Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Lincoln Project Effect - Specific thread

7 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The only one of the LP guys I know that moved away from republican registration is Steve Schmidt, he's now NP, not sure if the others have also left the party - If anything I could see these guys being the centrist voice. Can't see McCain/Bush/Reagan republicans suddenly loving democrats. Most of their ad's don't promote the democrats in the races, they point out the failings of the sitting republicans.......if anything they are becoming a check on how republicans come across, at least in this election cycle.

Good point, plus the Dodgers won the World Series.

7 hours ago, renoskier said:

Okay, let's say they do want some influence.

Would trying to pull the Dems toward the middle be a terrible thing? I don't think so.

What issues are most important to you and what direction do you want the Dems to go?

Not to mention the Dodgers won the World Series. Aaahhh the victory bourbon feels great.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:38 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

They’re grifters guys, nothing more. They make ads for people who already hate Trump to beat off to. Once Biden wins they’ll be shocked at how much none of their current fans care what they say. Conservatismer conserved.

Protecting pedos, hacking their female founders dms, and getting Susan Collins re-elected easily, oh my! Not a lot to enjoy in politics for me lately but damn if the curtain dropping on these sleaze-balls isn’t beautiful, just beautiful.

tenor.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:09 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Protecting pedos, hacking their female founders dms, and getting Susan Collins re-elected easily, oh my! Not a lot to enjoy in politics for me lately but damn if the curtain dropping on these sleaze-balls isn’t beautiful, just beautiful.

tenor.gif

The people on this board jacking off to the TLP was the funniest and saddest thing I have seen MWCboarding.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The people on this board jacking off to the TLP was the funniest and saddest thing I have seen MWCboarding.

The Lincoln project falling apart you say? You love to see it. 

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don’t blame most people for being taken in by them. If someone wasn’t really into the nuts and bolts of Republican politics pre-Trump, they wouldn’t have any inkling of just how gross these people were. The powerful people that pushed them, though, can go +++++ themselves. It wasn’t a big secret that they were scumbags amongst politicos, even if protecting someone preying on 14 year olds was a surprise.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t blame most people for being taken in by them. If someone wasn’t really into the nuts and bolts of Republican politics pre-Trump, they wouldn’t have any inkling of just how gross these people were. The powerful people that pushed them, though, can go +++++ themselves. It wasn’t a big secret that they were scumbags amongst politicos, even if protecting someone preying on 14 year olds was a surprise.

Nevermind the fact that they condemned Weaver for his actions. 

We get it though, you hate the anti-Republicans. It's fine, just +++++ing own up to it.

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We get it though, you hate the anti-Republicans. It's fine, just +++++ing own up to it.

Uh, half assed in January. Not a peep from June, when mass complaints were being filed, until then while the money from rubes flowing in. Setting that aside, it’s hilarious how shocked they were by the content of their cofounders dms and then a few days later they post hacked dms from their female cofounder.

Im sorry your heroes were Harvey Weinstein. But that’s a you problem. Hope you didn’t give them too much money.

17 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You mean Democrats?

They’re the ones who should be pissed, 26% of their donations went towards the actual process of smoldering the Trump re-election campaign.  The rest, straight into the LP founders pockets.  

Pedos are gutter scum but to my knowledge the Lincoln Project had just one and the rest weren't aware of the guy's scumbaggery. (Feel free to correct me if that's incorrect.)

Do the staunch GQP folks here who detest the Lincoln Project hate them just for that one person or for the fact the LP guys are seen as traitors to today's wonderful GQP?

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Pedos are gutter scum but to my knowledge the Lincoln Project had just one and the rest weren't aware of the guy's scumbaggery. (Feel free to correct me if that's incorrect.)

Do the staunch GQP folks here who detest the Lincoln Project hate them just for that one person or for the fact the LP guys are seen as traitors to today's wonderful GQP?

Neither.

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

Neither.

So the answer to my question but would be what?

I'm serious. When Republicans aren't in power, I usually pay little attention to them so maybe those guys were gutter scum for the entirety of the Obama administration but I doubt at that time I even knew who most of them were.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Funnier and/or sadder than the metric f*ckton of Happy Tissues soaked with the salty spooj of the 70 million members of the Cult45 Circle Jerk Association of Murca? :blink: GTFO. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

9 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

So the answer to my question but would be what?

I'm serious. When Republicans aren't in power, I usually pay little attention to them so maybe those guys were gutter scum for the entirety of the Obama administration but I doubt at that time I even knew who most of them were.

I mean... I'm not sure how serious you are when you were obviously trolling with your post. It's already been heavily discussed on here why Republicans don't like the LP guys.

5 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I mean... I'm not sure how serious you are when you were obviously trolling with your post. It's already been heavily discussed on here why Republicans don't like the LP guys.

Maybe I was trolling a bit but I don't want to bother to read 10 pages of posts and was curious. If you don't want to bother providing a couple quick reasons if there in fact are that many, I'm fine with that.

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/02/lincoln-project-accused-of-protecting-predator-john-weaver.html

While Johnson didn’t know it then, the Lincoln Project had already been told Weaver was preying on young men in and outside the company.

On June 17, a person working at the Lincoln Project sent an email to co-founder Steslow that reported ten allegations of Weaver’s harassing men, including at least one employee at the Lincoln Project; three people independently described the contents of the email to Intelligencer and said it warned Weaver could be using his position at the company to make promises of career advancement to prey on young men. The complaint called Weaver’s predatory behavior an immediate threat to the company that, if it became public, could render a death blow to the Lincoln Project’s reputation. As the complaint noted, the Lincoln Project itself was attacking Trump as a sexual predator. Steslow raised the email with his fellow co-founder Galen and corporate counsel Matthew Sanderson, the AP reported. Yet Weaver’s harassment continued. (Weaver did not respond to requests for comment.)

Schmidt told Intelligencer: “There is no human being, no person involved with the Lincoln Project who made any type of allegation of any type of inappropriate communication that would have triggered an HR investigation or the hiring of an outside counsel to conduct such an investigation,” he said. “There were zero allegations, complaints, media interrogatories directed to the Lincoln Project with any specificity, at any time about, any misconduct, towards any person.”

...Schmidt said that all the Lincoln Project had heard was “chatter” in early July that Weaver, who is married to a woman, was gay. Around this time, sources say, reporters were asking Lincoln Project members about Weaver. Schmidt noted the rumor dates back to at least 1988, when Weaver’s nemesis in Texas, Karl Rove, reportedly spread a rumor that Weaver took a pass at a male campaign staffer...

...The company’s leaders told the New YorkTimes in January they had not been aware of such allegations until they publicly surfaced that month, contrary to the complaint received and circulated by Steslow. The Times reported Weaver had sent messages that ranged from provocative to sexually explicit to 21 men going back years, including to one recipient who was 14 years old, though none worked at the Lincoln Project...

...Former employees faulted the Lincoln Project for continuing to hire the interns recommended by Weaver after receiving a warning he would dangle job opportunities to potential victims. “It’s just enraging to know that they were enabling and they perpetuated this kind of behavior. And didn’t take action until it just came out,” said one former employee. “There was knowledge of Weaver and his history, and yet there were people directly brought on who were recommended by him, so I still don’t know what to say why that was the case.”

...One former employee said that’s when his boss warned him to avoid Weaver. “When I was told, it was almost in passing that I did not want to be involved with Weaver specifically because I am a young man,” the former employee said. One night over drinks with much of the staff, four employees recall, Weaver’s behavior came up repeatedly as a topic of discussion. One person remembers Schmidt and co-founder Rick Wilson telling people Weaver was “depraved” and “twisted” and that they wouldn’t want to know the truth about him. “The Weaver stuff is being taken care of,” Schmidt said, according to another. Wilson told Intelligencer this account was “untrue,” and when asked, Schmidt said it was “not true.”

...The Lincoln Project said it “declined” to reengage with Weaver but did not elaborate. Weaver did appear on an October 11 episode of 60 Minutes about the Lincoln Project, which interviewed the co-founders.

“I was under the impression that it was being handled,” said one former employee who learned of the Weaver allegations in Utah. “I was in a position where I trusted that it was being handled, given that we were working on this cause that was rooted in morality, was rooted in truth and rooted in doing the right thing.”

These guys have always been scumbags. It was ignored because hating Trump excused almost anything in a lot of people’s minds. But none of this is a surprise. The snakes were eating each other even as the grift was occurring.