Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump will sign EO giving DACA recipients a pathway to citizenship

Can’t wait for the far right to blow up about this and/or start saying “I always thought the DACA kids should stay”.  

I’m not sure what he’s planning but I’m guessing he doesn’t really have the power to grant a pathway to citizenship for the DACA kids   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

23 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Ted Cruz was one of the first GOPers to speak out against the statement.

I would applaud Ted if he had said one word about the President lacking constitutional authority to shift funds to build the wall or withhold Congressionally appropriated funds until Ukraine investigates Biden.  Something Amash in fact did.

But what did we hear from Two faced Ted?  Crickets...  

now he complains (rightly) that Trump doesn’t have the power to grant citizenship.  Trump thinks he is a dictator.

Actually, this may be a brilliant move to force Congress to resolve the issue before the election.  Our labrinth of immigration laws and rules are an abomination.  It is not good to keep this group in perpetual limbo.  We need them to join as full members of our society.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just as an example.  The attending physician at my daughters ER who has been waiting on his green card since 2011 now faces possible deportation.  Only in the Wonderland of Trump would you deport an ER doc from Corona hotspot.   

In another example a PA had to shotgun marry his girlfriend also a PA student to keep her from being deported to China.   

But Trump won’t work with Congress to pass a law because he is incapable of working with anyone.   Members of Congress or allies.  So instead he will issue a stupid Executive Order.   

30 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Actually, this may be a brilliant move to force Congress to resolve the issue before the election.  Our labrinth of immigration laws and rules are an abomination.  It is not good to keep this group in perpetual limbo.  We need them to join as full members of our society.

Trump never has legislation in mind.

I hope that this signals the beginning of a coherent and humane policy. But I assume it is another in a long line of empty EOs before the election. The pace of these will likely increase in the coming months.

20 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Just as an example.  The attending physician at my daughters ER who has been waiting on his green card since 2011 now faces possible deportation.  Only in the Wonderland of Trump would you deport an ER doc from Corona hotspot.   

In another example a PA had to shotgun marry his girlfriend also a PA student to keep her from being deported to China.   

But Trump won’t work with Congress to pass a law because he is incapable of working with anyone.   Members of Congress or allies.  So instead he will issue a stupid Executive Order.   

Some of you around here: 

067.jpg

42 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I hope that this signals the beginning of a coherent and humane policy. But I assume it is another in a long line of empty EOs before the election. The pace of these will likely increase in the coming months.

Republican and the phrase “coherent and humane” are oxymorons

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

We had a deal on the table in 2018. Trump reneged and changed the terms. This isn’t a brilliant move, this is unconstitutional political cowardice.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

Can’t wait for the far right to blow up about this and/or start saying “I always thought the DACA kids should stay”.  

I’m not sure what he’s planning but I’m guessing he doesn’t really have the power to grant a pathway to citizenship for the DACA kids   

He doesn't plus I'm not convinced he even knows what DACA is.

People, not a fan.

28 minutes ago, azgreg said:

He doesn't plus I'm not convinced he even knows what DACA is.

One of the things he was screaming about in relation to the "caravans" was that they're trying to take advantage of DACA, so I'd say you're right. 

36 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We had a deal on the table in 2018. Trump reneged and changed the terms. This isn’t a brilliant move, this is unconstitutional political cowardice.

But what about his groundbreaking work on life-threatening diseases?