-pulls-loaded-gun-couch-kills-brother/3287111001/

 

 

Shall we talk about all the dumb things people do with alcohol? I’m sure that list will far exceed yours. Probably time for me to start a new ban alcohol thread. 

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×