Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

I asked you to point out the writers in B12 country that have BYU/ND to the Big 12 articles.  You won't - or can't.  Didn't think it was that difficult a question....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

No doubt. You know the USU athletic department is having an emergency all-hands meeting to figure out how they can help their beloved Cougars. Is Stan Albrecht still their president? Fuuuuuck that guy.

We need to schedule a 2 for 1 between BYU and Colorado State (2 games in Fort Collins, 1 in Provo)

I'm telling you, Fort Collins is amazing.  Rams Stadium is something most of us dream about.

Plus, I found out that Stobe the Hobo was a Rams alum.  That's good enough for me.

11 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Tread lightly around @sean327.   His heart is made out of solid ice!  And he claims to be Special Forces in the military.

Sean, we used to count on you sticking up for us!!!!

Never claimed SF, I’m just an old broke down retired Marine. And I still hate BYU.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Never claimed SF, I’m just an old broke down retired Marine. And I still hate BYU.

Sean, I assume you are Irish?  BYU could use some help from the Irish Catholics with their football schedule this season.

11 hours ago, Warbow said:

Yes and boot Nevada out instead.

Half Baked Reaction GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Sean, I assume you are Irish?  BYU could use some help from the Irish Catholics with their football schedule this season.

Wrong again my Borg friend. I’m Latino. My parents have a sick sense of humor as you can see by my Irish first name. I am Catholic though. 
Here’s a good story that will make you smile:

Back when I was in high school, early 80’s, I was watching a BYU/ Notre Dame game with my Dad. During this game I’m rooting for BYU only because of their WAC membership. My Dad turns to me and says “ you know you’re gonna go to hell if you root for the Mormons over the Catholics.” I also secretly rooted for BYU to beat Michigan in the 1986 Holiday Bowl. 

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Wrong again my Borg friend. I’m Latino. My parents have a sick sense of humor as you can see by my Irish first name. I am Catholic though. 
Here’s a good story that will make you smile:

Back when I was in high school, early 80’s, I was watching a BYU/ Notre Dame game with my Dad. During this game I’m rooting for BYU only because of their WAC membership. My Dad turns to me and says “ you know you’re gonna go to hell if you root for the Mormons over the Catholics.” I also secretly rooted for BYU to beat Michigan in the 1986 Holiday Bowl. 

Sean, there is some good in you deep down after all...

Sean, we need more former Marines to cheer on BYU.   

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Sean, there is some good in you deep down after all...

Sean, we need more former Marines to cheer on BYU.   

No such thing as a “former” Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

I love trolling you guys, In all seriousness I would love to see BYU back with the band. Every conference needs a villain.

Guest #1Stunner
16 minutes ago, sean327 said:

No such thing as a “former” Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

I love trolling you guys, In all seriousness I would love to see BYU back with the band. Every conference needs a villain.

Sean, next time BYU plays UNM, I'll buy you an Ice Cream.  You've earned it, brother!!

41 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I am Irish, Catholic, AND from Chicago.

Hate ND.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise (BYU's Cousin) will intervene and make sure BYU is taken care of.   

Family (ESPN).

Also, don't discount USU and Hawaii.

Friend, I'm going to push John David to honor our contract with BYU and play the game this November.  I'm coming to the game and will treat you to a cougar tail and ice cream.

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Friend, I'm going to push John David to honor our contract with BYU and play the game this November.  I'm coming to the game and will treat you to a cougar tail and ice cream.

This the greatest Aztec gesture of friendship of all time.  ^^^^

Yes, please bring the entire Fowl Family----Cougar Tails and Ice Cream is on me!!!!

14 hours ago, robe said:

It died. Really 2nd in attendance in the west. Damn BYU’s death is better than most teams living large. That one statement discredits what you said. 

These are facts. You deal in emotions. Ratings are high, attendance is very high in the west. Absolute facts. Money is also at an all time high. 

to build a good program you need ratings, attendance and money. BYU is hitting it out of the park. You don’t like it but it doesn’t eliminate the facts. 

Jack let me repeat BYU regardless of what you say is hitting it out of the park. The on field performance I agree has been up and down. BYU is doing awesome considering we are down. We beat USC and Tenn in a down year using a sophomore QB and then all the way to a 4th string QB. I suspect that 95% of teams would have done worse last year. The schedule was brutal along with the injuries. 

You are what I hate about BYU fans. The biggest whiners in the country. Selfish arrogant pricks who think we should we 10 games a year when only a handful of teams do that. 

we have had Luke Staley, Taysom Hill, Ty Detmer, Austin Collie. 4 of the most dominant College players I have ever seen. Blessed to be a BYU fan.

You really are the worst kind of fan because you lap up the porridge they give you and never expect better from our storied program.

BYU is not hitting it out of the park. I don't cheer for TV contracts. I don't cheer for revenue. I cheer for a team that finished ranked more often than not the first 35 years or my life, and hasn't since they went down this stupid, misguided path of independence. There's no excuse for some of the losses we had last year to teams like Toledo and South Florida.

You don't expect greatness. You just enjoy the ride instead of expecting better. I know what good times look like at BYU, and this last decade ain't it.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Half Baked Reaction GIF

This Gif seems racist, I don’t know, I’ll let the site owner decide.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 hours ago, robe said:

There is another article that says nearly exactly what I said. Do a google search and read all 3 articles. Do Lord I use facts. Occasionally for fun I’ll Indulge in speculation. 

let me speak some more truth to you guys. The opinions about BYU on here are a minority opinion. Further most opinions share by BYU haters are not based on facts but by some childhood Incident at a football game. Your schools leadership doesn’t share your opinion. 

Regardless. BYU will be fine. 9 years into Independence and the Athletic program, ratings and attendance are one of the top in the West. Facts that Jack Bauer and others don’t seem to get or appreciate. 

Again let me repeat for the Jack Bauer’s of the world. 9 years into Independence BYU has more than doubled revenue. BYU is one of the most successful, highest rated, highest attendance in the West. Chew on them facts you morons. 

15647906.gif

You cooking the books again? 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Just found out: Mountain West told BYU and New Mexico State no. Mountain West is leaning toward a conference only schedule. 

New Mexico has contacted the Big Sky, Southland, and Missouri Valley. Might be looking at a move to FCS. 

PAC-12 still saying no season but discussing a conference only model with other P5 conferences. 

Maybe now BYU will realize just how stupid they are. Their little temper tantrum has cost them a season. Time for them to pull their heads out of their asses and come home. 
I’m enjoying the hell out of this! It’s a beautiful thing to watch Karma go full on Karen in real time.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Honestly I am not a fan of playing conference only games in football and basketball. Football I can understand but basketball?

See where SEX is giving conflict ing reports? Alabama AD is saying they are playing USC the first game of the season. About the same time, Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner said they are meeting in Birmingham Monday to discuss a conference only model. It's hilarious. I am gonna go look at the New Mexico State forums and see if they are aware.

I understand why teams are going to a league only model. You can control the schedule better without 3-4 other games in there. You can also mandate testing throughout the conference so it's standardized, and you can't do that with your non league opponents. 

I just don't think we're going to have any football this fall. Might be possible in the spring.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Yep. I don't think it's a personal thing. Its about being able to control their environment better and being able to change things on the fly quicker.

Yup. 

If someone gets an outbreak, you can have some flexibility with dates later in the season as well. League only season with increased league game still has some value to the networks, especially in the face of potentially not having butts in the seats. The networks are going to take some loss on revenue due to big games like Oregon/tOSU being cancelled. Can still salvage things, however.

I don't think it's personal either. Was kind of looking forward to FSU coming to play up there, however. I think the ACC will go conf only with ND included in that.