Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

32% of households missed July housing payments

10 minutes ago, aztech said:

They'll probably bring their anti-Devin Nunes votes with them, too.  LOL

They need to buy houses in his district to have it make a difference. Nunes only represents part of Fresno (the north and east side including Clovis), most of his district is south toward Visalia/Tulare. The rest of Fresno is represented by Democrat Jim Costa.

On 7/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, IanforHeisman said:

I’d hate to be a commercial real estate agent.. I think a lot of employers are gonna realize office space is unnecessary for some jobs.

The company I work for is closing a SoCal office.  Also, for any open position, there is a larger candidate pool if you don't have to point up over $100 k for relocation.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Bob it's been mentioned to you over and over that the collapse in demand for bars, retail spaces, and restaurants happened before Covid. The economy was shutting itself down. Seriously how could you forget this?

It wasn't a "collapse".

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

It wasn't a "collapse".

Chart: Restaurant Industry Collapses Due to Widespread Shutdowns ...

The first restaurant restrictions on a statewide basis came on March 19th in California; restaurants were "asked" to go to take out only on the 16th. 50% reduction before the first restrictions in the most reactive state is a collapse dude. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

In the last month there has been a mass exodus of renters in San Francisco wanting to escape the city and spread to other inland areas. Now that most tech businesses have shifted to working from home there is no need to live there and pay those ridiculous prices. The bad part now is that these renters are moving to the Central Valley and is causing rental prices to go up. 

Part of that is a bottleneck in new home construction from March and May which reduced supply.

6 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Part of that is a bottleneck in new home construction from March and May which reduced supply.

For the Central Valley? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Wait, so you think that reporting on corona virus is to blame? Just don't ever talk about anything that could be bad for the economy?

Jesus H christ

and for God's sake, don't do any testing either. No test, no Covid :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

If you call what the media has done "reporting" then sure. Whatever you say

Yes, we know that you'd rather the media spend all their time glorifying your goddamned god emperor. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Chart: Restaurant Industry Collapses Due to Widespread Shutdowns ...

The first restaurant restrictions on a statewide basis came on March 19th in California; restaurants were "asked" to go to take out only on the 16th. 50% reduction before the first restrictions in the most reactive state is a collapse dude. 

You said "before Covid".  Whatever, Bob's point still stands.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

You said "before Covid".  Whatever, Bob's point still stands.

Before the COVID restrictions. Shit, even he who shall not be named could figure that out, especially since Bob's thesis was that the restrictions 100% killed the economy. 

Do dunce caps come along with Trump party membership?

18 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Before the COVID restrictions. Shit, even he who shall not be named could figure that out, especially since Bob's thesis was that the restrictions 100% killed the economy

Do dunce caps come along with Trump party membership?

Bob didn't say that, no economy ever has been killed 100%. You and Happy are enamoured by Bob, we get it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

Bob didn't say that, no economy ever has been killed 100%. You and Happy are enamoured by Bob, we get it.

5 hours ago, Bob said:

There was no need to shut down the economy. Reap what you sow.

I mean, c'mon dude, are you even capable of reading comprehension?

4 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

It is not just renters but also buyers either from or moving to the Central Valley.

The Fresno home real estate market is busy. Multiple offers the first few days of listing.

The house across the street from my mother-in-law in Visalia was purchased by a family in Florida. She lives in a really quiet neighborhood near Goshen and the house sat on the market for over 6 months, then a few weeks ago there were 3 big moving trucks out front. I spoke with the husband and he works for an equity firm in Orlando. He was born in California and his job allowed him to work from home so he packed up his family and moved back. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

5 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

They need to buy houses in his district to have it make a difference. Nunes only represents part of Fresno (the north and east side including Clovis), most of his district is south toward Visalia/Tulare. The rest of Fresno is represented by Democrat Jim Costa.

I don't recommend moving to Tulare County. Been there, done that.

30 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I don't recommend moving to Tulare County. Been there, done that.

Visalia isn't that bad, I like it. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 7/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, mugtang said:

I can understand people missing payments when the damn unemployment system is broken. But, those that are getting umployment are making roughly $22.00 an hour (here in Florida ).....it's far more than most were making at their jobs.  I've got 8 positions I need filled....no one will commit because the average hourly range is $15.00 an hour. I've had four people who said they'd take a position but never show up. As long as we continue to doll out more money then a person was making precovid.....no one will go back to work. No incentive. They don't take into consideration medical,  vacation,  sick or PTO time....they're looking at that government check and nothing else.