sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah. No offense but that was posted 5 hours ago.

Sorry.  Scrolled back a few pages and didn’t see it.  

A couple more weeks and who knows what happens by football season assuming there is one.? This might turn into an even worse cluster. At this point I don't see fans in many stadiums either by university social distancing requirements in stadiums or by fan choice.:shrug::surrender:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

But the Mountain West already said no to BYU (And NMSU). The MWC is doing a 10 or 11 game season plus a championship game. Everyone will have a Bye week on the same week. If they play anyone else it's gonna be a P5 money game and it's gonna be the first game of the season or the last game of the season on the same week. Again, BYU was told no thanks. The MWC needs to be able to control their environment and make changes quickly. BYU would make things difficult. My guess is conferences don't wanna mess this up if they decide to play. Every conference is gonna come up with a strict protocol and follow it 💯%.

BYU isn't on any conferences radar. There is no reason for them to be.

When have the MWC schools ever followed the edicts of Hair Thompson?

I remember Hair got giddy and implemented a scheduling ban of BYU, and UNLV, Boise, and USU ignored it and promptly scheduled BYU.

Let's see what happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I remember Hair got giddy and implemented a scheduling ban of BYU, and UNLV, Boise, and USU ignored it and promptly scheduled BYU.

Let's see what happens.

The only thing that will change in the MWC not playing football at all. Like I said in another thread. BYU needs to call the AAC before Army does.

31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The only thing that will change in the MWC not playing football at all. Like I said in another thread. BYU needs to call the AAC before Army does.

The schools are worried about their TV Contract money.  

BYU will be calling ESPN first and foremost.

I don't think the MWC is an ESPN property anymore, so BYU calling the AAC makes more sense.   I can't recall what Boise is doing (they sued the MWC for breach of contract, when the MWC all voted to cancel Boise's TV payout)

We'll see how this plays out, if at all.

Lol...when was the last time Bama played a road non conference game?

That would be 2011.  Penn State.  A little ole pandemic wont change that.  But there have been discussions for weeks already about a replacement for USC against Alabama in the Advocare Classic in Arlington.  And its a Big 12 team.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

Lol...when was the last time Bama played a road non conference game?

That would be 2011.  Penn State.  A little ole pandemic wont change that.  But there have been discussions for weeks already about a replacement for USC against Alabama in the Advocare Classic in Arlington.  And its a Big 12 team.

Relax, BYU wants no part of Alabama!

BYU will be lucky with 2 games left on its schedule.

• Like 1

BYU will be stuck playing other Independents, some of them probably twice. I also think they will buy a few home games from BIG sky schools like Weber State or Southern Utah. 

18 hours ago, Billings said:

BYU will be lucky with 2 games left on its schedule.

Hoping Wyoming and BYU can work something out.

Little bird told me that when the MWC was looking at basketball schools to boost the conference they're was a total of six schools getting looked at. BYU was not one of them. This we all know. BUT, each school got voted on getting an invite. BYU was the only school that got less than 2 votes. So, basically Utah State voted yes and the rest didn't.

BYU needs to talk to the AAC or Big 12. The Big 12 only has 10 teams so they could use a few more school to play a full schedule.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

No

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Quite frankly NM may push for us to help NM State.   Not sure if we can help both.  

Why would we want to help NMSU out? If there is any pressure it would come from the Commie in the Governor’s office and her comrades in the legislature. Other than that, Lobo fans could give two shits about the Aggies.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

F-ck that and f-ck byu*.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Why would we want to help NMSU out? If there is any pressure it would come from the Commie in the Governor’s office and her comrades in the legislature. Other than that, Lobo fans could give two shits about the Aggies.

LOL,  of course both fan bases care about the games.  To suggest otherwise is either being disingenuous or flat our lying.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you don't believe me, just take a look at attendance when NMSU games versus your average for all others.  NMSU and UNM will continue to play every year in football, basketball, and baseball long past when this mess of an athletic year blows over.  You may say you don't care, but deep down we know how Lobo fans really feel.  Attendance proves it.  We may not see you guys in 2020, but we'll see you for sure again in 2021 and every year after.  Just like it's always been.

I do find the Ibanez vs BYU fans posts highly entertaining.  No one knows how this is going to play out, but i predict if there is a season both BYU and NMSU will find plenty of games.  I also highly doubt there will be a fall season.  Numbers are trending in wrong direction.  We'll know by first week of August.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alum93 said:

LOL,  of course both fan bases care about the games.  To suggest otherwise is either being disingenuous or flat our lying.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you don't believe me, just take a look at attendance when NMSU games versus your average for all others.  NMSU and UNM will continue to play every year in football, basketball, and baseball long past when this mess of an athletic year blows over.  You may say you don't care, but deep down we know how Lobo fans really feel.  Attendance proves it.  We may not see you guys in 2020, but we'll see you for sure again in 2021 and every year after.  Just like it's always been.

I do find the Ibanez vs BYU fans posts highly entertaining.  No one knows how this is going to play out, but i predict if there is a season both BYU and NMSU will find plenty of games.  I also highly doubt there will be a fall season.  Numbers are trending in wrong direction.  We'll know by first week of August.

BYU, NMSU and WYOMING need to do a conference call.

Wyoming lost 3 games already.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, #1Stunner said:

Let's see what happens.

Schools have a budget to keep. If 2020 is played BYU will be in MWC or they will get games from MWC teams. A lot of possibilities. It’s 50/50 if the season happens. No way it happens except for money football provides the schools. 

• Like 1