Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

32% of households missed July housing payments

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I can understand people missing payments when the damn unemployment system is broken. But, those that are getting umployment are making roughly $22.00 an hour (here in Florida ).....it's far more than most were making at their jobs.  I've got 8 positions I need filled....no one will commit because the average hourly range is $15.00 an hour. I've had four people who said they'd take a position but never show up. As long as we continue to doll out more money then a person was making precovid.....no one will go back to work. No incentive. They don't take into consideration medical,  vacation,  sick or PTO time....they're looking at that government check and nothing else. 

The extra $600 payment ends on the 25th of this month. I bet you fill those 4 positions within a week of it expiring.

41 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The extra $600 payment ends on the 25th of this month. I bet you fill those 4 positions within a week of it expiring.

There's talk about extending it. ..if not you're absolutely right.

17 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

There's talk about extending it. ..if not you're absolutely right.

With Newsom shutting everything down again I think he will be forced to extend it. If not then he's putting a lot of people out of work with nothing to fall back on. The PPP loans have dried up for small businesses and we're back to where we started 4 months ago. :(:facepalm: 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

12 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

With Newsom shutting everything down again I think he will be forced to extend it. If not then he's putting a lot of people out of work with nothing to fall back on. The PPP loans have dried up for small businesses and we're back to where we started 4 months ago. :(:facepalm: 

Well maybe if Trump cronies, "charities" and anti-government non-profits didn't take gross advantage of the program, actual small businesses could have taken better advantage of it. Instead, we had small businesses getting rejected or very small amounts while companies with good connections got tons. 

14 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Yep, those folks in Cali will need it for sure. But here in Florida we are open ( 15,000 new cases yesterday ) Governor says he won't shut down again. Sooo....the jobs are here albeit it's a risk going to work depending on which side of the PPE conversation a person may fall on. That's why we (Florida) can't continue the extra $600 per week to stay home. Businesses are open ( with CDC guidelines followed) and need employees. Those of us who have been working 70+ hours a week during this crisis are not dead, yet. Won't be because of Covid ..lol. Businesses need the employees to come back and feel safe. We need our leaders to make a simple stand. 

Wear masks....Wear masks....Wear masks. It may sound simplistic and stupid to some. But  I've always heard most people read/understand on a third grade level.

10 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Yep, those folks in Cali will need it for sure. But here in Florida we are open ( 15,000 new cases yesterday ) Governor says he won't shut down again. Sooo....the jobs are here albeit it's a risk going to work depending on which side of the PPE conversation a person may fall on. That's why we (Florida) can't continue the extra $600 per week to stay home. Businesses are open ( with CDC guidelines followed) and need employees. Those of us who have been working 70+ hours a week during this crisis are not dead, yet. Won't be because of Covid ..lol. Businesses need the employees to come back and feel safe. We need our leaders to make a simple stand. 

Wear masks....Wear masks....Wear masks. It may sound simplistic and stupid to some. But  I've always heard most people read/understand on a third grade level.

I watched a dude in his late 50s get tossed out of a +++++ing Walgreens tonight because he refused to wear a +++++ing mask. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I watched a dude in his late 50s get tossed out of a +++++ing Walgreens tonight because he refused to wear a +++++ing mask. 

You got mandatory where you're at? 

3 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I can understand people missing payments when the damn unemployment system is broken. But, those that are getting umployment are making roughly $22.00 an hour (here in Florida ).....it's far more than most were making at their jobs.  I've got 8 positions I need filled....no one will commit because the average hourly range is $15.00 an hour. I've had four people who said they'd take a position but never show up. As long as we continue to doll out more money then a person was making precovid.....no one will go back to work. No incentive. They don't take into consideration medical,  vacation,  sick or PTO time....they're looking at that government check and nothing else. 

Don’t people get kicked off unemployment for turning down job offers? At least, that’s what happened to my sister-in-law. 

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

You got mandatory where you're at? 

Yep, we've been on mandatory masks in my city almost from the beginning, and the state put it into place a few weeks ago as cases started to spike again.

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Don’t people get kicked off unemployment for turning down job offers? At least, that’s what happened to my sister-in-law. 

These people are using the fact( I'm assuming) that they contacted us as a ' check off' on their weekly unemployment report. Not sure if my company can report the fact they accepted an offer and never showed. ..to the unemployment office,  the unemployment bureau here is a fiasco in itself.

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, we've been on mandatory masks in my city almost from the beginning, and the state put it into place a few weeks ago as cases started to spike again.

So this guy just now decided to pitch a fit.Did you hear any of his rantings?

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

These people are using the fact( I'm assuming) that they contacted us as a ' check off' on their weekly unemployment report. Not sure if my company can report the fact they accepted an offer and never showed. ..to the unemployment office,  the unemployment bureau here is a fiasco in itself.

Well with my sister in law she was kicked off because the job reported her refusal to the unemployment office. She turned it down thinking she was going to get an offer from a different job she interviewed for, but that never materialized, leaving her with no job and no unemployment. She did get a job within the next couple weeks though. 

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

So this guy just now decided to pitch a fit.Did you hear any of his rantings?

Yep, that's what he did. They even offered to give him a mask. He ranted about how the masks were the government's way of controlling everyone, and that Trump was going to put them all in jail for violating his rights. 

57 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

The state can't print money.  Not sure how easy it will be for Newsom to extend it.  He's counting on the feds extending it.

I'm not sure how this is going to go.  

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

The state can't print money.  Not sure how easy it will be for Newsom to extend it.  He's counting on the feds extending it.

I'm not sure how this is going to go.  

How would any governors “extend it”? The extra $600 comes from the federal government, not the state.

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well with my sister in law she was kicked off because the job reported her refusal to the unemployment office. She turned it down thinking she was going to get an offer from a different job she interviewed for, but that never materialized, leaving her with no job and no unemployment. She did get a job within the next couple weeks 

Glad to hear she got the job she wanted.  Kudos to her for actively looking and being serious about employment. But that does raise questions to me about others who are not serious .......I'm going to look into my companies policies on reporting .

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, that's what he did. They even offered to give him a mask. He ranted about how the masks were the government's way of controlling everyone, and that Trump was going to put them all in jail for violating his rights. 

He didn't mention Bill Gates vaccine with nanochips?

6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

How would any governors “extend it”? The extra $600 comes from the federal government, not the state.

He could try to do something like what he did for non legal residents.  That money came from the state, not the feds.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Haha, no... no Bill Gates mention. Nothing about QAnon either. 

I've got a family member who I always thought was stable  mentally.  He is now putting Q stuff on every facebook post. Its alittle unnerving.