sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Just found out: Mountain West told BYU and New Mexico State no. Mountain West is leaning toward a conference only schedule. 

New Mexico has contacted the Big Sky, Southland, and Missouri Valley. Might be looking at a move to FCS. 

PAC-12 still saying no season but discussing a conference only model with other P5 conferences. 

Maybe now BYU will realize just how stupid they are. Their little temper tantrum has cost them a season. Time for them to pull their heads out of their asses and come home. 
I’m enjoying the hell out of this! It’s a beautiful thing to watch Karma go full on Karen in real time.

• Haha 1

I went to the BYU message board and what is on the front page? A thread about Utah and boob jobs lol

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 1.29.05 PM.png

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Maybe now BYU will realize just how stupid they are. Their little temper tantrum has cost them a season. Time for them to pull their heads out of their asses and come home. 
I’m enjoying the hell out of this! It’s a beautiful thing to watch Karma go full on Karen in real time.

Honestly I am not a fan of playing conference only games in football and basketball. Football I can understand but basketball?

See where SEC is giving conflicting reports? Alabama AD is saying they are playing USC the first game of the season. About the same time, Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner said they are meeting in Birmingham Monday to discuss a conference only model. It's hilarious. I am gonna go look at the New Mexico State forums and see if they are aware.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Honestly I am not a fan of playing conference only games in football and basketball. Football I can understand but basketball?

See where SEX is giving conflict ing reports? Alabama AD is saying they are playing USC the first game of the season. About the same time, Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner said they are meeting in Birmingham Monday to discuss a conference only model. It's hilarious. I am gonna go look at the New Mexico State forums and see if they are aware.

I understand why teams are going to a league only model. You can control the schedule better without 3-4 other games in there. You can also mandate testing throughout the conference so it's standardized, and you can't do that with your non league opponents. 

I just don't think we're going to have any football this fall. Might be possible in the spring.

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

I went to the BYU message board and what is on the front page? A thread about Utah and boob jobs lol

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 1.29.05 PM.png

Jesus Bob, don't leave us hanging...implant some boob job text!

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I understand why teams are going to a league only model. You can control the schedule better without 3-4 other games in there. You can also mandate testing throughout the conference so it's standardized, and you can't do that with your non league opponents. 

I just don't think we're going to have any football this fall. Might be possible in the spring.

Yep. I don't think it's a personal thing. Its about being able to control their environment better and being able to change things on the fly quicker.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yep. I don't think it's a personal thing. Its about being able to control their environment better and being able to change things on the fly quicker.

Yup. 

If someone gets an outbreak, you can have some flexibility with dates later in the season as well. League only season with increased league game still has some value to the networks, especially in the face of potentially not having butts in the seats. The networks are going to take some loss on revenue due to big games like Oregon/tOSU being cancelled. Can still salvage things, however.

I don't think it's personal either. Was kind of looking forward to FSU coming to play up there, however. I think the ACC will go conf only with ND included in that.

6 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Jesus Bob, don't leave us hanging...implant some boob job text!

Ugh the format of that message board is horrendous, anyway, this one made me laugh

1123953732_ScreenShot2020-07-10at1_53_43PM.png.6e1e4d004e82b82155514ec811b36e13.png

933011299_ScreenShot2020-07-10at1_53_57PM.png.a368fb745dfdbd19ecee89cb858f7bb1.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Yup. 

If someone gets an outbreak, you can have some flexibility with dates later in the season as well. League only season with increased league game still has some value to the networks, especially in the face of potentially not having butts in the seats. The networks are going to take some loss on revenue due to big games like Oregon/tOSU being cancelled. Can still salvage things, however.

I don't think it's personal either. Was kind of looking forward to FSU coming to play up there, however. I think the ACC will go conf only with ND included in that.

I think they already did if I'm not mistaken. Haven't heard a blip from the Big-12 and the PAC-12 postponed their decision yesterday. Hearing Sankey say they need to be honest with themselves has me worried there will be no football at all.

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That is unfortunately where I think we're headed, no season.

Yeah, conference only talk seems like just stalling for time.

Bring on football in the spring and push the 2021 season out a few months.

Like it or not, BYU is better poised financially to weather a season without football revenue than the rest of us. The institution that backs them is extremely liquid. I have a massive package.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

That is unfortunately where I think we're headed, no season.

I hate that you are right. 

BYU would make a good replacement to play @Wyoming in place of Utah and @UNLV in place of Cal/ASU. Add Hawaii, Fresno, Nevada or SJSU with the first game of a new series in Provo and BYU would have 6 MWC games - 3 home, 3 road.

Like it or not, BYU @ Boise State, BYU @ Wyoming, and BYU @ UNLV would be some of the best MWC TV broadcasts of the redacted season. 

For a 9 or 10-game schedule, BYU could fill the remaining holes with UConn, Army, UMass, Liberty, or NMSU.

That's a very reasonable and realistic scenario and much better than no football.

41 minutes ago, YNot said:

BYU would make a good replacement to play @Wyoming in place of Utah and @UNLV in place of Cal/ASU. Add Hawaii, Fresno, Nevada or SJSU with the first game of a new series in Provo and BYU would have 6 MWC games - 3 home, 3 road.

Like it or not, BYU @ Boise State, BYU @ Wyoming, and BYU @ UNLV would be some of the best MWC TV broadcasts of the redacted season. 

For a 9 or 10-game schedule, BYU could fill the remaining holes with UConn, Army, UMass, Liberty, or NMSU.

That's a very reasonable and realistic scenario and much better than no football.

Except the point of a conference only season is not to add games.  It is to lose 4 games and that gives you scheduling space to deal with problems and keep travel and exposure down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YNot said:

But the Mountain West already said no to BYU (And NMSU). The MWC is doing a 10 or 11 game season plus a championship game. Everyone will have a Bye week on the same week. If they play anyone else it's gonna be a P5 money game and it's gonna be the first game of the season or the last game of the season on the same week. Again, BYU was told no thanks. The MWC needs to be able to control their environment and make changes quickly. BYU would make things difficult. My guess is conferences don't wanna mess this up if they decide to play. Every conference is gonna come up with a strict protocol and follow it 💯%.

BYU isn't on any conferences radar. There is no reason for them to be.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Sorry @robe. You need to lay off the caffeine. There literally is no reason for anyone to help BYU, Liberty, Army, New Mexico State, UMa..... Oh no, poor NMSU. Anyway, BYU is in a tough spot. Does Pepperdine play football? 

Quite frankly NM may push for us to help NM State.   Not sure if we can help both.  

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

See where SEC is giving conflicting reports? Alabama AD is saying they are playing USC the first game of the season. About the same time, Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner said they are meeting in Birmingham Monday to discuss a conference only model. It's hilarious. I am gonna go look at the New Mexico State forums and see if they are aware.

Well Pac just announced playing Conference only say the USC Alabama game isn’t happening.  

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well Pac just announced playing Conference only say the USC Alabama game isn’t happening.  

Yeah. No offense but that was posted 5 hours ago.