Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, cgzpack said:

yeah hoped jameis would start and hill would get more utility play - man he played well though can he do that against the not-falcons?

Soooo yeah Herbert and Hill for sale y'all :)

Is there any chance that Michael Thomas is for sale? I say this with this mindset for my own team:

I always approach fantasy football that ALL of my players are for sale at any time. Some just happen to be a lot more expensive than others. But I never consider any of my players truly untouchable.

Generally speaking, I consider myself to be very deep at RB but I'd like to upgrade at WR a bit still. So with Mike Davis likely losing all real value as soon as McCaffery comes back (right in time for the playoffs), I was thinking an offer of a RB + replacement WR might interest you. I have five RBs that in an ideal world I'd like to start (Robinson, CEH, Hunt, Bernard/Mixon and Gibson) but I'm thinner than I'd like at WR after Ridley.

9 hours ago, cgzpack said:

Cool I've never done a keeper league - should we allow everyone to select 3 keepers? 4? Any thoughts @nocoolnamejim @And? @TheDogSnake

I'm not really in favor of it...takes the fun out of the draft!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

On 12/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, cgzpack said:

Cool I've never done a keeper league - should we allow everyone to select 3 keepers? 4? Any thoughts @nocoolnamejim @And? @TheDogSnake

I think I'd be more likely to be in favor of a keeper league if I know a season in advance. Coming into this year, I drafted based on my expectation of who would help me be successful THIS year.

One thought that I'd toss out there...

Maybe do an Auction style draft next year with the announcement that the following year would let you keep, say, 2 players. That way everyone has an equal shot at getting some of the true, high end studs like Cook, Henry, Adams, Hill etc. if they're willing to spend up to get them. I could see some wild bidding on the top studs if people know in advance that they get to keep them in future years.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, retrofade said:

I would be interested.

3 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I think I'd be more likely to be in favor of a keeper league if I know a season in advance. Coming into this year, I drafted based on my expectation of who would help me be successful THIS year.

One thought that I'd toss out there...

Maybe do an Auction style draft next year with the announcement that the following year would let you keep, say, 2 players. That way everyone has an equal shot at getting some of the true, high end studs like Cook, Henry, Adams, Hill etc. if they're willing to spend up to get them. I could see some wild bidding on the top studs if people know in advance that they get to keep them in future years.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:13 PM, TheDogSnake said:

I'm not really in favor of it...takes the fun out of the draft!

Yeah I'm cool with all that - assuming people are interested in a long term league. I know we'd have at least 6 of the current 12 who would want to continue, but we have a lot of time til next season to get a full league, and 10 is fine. Only five of us are on this board so I'll contact the others and set it up for an auction draft next year with several keepers in '22 and we'll see what happens. Good luck in playoffs . . . ugh still can't believe I missed them by less than 2 total pts for :/

Oh and since we're talking shop about possible future seasons, what are your opinions on playoffs formats?

On 12/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, cgzpack said:

Oh and since we're talking shop about possible future seasons, what are your opinions on playoffs formats?

In the league that I've run for nine years, we go with two-week playoffs.

Whether that's the best approach or not is open to discussion. We like it because it makes it more likely that the best team advances, but it does make things a little less exciting in that upsets are less likely so there's some tradeoffs involved.

Basically, weeks 1-12 are the regular season. Then four teams advance. Weeks 13 and 14 are the first round of the playoff combined. Then weeks 15 and 16 are the championship. 

You didn't ask, but I'll volunteer since you really seem like the type of commissioner who loves and cares about this sort of game and likes inputs.

Free Agency Auction Budget FTW! FAAB is, in my humble opinion, a better way to do waivers in that it's more strategic. Everyone has a set number of dollars that they can spend "bidding" on waivers each week throughout the season. Some star RB goes down with an injury and his handcuff is available on waivers? How much do you believe in him and how long do you think the starter is going to be out? Put your money in.

It can also be used in trades with the commish's efforts. Two owners are close on a trade but one thinks that they just aren't getting enough value? Post publicly that the other owner is including X number of FAAB dollars in the trade. Owner A receives X dollars. Owner B loses X dollars. The commish adjusts their budget and the trade goes through.

Congratulations to Longview Kalicago on crushing our finals matchup. Your team was absolutely the best one all season, and you proved it beyond a doubt when it mattered most.

Thanks to everyone who participated and played this year but in particular @cgzpackfor stepping up and running things. I had fun and it's appreciated.

Won my 12 person league. 

$360 prize comin my way. GOAT

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250