Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Mother shot in head for not being properly woke. Killed.

13 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Shall we talk about all the dumb things people do with alcohol? I’m sure that list will far exceed yours. Probably time for me to start a new ban alcohol thread. 

you shut your whore mouth

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

36 minutes ago, happycamper said:

There's 16k murders a year. So that means that the top 1% of most heinous murders are 160 a year - one every other day. Do you think that any newspaper or news network would remain competitive with a murder headline every other day?

Come on dude you gotta expect I thought that through before I posted it. 

A murder story connected to such a hot topic?  Yeah, I would expect that to be covered.  Again, if the roles were reversed and the other couple was shot, it would be front page, top story news.

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

How is this the fault of (1) POTUS, (2) Congress, (3) us collectively?

I agree, media malfeasance by not reporting, or teams and shit reporting is a poop stain.

POTUS has failed at every level to give us even a token uniting message.

Congress is failing to pass real reform, in fact they are actively stopping reform bills from being passed on party lines.  This is heightening the unrest.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A murder story connected to such a hot topic?  Yeah, I would expect that to be covered.  Again, if the roles were reversed and the other couple was shot, it would be front page, top story news.

I'm not sure that's accurate.  Ahmaud Arbery for example - didn't get a story until months later when the video of him being lynched was released.

This story so far is just hearsay.  There also was an "N-word" dropped according to the Mirror article. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/mum-shot-dead-front-fiance-22345019

So we are taking the victim's fiance and her parents (who weren't there) statement's of what occurred as facts. Did they leave any details out? Did the Sun cover it fairly or write a story to get the most clicks? 

At 3:30 am going for a walk in a sketchy part of town?  Seems like there is probably more to the story - and why most outlets aren't covering until more details come out. (Foxnews has an article now, though)

BREAKING: Person killed while arguing with others at 3am and brandishing weapons.

That's the story. If you're dumb enough to be out at 3am, armed, argumentative, and willing to use your weapon you get what's coming to you. WHAT they were arguing about is irrelevant. It's being reported this way because it's a hot-button topic at the moment, but this really isn't news.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

40 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

POTUS has failed at every level to give us even a token uniting message.

Congress is failing to pass real reform, in fact they are actively stopping reform bills from being passed on party lines.  This is heightening the unrest.

There have been difference of opinion since beginning and always will be.  That doesn't justify murder.  Is this a justified murder or not? How is Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi culpable?

I agree change is needed, one is not justified killing due to unfair, unequal, or uncomfortable situations.

110926run_defense710.jpg

8 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

If you're dumb enough to be out at 3am, armed, argumentative, and willing to use your weapon you get what's coming to you

Idiot

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Exactly. When idiots have guns, sooner or later one of them will be used.

Of course it's wrong but why is anyone shocked or surprised?

This. It's wrong. It's sad. It's also predictable. The minute you pull a pistol on someone you're rolling the dice, especially in the wee hours of the morning. Anyone who knows they're doing with a firearm knows that you NEVER pull a firearm unless you intend to use it.

Disclaimer: I'm a big supporter of BLM. I'm got a sizeable firearms arsenal. I also support reasonable gun control. (I don't really NEED that 50 round clip for my 10-.22, but it IS fun).

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

48 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Exactly. When idiots have guns, sooner or later one of them will be used.

Of course it's wrong but why is anyone shocked or surprised?

But not nearly as deadly as alcohol right? 

1 hour ago, WYO1016 said:

This. It's wrong. It's sad. It's also predictable. The minute you pull a pistol on someone you're rolling the dice, especially in the wee hours of the morning. Anyone who knows they're doing with a firearm knows that you NEVER pull a firearm unless you intend to use it.

Disclaimer: I'm a big supporter of BLM. I'm got a sizeable firearms arsenal. I also support reasonable gun control. (I don't really NEED that 50 round clip for my 10-.22, but it IS fun).

The party of the victim pulled their gun in self defense.  

Sorry the "they had it coming" rhetoric here is disgusting.

21 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

At 3am, my guess is everyone in this scenario had some alcohol (or drugs), along with their guns

If alcohol was involved, it was certainly the killer!!!!! BAN!!!!!

5 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Curious, what does the Tiger King picture mean? Seems to be quite a few on this thread.

It’s the new idiot button because the powers that be are mistaken in thinking Joe Exotic is a dumb instead of the hero we deserve.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.