Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Lincoln Project Effect - Specific thread

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

as has been proven over and over ... eventually you run out of other people's money.  

except we haven't been using "other people's money" have we?

If folks don't want to actually pay for the services we as a nation demand, no big deal, we'll just keep the printing presses running...

image.jpeg.1eca58d3277fdf4a157f6e42306c8e96.jpeg

On 7/12/2020 at 5:38 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

They’re grifters guys, nothing more. They make ads for people who already hate Trump to beat off to. Once Biden wins they’ll be shocked at how much none of their current fans care what they say. Conservatismer conserved.

Oh, definitely. Just like most of the Republican contrarians, talking heads, and "think tank" guys funded by oligarchs. Hell, just like everyone in that political space. 

The question is, if it helps Trump lose, who gives a shit right now?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

29 minutes ago, renoskier said:

except we haven't been using "other people's money" have we?

If folks don't want to actually pay for the services we as a nation demand, no big deal, we'll just keep the printing presses running...

image.jpeg.1eca58d3277fdf4a157f6e42306c8e96.jpeg

if I had more time I would explain monetary policy to you.  Also, only a small amount of US $  is in bills.  Any money spent by the fed gov't that is over the tax revenues brought in has interest paid upon it as well.  
only fools believe anything is "free".  

2 minutes ago, pokerider said:

if I had more time I would explain monetary policy to you.  Also, only a small amount of US $  is in bills.  Any money spent by the fed gov't that is over the tax revenues brought in has interest paid upon it as well.  

He's not literally talking about the physical bills, you donkey.

7 minutes ago, pokerider said:

My degree is in economics but go ahead, knock yourself out :rotflmfao:

On 7/14/2020 at 1:51 PM, NevadaFan said:

I’d vote for Romney tomorrow. 

Suddenly, Mitt Romney has become popular amongst Centrists.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Suddenly, Mitt Romney has become popular amongst Centrists.

The guy has earned the respect of non-Republicans everywhere for having the testicles to actually stand up to the steaming POS in the White House.

When the smoke clears several months from now, Romney will be one of the few Republican politicians who will be able to hold his head up with pride.

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

The guy has earned the respect of non-Republicans everywhere for having the testicles to actually stand up for the constitution to the steaming POS in the White House.

When the smoke clears several months from now, Romney will be one of the few Republican politicians who will be able to hold his head up with pride.

I would agree with a slightly different take.  Supposed constitutionalists like Ted Cruz have no credibility.  

On 7/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

I highly doubt you are more knowledgeable about the Civil War than I am. (It is possible, I suppose, that although you know next to nothing about anything else, you could conceivably be an idiot savant and know the Civil War like the back of your hand.) 

Lincoln did exhibit the common philosophy of his time that separation of the races was a good idea based on what were then vast cultural differences and the belief that blacks were intellectually inferior. The latter belief was based primarily on how few people of African descent Northerners encountered and the fact that most they did see were freed slaves bereft of a decent education.

Lincoln's top priority was always saving the Union and in that regard, note the circumstances. When Lincoln was inaugurated, only seven Southern states had seceded and none had yet gone to war against Union troops. Accordingly, what you quote was an attempt to dissuade other slave states from leaving. Indeed, to quote from Wikipedia, the Corwin Amendment was an unsuccessful attempt by the Congress to bring the seceding states back to the Union and to convince the border slave states to remain

So stop the bullshit hit and run criticism of Lincoln. Only the ignorant try to argue he wasn't a good man and one of the greatest of all Americans.

The only thing you know is that you're supposed to worship certain politicians like Lincoln, and probably FDR and JFK.

You can't proclaim Lincoln as the great emancipator in one breath, then provide "context" that justifies his support of Slavery as a state Right.

Slavery was "ok" with Lincoln when it mean avoiding conflict, so slavery was ok to Lincoln, end of subject.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

The only thing you know is that you're supposed to worship certain politicians like Lincoln, and probably FDR and JFK.

You can't proclaim Lincoln as the great emancipator in one breath, then provide "context" that justifies his support of Slavery as a state Right.

Slavery was "ok" with Lincoln when it mean avoiding conflict, so slavery was ok to Lincoln, end of subject.

You're 100% correct on this. There is no nuance in anything. Varying shades of grey is a facade, everything is black or white.