Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

ACC Conference Only

20 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I hate to be that guy, but if G5 starts filing lawsuits against P5, why would the P5 play a G5 after this?  I wouldn't.  The trend is already happening, this could push it past the point of no return.

NM

21 hours ago, AztecSU said:

I've wondered about this and if a pandemic would meet the definition since the conf's are deciding on their own to stop OOC play. It's not the same as a storm or another "act of god" is it?

You are correct on legal grounds. It may meet force majeure standards if they determine that an event out of their control makes it too dangerous to play the game, EXCEPT the "plaintiff" in this case is playing football games so they are being selective in what they decide is force majeure or not. It would be like someone saying to a 62 year old, "We'd like to hire you but we're not hiring for this postion". Then the following week they hire a 27 year old for the position in question. It's not age discrimination until they discriminate, so to speak.

The proper thing to do for Boise State and Florida State to avoid a lawsuit would be honor the terms of the contract and have Florida State pay the $2 million buyout. Or not play any football and not pay the $2 million cuz force majeure. 

59 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

You are correct on legal grounds. It may meet force majeure standards if they determine that an event out of their control makes it too dangerous to play the game, EXCEPT the "plaintiff" in this case is playing football games so they are being selective in what they decide is force majeure or not. It would be like someone saying to a 62 year old, "We'd like to hire you but we're not hiring for this postion". Then the following week they hire a 27 year old for the position in question. It's not age discrimination until they discriminate, so to speak.

The proper thing to do for Boise State and Florida State to avoid a lawsuit would be honor the terms of the contract and have Florida State pay the $2 million buyout. Or not play any football and not pay the $2 million cuz force majeure. 

I don't see how you can claim force majeure when you continue to play other games. Force mejeure would only come in to play if you didn't play any games because of the pandemic.

I think we see some buyouts, with lawyers involved, to lessen them. As you've stated. That sucks for your guys home schedule. Sorry to hear that.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

The schools won't sue each other.

They'll either just cancel the games, with no financial penalty, or move them to a future season. 

18 minutes ago, trubluman said:

So the ACC is now talking about a 10 game schedule round robin playing 5 teams twice each and ND will be in the mix.

That will be difficult with 14/15 teams.  2 groups of 6 and 2 or 3 leftovers?  A division round robin (6 games) and 4 crossovers, with ND counting as a crossover, makes for more sense and a lot easier to execute.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.