Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

The MWC will play a....

On 7/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, jdgaucho said:

A week later, still waiting :foottap:

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Damn shame.  I see basketball is not impacted, yet :ph34r:

Hawaii and BYU will play ALL fall sports in the MWC because the WCC will soon follow.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 hours ago, Billings said:

So much for my hopes of bringing Boise or Nevada back just for this fall.  That's out the window:crying:

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Exactly. what would be the benefit?

There is none. BYU needs the Big XII or the AAC to throw them a bone, that would require way too much heavy lifting by ESPN for the Big XII (plus it helps the fox half of the deal), not sure the AAC will do it with travel and everything else. BYU is in some trouble, if the MWC goes conference only (which is likely with no one else left to play) its night night for 2020.

1 hour ago, JoeBlo said:

There is none. BYU needs the Big XII or the AAC to throw them a bone, that would require way too much heavy lifting by ESPN for the Big XII (plus it helps the fox half of the deal), not sure the AAC will do it with travel and everything else. BYU is in some trouble, if the MWC goes conference only (which is likely with no one else left to play) its night night for 2020.

Unless ESPN offers some money MWC has little incentive. Unless to extend some good well in hopes of getting them back (not likely).

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, robe said:

Unless ESPN offers some money MWC has little incentive. Unless to extend some good well in hopes of getting them back (not likely).

I like you Robe, you should call your AD he is way too much Stunner, his giggle the other day probably just cost you a 2020 season. BYU is not the only program with pride. 

1 minute ago, JoeBlo said:

I like you Robe, you should call your AD he is way too much Stunner, his giggle the other day probably just cost you a 2020 season. BYU is not the only program with pride. 

Probably. I pointed that out when it happened at the time. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

41 minutes ago, robe said:

Probably. I pointed that out when it happened at the time. 

That is true. Now will it cost him his job? I think it will if everyone else plays and BYU is left out, but that's just a stab in the dark.

Pride cometh before the fall. You may be right though and no one will play this year.

43 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

That is true. Now will it cost him his job? I think it will if everyone else plays and BYU is left out, but that's just a stab in the dark.

Pride cometh before the fall. You may be right though and no one will play this year.

That’s the most likely scenario