Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

Fantasy Football

So...

My matchup this week against Win Like Flynn came down to the final drive of the KC vs. Buffalo game. I was leading, but Buffalo needed to move the ball down the field quickly and my opponent had Cole Beasley remaining while I had Josh Allen.

Essentially, the only way I could lose was if Allen marched the Bills down the field throwing to Beasley a lot.

And then my fantasy quarterback threw an interception...and I cheered. Because it effectively ended the game and this week's fantasy matchup. I won by less than 3 points after the -2 for the INT.

And thus was the phrase "game winning interception" added to the fantasy football lexicon.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, nocoolnamejim said:

So...

My matchup this week against Win Like Flynn came down to the final drive of the KC vs. Buffalo game. I was leading, but Buffalo needed to move the ball down the field quickly and my opponent had Cole Beasley remaining while I had Josh Allen.

Essentially, the only way I could lose was if Allen marched the Bills down the field throwing to Beasley a lot.

And then my fantasy quarterback threw an interception...and I cheered. Because it effectively ended the game and this week's fantasy matchup. I won by less than 3 points after the -2 for the INT.

And thus was the phrase "game winning interception" added to the fantasy football lexicon.

terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week - you kidding me mike evans? Tight race now. :duel:

On 10/20/2020 at 8:11 PM, cgzpack said:

terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week - you kidding me mike evans? Tight race now. :duel:

I'm coming for you!

You had a pretty rough week bye week wise last week. Kind of hard to win down both Michael Thomas, Russell Wilson AND Chris Carson

3 hours ago, cgzpack said:

WLF isn't on this board fyi

That's disappointing. How do I get in touch with her? As you know from our experience together with trades, I like the discussion aspect even if the first offer is not what the other side wants.

If any owners out there are still actively reading this thread and are looking for some immediate, short term help at RB...

I can afford to sell on Giovani Bernard who will have the backfield to himself this week in Cinci. I can swap in James Robinson and be fine at RB and am pretty comfortable at 4-2.

So if you're an owner who wants/needs a RB who will give you something RIGHT NOW for this Sunday, please let me know of your offers. I consider myself weakest at TE, with WR after that. I'd also be willing to package Bernard with another piece to get a longer term solution at either position. Open to offers and discussion and willing to do some back and forth dialog to get something that we're both happy with.

Most interested in acquiring an every week starter at TE.

Team Retro is Retrofade

Fresno Dog Gone It is TheDogSnake

Team Boom is And?

Besides you and me, the rest are not mwc boarders. I'd suggest trying an email through the league site and I can relay a heads up if you want.

ps. I tried trading with WLF and Fitz and neither had much interest in it and the others have varying degrees of league engagement.

56 minutes ago, cgzpack said:

The meltdown is complete - started 5-0 now 5-5 and my kicker and defense are highest scorers. I want Gibson back ;p and a TE with a pulse would be awesome.

FWIW, I'm not sure I'd call what's happening to you at the moment with your current streak a meltdown (that implies mismanagement or inattention)...but rather this season has been an absolute cluster+++++ of injuries and other bad luck related things. 

In a smaller league, or just a league with fewer roster spots, lengthy Carson and Thomas related issues can be weathered because there's just more depth on the bench. But bench depth is at a premium in a year where injuries are severe. It's been a weird football year.

If you don't mind my asking, what ARE the tiebreakers for playoffs? At a glance at the scoreboard for this week, it looks like there's going to be a lot of 5-5 teams going into next week and week 12. I wouldn't have thought you to be completely out of it yet.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, nocoolnamejim said:

FWIW, I'm not sure I'd call what's happening to you at the moment with your current streak a meltdown (that implies mismanagement or inattention)...but rather this season has been an absolute cluster+++++ of injuries and other bad luck related things. 

In a smaller league, or just a league with fewer roster spots, lengthy Carson and Thomas related issues can be weathered because there's just more depth on the bench. But bench depth is at a premium in a year where injuries are severe. It's been a weird football year.

If you don't mind my asking, what ARE the tiebreakers for playoffs? At a glance at the scoreboard for this week, it looks like there's going to be a lot of 5-5 teams going into next week and week 12. I wouldn't have thought you to be completely out of it 

Well saying the meltdown is complete is a hope that it turns around. 3 way tie for 2nd (edit: shit that's wrong its a 3 way tie for 3rd - ugh) in our div so a few wins could do it (pts for is a no-go). Got the Lazard King back so all is well ;)

2 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Sorry @cgzpack

I was all set to start loading up trade offers for Hill based on his TE eligibility before I saw this.

yeah hoped jameis would start and hill would get more utility play - man he played well though can he do that against the not-falcons?

Soooo yeah Herbert and Hill for sale y'all :)