Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure, throw your T.V. revenue in a pool with the MWC's to be divided evenly, after the Boise cut of course.  And pay travel subs.  Also, you provide the after game snacks for both teams.

It will come down to a vote (the AD's do not vote, the presidents do)  Doubt the votes are there unless you come back permanently. 

You have 26 million on the line.  Pressure is on BYU to make it sexy enough.  Not us.  We could give two craps what ESPN says, we are leaving them.

TV partners aren’t going to be saying that. This what will be said to the MWC. Get BYU in, give them what they want. What you are saying is a pipe dream.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 minute ago, robe said:

TV partners aren’t going to be saying that. This what will be said to the MWC. Get BYU in, give them what they want. What you are saying is a pipe dream.

We have new partners.  ESPN has to pay us regardless of what we do with BYU.  We could not care less what they say.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We have new partners.  ESPN has to pay us regardless of what we do with BYU.  We could not care less what they say.

You could care less. The TV partners will say get BYU in. . I would assume the MWC will want to keep a good relationship with its TV partners and listen.

below is the revenue for BYU. This says 67 million. I’ll see if I still have my 2016 cougar club EOY info. I wonder if they still post the info anymore.

ill reup this week.

https://espn960sports.com/byu/byu-football-revenues-how-independence-is-sustainable/

8 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

If it’s conference only would mwc take them for just 1 year?

Yes and boot Nevada out instead.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/7/9/21319406/byu-football-byu-statement-on-big-ten-covid-19-college-football-minnesota-michigan-state

BYU per article is in discussion with Independents. 

it looks like Liberty, Umass, NMS and UCONN unless Wyoming and UNLV break ranks with MWC. 

24 minutes ago, robe said:

You could care less. The TV partners will say get BYU in. . I would assume the MWC will want to keep a good relationship with its TV partners and listen.

below is the revenue for BYU. This says 67 million. I’ll see if I still have my 2016 cougar club EOY info. I wonder if they still post the info anymore.

ill reup this week.

https://espn960sports.com/byu/byu-football-revenues-how-independence-is-sustainable/

Again, talking football revenue.  The last year it was reported separately was 2016 and it was 26 million.  Maybe it is a lot more than that now?  If so you have even more to lose and are in a worse position, not a better one.

The MWC already told ESPN to pound sound.  Divide up your T.V. revenue, pay us travel subs, pay a one year 5 million dollar entrance fee and bring the snacks.  We want ice cream in the fall and smoores in the winter.  

@Ibanez can confirm his sources have said this is the only way forward.

8 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

We're below them and they're below us

Ya I heard you the first time

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

The MW is byu's 2 am booty call. 

BYU would be passed out drunk from root beer

Any discussion about Brigham Young must account for who would be leading the talks from the Mountain West side. 

S4F7IA7RAFGKDALIV3OFYHFF6A.jpg

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Also, don't discount USU and Hawaii.

No doubt. You know the USU athletic department is having an emergency all-hands meeting to figure out how they can help their beloved Cougars. Is Stan Albrecht still their president? Fuuuuuck that guy.

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You get more delusional the longer this thread goes on. 

Hello you moron. That isn’t my opinion. I was sharing an opinion of the writers in B12 country. Good Lord I’m surrounded by idiots.

7 minutes ago, robe said:

Hello you moron. That isn’t my opinion. I was sharing an opinion of the writers in B12 country. Good Lord I’m surrounded by idiots.

Would you care to point out which ones?  The only 'BYU and ND to the Big 12' I see here in B12 country is a single spare opinion piece by a UT blogger in what's left of Sports Illustrated.  And a not very bright one at that, since ND really doesnt need the help.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 hours ago, RamDFW said:

This. 

There are a number of P5 programs that BYU is in a better spot than. BYU athletic program despite whining BYU fans and morons on here is doing well. I believe we are in the top 1/3 of P5 programs. 

So yes most P5 teams would love to have the success of BYU. Would they trade places, of course not. There is a reason I’m a millionaire and a manager. I’m smarter than all but a handful of you morons.

Let me restate my position. BYU and the MWC should join forces this year. But I’ve had to speak the truth to all the people who live in fantasy land. My IQ is dropping by just engaging most of you. 

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Would you care to point out which ones?  The only 'BYU and ND to the Big 12' I see here in B12 country is a single spare opinion piece by a UT blogger in what's left of Sports Illustrated.  And a not very bright one at that, since ND really doesnt need the help.

There is another article that says nearly exactly what I said. Do a google search and read all 3 articles. Do Lord I use facts. Occasionally for fun I’ll Indulge in speculation. 

let me speak some more truth to you guys. The opinions about BYU on here are a minority opinion. Further most opinions share by BYU haters are not based on facts but by some childhood Incident at a football game. Your schools leadership doesn’t share your opinion. 

Regardless. BYU will be fine. 9 years into Independence and the Athletic program, ratings and attendance are one of the top in the West. Facts that Jack Bauer and others don’t seem to get or appreciate. 

Again let me repeat for the Jack Bauer’s of the world. 9 years into Independence BYU has more than doubled revenue. BYU is one of the most successful, highest rated, highest attendance in the West. Chew on them facts you morons. 

So, you have nothing.

that's all you had to say.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I did research 2 years ago. That showed BYU was 1st in TV ratings by time slot and channel.  If I have time I’ll redo it for 2019. Interesting data. Morons from the AAC were comparing prime time ABC to espn2 at 10:00. We hold our own in prime time as well anyway.

blah blah blah. BYU is terrible. Sure until you look at the facts. 

BSU does well to. They were 2nd or 3rd.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

So, you have nothing.

that's all you had to say.

You look it up. I’ve proven myself over and over. I’m the master you are the learner. You prove what I said was wrong. Read all three and post my proof please.