Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

Since moving to Indepedent BYU is 70-47 in football and has been moving backwards of late. They’ve had 1 combined AP/Coaches poll top 25 finish (25th in coaches poll in 2011). While BYU doesn’t “need” the mwc, it’s becoming clear they’d be better off in the MWC at least from a football program perspective. Also yes BYU would also benefit the mwc. I personally thought at first BYU moving to Indy made a lot of sense but it’s appeared to back fire from every perspective except your schools wallets. 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, alum93 said:

Yes, you just insulted more than half this board and the majority on this thread.  Great job.  Maybe you won't get better. 

No basements around here.

So I'm good...

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Since moving to Indepedent BYU is 70-47 in football and has been moving backwards of late. They’ve had 1 combined AP/Coaches poll top 25 finish (25th in coaches poll in 2011). While BYU doesn’t “need” the mwc, it’s becoming clear they’d be better off in the MWC at least from a football program perspective. Also yes BYU would also benefit the mwc. I personally thought at first BYU moving to Indy made a lot of sense but it’s appeared to back fire from every perspective except your schools wallets. 

We've had a bad coaching hire.   Coaches are huge in college football.

You guys had a dream coach in Rocky Long.   

I don't see BYU improving in football if and until they hire a better head coach, or at least get better assistants (our Defensive Coordinator is unqualified)  

Basketball is a different story.  Recent hire Mark Pope has the program on the upswing.   BYU was ranked in the top 25 in basketball last season.