Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Where does climate change rate on your priority list of issues?

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just trying to take the temperature of the board.  On actual issues, not "get rid of Trump" or "prevent Biden".

Is it anybodies top issue?  Top 3?  Non issue?

Trump is impacting our constitutional structure and the independence of the judiciary and armed forces.   To me that is priority one, the US role in global economy two, global warming 3. 

22 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

1. The public health crisis and all it entails

2. the looming depression

3. China is asshole

Thats where my head is at

For better or worse, #'s 1 and 2 will probably do more to slow co2 emissions than any potential legislation.

12 minutes ago, renoskier said:

For better or worse, #'s 1 and 2 will probably do more to slow co2 emissions than any potential legislation.

That is one bright spot. :cheers:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I don't know where I'd rank climate change on my list, it isn't the most important thing, but I will say that when I do get around to building a house it will have solar and geothermal. If they would stop making decent EVs into luxury cars, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

I feel like it is top 10 probably. Always seems like a barn door after the horse ran away situation. That doesn't mean we should make it worse but seems fait acompli by now. I'm more of a stop pollution guy than a climate change guy.

I’d put it in my top 15: 

1. Expression rights

2. Due process rights

3. Gun rights 

4. Personal privacy rights 

5. Personal property rights 

6. Separation of powers + checks and balances 

7. Equal justice under the law 

8. Universal Basic Fry Sauce Disbursements 

9. Term Sheet Deal enforcement 

10. Greater Idaho  

11. NO MOAR PREEMPTIVE WARS

12. Demilitarize police + end qualified immunity 

13. Education 

14. Infrastructure 

15. Environment + climate 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’d put it in my top 15: 

1. Expression rights

2. Due process rights

3. Gun rights 

4. Personal privacy rights 

5. Personal property rights 

6. Separation of powers + checks and balances 

7. Equal justice under the law 

8. Universal Basic Fry Sauce Disbursements 

9. Term Sheet Deal enforcement 

10. Greater Idaho  

11. NO MOAR PREEMPTIVE WARS

12. Demilitarize police + end qualified immunity 

13. Education 

14. Infrastructure 

15. Environment + climate 

After only a couple sips of coffee, I can pretty much go along with your list.  As for #8, you seem rather hard ass Republican, doesn't everybody deserve top shelf fry sauce?  I think that is a basic human right.  As for #10, Arco seems to get the short end of the stick, why is that?  As for #15, I view climate change and global warming like Covid, fear mongerging overstatement of risk.  We can always do better, don't tank the economy over it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Just trying to take the temperature of the board.  On actual issues, not "get rid of Trump" or "prevent Biden".

Is it anybodies top issue?  Top 3?  Non issue?

If you were to list the top 10,000 problems facing America climate change would be buried deep into the 9000's. The left keeps banging that climate change drum but the truth is most people don't care. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

After only a couple sips of coffee, I can pretty much go along with your list.  As for #8, you seem rather hard ass Republican, doesn't everybody deserve top shelf fry sauce?  I think that is a basic human right.  As for #10, Arco seems to get the short end of the stick, why is that?  As for #15, I view climate change and global warming like Covid, fear mongerging overstatement of risk.  We can always do better, don't tank the economy over it.

Don’t you ever insult me like that again. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

It doesn't rate as a priority. I believe in climate change and even anthropomorphic climate change. I just don't buy the doomsday talk.

Climate change will be resolved because emerging technologies will make energy cleaner and cheaper than by burning fossil fuels.

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Global warming would be solved if we all turned into vegans and drove Subarus.

Lol. You are describing my son. I tried some of his vegan taco meat last night. God that stuff tastes awful. His Forrestor runs great though. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. You are describing my son. I tried some of his vegan taco meat last night. God that stuff tastes awful. His Forrestor runs great though. 

Worse than the mystery meat in the past.  How do you like his vegan girlfriend?

110926run_defense710.jpg