Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

The MWC will play a....

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I have no contacts and this is pure speculation but I actually do believe the 'MWC' will have football this upcoming fall.  Here is how I see it shaking out and what I think Wyoming's schedule could look like:

New Mexico State ('non-conference' scheduling agreement)
@ Colorado State
New Mexico
@Boise State
@ New Mexico State ('non-conference' scheduling agreement)
Colorado State
Boise State
@ New Mexico
('MWC Championship game')

I see it this way:
'MWC East': CSU/Wyoming/New Mexico/Boise (maybe New Mexico State)
'MWC West': Nevada/UNLV/Utah State (maybe BYU)

The academies won't be playing anyone. The military is going to run a tight ship to control coronavirus in its ranks.  It is pretty clear to me that the Cal State system is going to cancel all fall sports (no SJSU, Fresno or SDSU). My sense is Hawaii will follow suit given their location.

You have to look at this way - teams are going to have tremendous pressure from their states and university administration to completely avoid air travel and possible exposure to the many people at an airport (the stated goal of all these schools with their recent releases is to control coronavirus spread on their campuses).  Therefore, any schedule should be feasible through driving.  The reason I see Utah State sliding over to the 'West' is the BYU attachment and the closer proximity to Reno and Vegas where driving is very feasible but I could see Boise slotting over too.

Note: I am assuming that New Mexico and New Mexico State will receive some sort of state waivers for this type of plan.  

this is the most likely scenario

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I have no contacts and this is pure speculation but I actually do believe the 'MWC' will have football this upcoming fall.  Here is how I see it shaking out and what I think Wyoming's schedule could look like:

New Mexico State ('non-conference' scheduling agreement)
@ Colorado State
New Mexico
@Boise State
@ New Mexico State ('non-conference' scheduling agreement)
Colorado State
Boise State
@ New Mexico
('MWC Championship game')

I see it this way:
'MWC East': CSU/Wyoming/New Mexico/Boise (maybe New Mexico State)
'MWC West': Nevada/UNLV/Utah State (maybe BYU)

The academies won't be playing anyone. The military is going to run a tight ship to control coronavirus in its ranks.  It is pretty clear to me that the Cal State system is going to cancel all fall sports (no SJSU, Fresno or SDSU). My sense is Hawaii will follow suit given their location.

You have to look at this way - teams are going to have tremendous pressure from their states and university administration to completely avoid air travel and possible exposure to the many people at an airport (the stated goal of all these schools with their recent releases is to control coronavirus spread on their campuses).  Therefore, any schedule should be feasible through driving.  The reason I see Utah State sliding over to the 'West' is the BYU attachment and the closer proximity to Reno and Vegas where driving is very feasible but I could see Boise slotting over too.

Note: I am assuming that New Mexico and New Mexico State will receive some sort of state waivers for this type of plan.  

Great post, and probably the most realistic.

Also, any neutral championship game would be hosted in Fort Collins, IMO.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, Coog kev said:

Pls dude. Stop talking bullshit.  I split half my time betwixt Texas and New Mexico.  There is no way New Mexico is any position to build a wall from either of Arizona, Texas, or Colorado. Try me on that one, dude.  Super poor state..rivaling Mississippi in the lowest funded poor state re education..yep, it's New Mexico.  You're freaking lucky to have Texas imports. 

However, NM is full of charm. It really is. If one can turn a blind eye to the rampant meth crises. New Mexico is an anomaly.  The back roads, ranch land is excellent.  The native lands in the NW abutting AZ and Utah..coolo. 

If NM could dislodge Santa Fe politics with its relative Who Gives a Shit...it would be a better place.  Even in Albuquerque. 

The Republic of Texas should never have given up its original territory. 

Republic of Texas 1845 Map – www.TrulyTexas.com

Your grasp of history sucks donkey balls. The Republic of Texas tried to claim everything East of the Rio Grande , but they had no standing to do so. Each and every Texan incursion into New Mexico to claim that land was successfully repulsed. That bullshit map is nothing more than a wet dream.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Required?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, Warbow said:

Just letting you guys know that Hawaii is in favor of just playing out whatever is left of the schedule and was kinda glad the Arizona game was canceled. Looking at other “options” to replace UCLA at home. But losing a big payday with the Oregon cancellation which is going to hurt their bottom line. 

Just like I said

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

16 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Required?

Yep.

Start dates for each phase of a school's offseason program will correspond with the date of its first game. If a team is slated to open its season on Sept. 5, players could participate in "up to eight hours of weight training, conditioning and film review per week," beginning on July 13, per the NCAA. From July 24 to Aug. 6, that would increase to 20 hours per week. 

Big West to announce soon of cancellation of all fall sports. @jdgaucho

Hawaii to seek MWC games.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

while certainly plausible, I cannot imagine Fresno playing fall sports while some Bakersfield birds sit out.  

Plan on remaining with us heathens until the word is given.

https://www.khon2.com/sports/were-sitting-on-pins-and-needles-wahine-soccers-michele-nagamine-awaits-big-west-decision-ahead-of-schedule-that-has-already-taken-a-massive-hit/

On 7/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Warbow said:

....10 game divisional schedule. 2 games against each divisional opponent (home & away) Talks are underway to include BYU to the West schedule and New Mexico St to the Mountain schedule for this season only. Each divisional champion will face off for the MWC championship.

You heard it here first!

Ummm... @#1Stunner @robe

Guest #1Stunner
51 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Ummm... @#1Stunner @robe

BYU lost 4 Road Games, and 1 Home Game.   BYU has 4 road games it is looking to fill for 2020.  

Hawaii needs to be one of the teams BYU offers to play (at Hawaii)   Honestly, BYU should be offering Hawaii  a 5 for 1 deal (5 road games at Hawaii, 1 at Provo).   The 13th game is a blessing most years. 

7 hours ago, Warbow said:

Ummm... @#1Stunner @robe

I remember that. But he didn’t say he was in discussion with the MWC about this.  This year is crazy anything is possible. 

Goal number one was to replace P5 games with P5 games. Oklahoma St, Texas AM and obviously Alabama was mentioned by the host. Tom just said well things have been link from other schools. Alabama is confirmed. Based on his comments we know BYU is in talks with P5 schools and most likely Oklahoma St and AM are 2 of those schools. 

it also sounds like he has talked to the P5 conference about being included in games if it goes conference only. I think it was the B12 but maybe the B10. He at least said it was a possible if all conference went conference only BYU might get some games to help an unbalanced schedule.  I guess the B12 rumors had some merit. 

BYU replacing New Mexico in the Mountain Division for this year?

On 7/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, Warbow said:

A week later, still waiting :foottap:

7 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

A week later, still waiting :foottap:

It’s coming, ✅

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

BYU replacing New Mexico in the Mountain Division for this year?

Ha ha I just said the same thing in another thread.