Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

53 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Why would we want to help NMSU out? If there is any pressure it would come from the Commie in the Governor’s office and her comrades in the legislature. Other than that, Lobo fans could give two shits about the Aggies.

LOL,  of course both fan bases care about the games.  To suggest otherwise is either being disingenuous or flat our lying.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you don't believe me, just take a look at attendance when NMSU games versus your average for all others.  NMSU and UNM will continue to play every year in football, basketball, and baseball long past when this mess of an athletic year blows over.  You may say you don't care, but deep down we know how Lobo fans really feel.  Attendance proves it.  We may not see you guys in 2020, but we'll see you for sure again in 2021 and every year after.  Just like it's always been.

I do find the Ibanez vs BYU fans posts highly entertaining.  No one knows how this is going to play out, but i predict if there is a season both BYU and NMSU will find plenty of games.  I also highly doubt there will be a fall season.  Numbers are trending in wrong direction.  We'll know by first week of August.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, alum93 said:

LOL,  of course both fan bases care about the games.  To suggest otherwise is either being disingenuous or flat our lying.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you don't believe me, just take a look at attendance when NMSU games versus your average for all others.  NMSU and UNM will continue to play every year in football, basketball, and baseball long past when this mess of an athletic year blows over.  You may say you don't care, but deep down we know how Lobo fans really feel.  Attendance proves it.  We may not see you guys in 2020, but we'll see you for sure again in 2021 and every year after.  Just like it's always been.

I do find the Ibanez vs BYU fans posts highly entertaining.  No one knows how this is going to play out, but i predict if there is a season both BYU and NMSU will find plenty of games.  I also highly doubt there will be a fall season.  Numbers are trending in wrong direction.  We'll know by first week of August.

BYU, NMSU and WYOMING need to do a conference call.

Wyoming lost 3 games already.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, #1Stunner said:

When have the MWC schools ever followed the edicts of Hair Thompson?

I remember Hair got giddy and implemented a scheduling ban of BYU, and UNLV, Boise, and USU ignored it and promptly scheduled BYU.

Let's see what happens.

Schools have a budget to keep. If 2020 is played BYU will be in MWC or they will get games from MWC teams. A lot of possibilities. It’s 50/50 if the season happens. No way it happens except for money football provides the schools. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

Why would we want to help NMSU out? If there is any pressure it would come from the Commie in the Governor’s office and her comrades in the legislature. Other than that, Lobo fans could give two shits about the Aggies.

I think you answered your own question.  

3 hours ago, robe said:

Schools have a budget to keep. If 2020 is played BYU will be in MWC or they will get games from MWC teams. A lot of possibilities. It’s 50/50 if the season happens. No way it happens except for money football provides the schools. 

I think they either play a MWC schedule or nothing at all.   Conferences will need flexibility to get games done.   

if they decide to add BYU and NM State, I hope  for this season the move Boise State to the west and put BYU and NMSU in the East.   

Boise Fresno, Boise Nevada, Boise SDSU are all games with plenty of hate.... Nevada should have their granny pushing ready to go....

Meanwhile I’m not sure enough piss bombs exist for BYU Wyoming, BYU Colorado State and BYU New Mexico.   The BYU AF game might be the only game where people hope AF dives at knees.   

Regardless it would be Must watch TV.  

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I think they either play a MWC schedule or nothing at all.   Conferences will need flexibility to get games done.   

if they decide to add BYU and NM State, I hope  for this season the move Boise State to the west and put BYU and NMSU in the East.   

Boise Fresno, Boise Nevada, Boise SDSU are all games with plenty of hate.... Nevada should have their granny pushing ready to go....

Meanwhile I’m not sure enough piss bombs exist for BYU Wyoming, BYU Colorado State and BYU New Mexico.   The BYU AF game might be the only game where people hope AF dives at knees.   

Regardless it would be Must watch TV.  

Well I hope that still Exist. Outside of this forum I don’t know if the rivalry’s are that intense anymore on either side. I don’t think the casual fan on either side cares much. Even the old dogs like us aren’t as fired up.  It’s now 9 years. I’d prefer Hawaii.  The other 3 I prefer we already play SDSU, BSU and USU. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, alum93 said:

We may care about the rivalry game, but don’t kid yourself, no one other than NMSU fan gives a shit about the rest of the Aggies schedule. 

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

We may care about the rivalry game, but don’t kid yourself, no one other than NMSU fan gives a shit about the rest of the Aggies schedule. 

Yes, i was referring to the rivalry game.  The schedule stuff will either work itself out or it won't for fall of 2020 for NMSU.  I still think things will be back to normal for 2021.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:28 PM, sean327 said:

Ah yes, the unm vs. nmsu game.  The pillow fight every year.  Two teams that historically have not been able to field a football team.  

E25948F0-36EB-4B54-AF1B-6F7ED26F5D93.jpeg

18 minutes ago, RamDFW said:

Ah yes, the unm vs. nmsu game.  The pillow fight every year.  Two teams that historically have not been able to field a football team.  

E25948F0-36EB-4B54-AF1B-6F7ED26F5D93.jpeg

15 posts huh.  Well, keep trying.  You'll get better.

1 minute ago, RamDFW said:

3,336 posts.  It's time to get out of your mom's basement, dude. 

Yes, you just insulted more than half this board and the majority on this thread.  Great job.  Maybe you won't get better. 

1 hour ago, RamDFW said:

3,336 posts.  It's time to get out of your mom's basement, dude. 

20k plus posts here, posting since I was 15.

Tell yer mom I prefer random, spastic licking when she is doing the business eating my ass, that clockwise stuff suck.