Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Name one way we've done better besides more money. I'll wait.

As for the OP, I don't see why BYU would approach the MWC about joining for a year. Makes no sense at all to me.

There is always good and bad to any decisions. BYU has had a lot more exposure. 7-6 last year and we beat USC and Tenn. personally I would prefer that to 10-2 in the MWC. BYU football has been very entertaining. Most programs including some P5 would love to be in our shoes. BYU fans are spoiled rotten morons. 2019 was a fun and enjoyable year for football. 2019 in MWC wouldn’t have been as thrilling. 

Jack our TV ratings are solid. Combined attendance has been very good in the slumping west. This is with a disappointing football team.  P5 would be much better. But MWC at this point is a step back. 

BYU has done everything it possibly could. What choice would have made anything better. 

let me repeat BYU fans are spoiled rotten. Enjoy the ride.

Independence overall has been good. A lot of big football and basketball wins. What more can any fan ask for.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 minutes ago, robe said:

There is always good and bad to any decisions. BYU has had a lot more exposure. 7-6 last year and we beat USC and Tenn. personally I would prefer that to 10-2 in the MWC. BYU football has been very entertaining. Most programs including some P5 would love to be in our shoes. BYU fans are spoiled rotten morons. 2019 was a fun and enjoyable year for football. 2019 in MWC wouldn’t have been as thrilling. 

Jack our TV ratings are solid. Combined attendance has been very good in the slumping west. This is with a disappointing football team.  P5 would be much better. But MWC at this point is a step back. 

BYU has done everything it possibly could. What choice would have made anything better. 

Independence overall has been good. A lot of big football and basketball wins. What more can any fan ask for.

Lol, not a single P5 would dream of trading places with BYU.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Join for good, bring Gonzaga with you.  That should trigger a T.V. renegotiation and add another 750k per team.  

No reason to. 

25 minutes ago, sean327 said:

You guys went Indy, live with it. No one needs BYU, get over yourselves. You can always reach out to the Big Sky.....

Ha ha. Dream on Sean. I’m all for BYU and NM joining a basketball conference together. Nothing but respect for NM fans. Most are great fans. But fans like you are the best. The BYU legacy lives on in you. You need to keep preaching you have my full support. 

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I can think of 26 million reasons to.  

BYU’s revenue in 2018 was only 2 or 3 million below Utah’s. MWC isn’t going to improve that.  Besides we play BSU and USU each year. None of those teams is dumping those games

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Sorry @robe. You need to lay off the caffeine. There literally is no reason for anyone to help BYU, Liberty, Army, New Mexico State, UMa..... Oh no, poor NMSU. Anyway, BYU is in a tough spot. Does Pepperdine play football? 

The sky is falling. You sound like the 2011 doom and gloomers. BYU is going to fine. 

19 minutes ago, robe said:

Exposure is a dumb reason to go indy.

If you wanted to see BYU before being indy, you could see BYU. 2019 was stupid and we lost multiple games we shouldn't have. It doesn't matter if you beat USC and Tennessee if you lose to South Florida, Hawaii, and Toledo.

Indy is a huge waste of time from a egotistical athletic director that had a knee jerk reaction to Utah getting a call. Then they went indy and instead of becoming a solution to the Big 12's problems, they doubled down, a move that will forever cripple BYU athletics..

BYU football died in 2011 when we went indy. You just haven't realized it yet.

Haven't finished ranked since going indy. School claims to be trying to be P5, but won't fund it like a P5. Athletic director forces coaches on the head coach. Athletic director can't get higher ups on board with important decisions. Athletic director gets school on probation for bball violations. School claims most money in history, fails to reinvest in itself, and continues to shoot itself in foot with outdated honor coade.

Indy is stupid. Especially now that we currently have 7 games on the schedule.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

9 minutes ago, robe said:

BYU’s revenue in 2018 was only 2 or 3 million below Utah’s. MWC isn’t going to improve that.  Besides we play BSU and USU each year. None of those teams is dumping those games

Sure we are, if the OOC season gets cancelled by the conference.  Your last reported year for football revenue, 2016, you made 26 million.  You are looking at not having a season right now.

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Exposure is a dumb reason to go indy.

If you wanted to see BYU before being indy, you could see BYU. 2019 was stupid and we lost multiple games we shouldn't have. It doesn't matter if you beat USC and Tennessee if you lose to South Florida, Hawaii, and Toledo.

Indy is a huge waste of time from a egotistical athletic director that had a knee jerk reaction to Utah getting a call. Then they went indy and instead of becoming a solution to the Big 12's problems, they doubled down, a move that will forever cripple BYU athletics..

BYU football died in 2011 when we went indy. You just haven't realized it yet.

Haven't finished ranked since going indy. School claims to be trying to be P5, but won't fund it like a P5. Athletic director forces coaches on the head coach. Athletic director can't get higher ups on board with important decisions. Athletic director gets school on probation for bball violations. School claims most money in history, fails to reinvest in itself, and continues to shoot itself in foot with outdated honor coade.

Indy is stupid. Especially now that we currently have 7 games on the schedule.

It died. Really 2nd in attendance in the west. Damn BYU’s death is better than most teams living large. That one statement discredits what you said. 

These are facts. You deal in emotions. Ratings are high, attendance is very high in the west. Absolute facts. Money is also at an all time high. 

to build a good program you need ratings, attendance and money. BYU is hitting it out of the park. You don’t like it but it doesn’t eliminate the facts. 

Jack let me repeat BYU regardless of what you say is hitting it out of the park. The on field performance I agree has been up and down. BYU is doing awesome considering we are down. We beat USC and Tenn in a down year using a sophomore QB and then all the way to a 4th string QB. I suspect that 95% of teams would have done worse last year. The schedule was brutal along with the injuries. 

You are what I hate about BYU fans. The biggest whiners in the country. Selfish arrogant pricks who think we should we 10 games a year when only a handful of teams do that. 

we have had Luke Staley, Taysom Hill, Ty Detmer, Austin Collie. 4 of the most dominant College players I have ever seen. Blessed to be a BYU fan.

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure we are, if the OOC season gets cancelled by the conference.  Your last reported year for football revenue, 2016, you made 26 million.  You are looking at not having a season right now.

Overall athletic revenue.

8 minutes ago, robe said:

Overall athletic revenue.

And I am saying that overall revenue is about to take 26 million dollar haircut, give or take,.  BYU needs the MWC a lot more than the MWC needs BYU. Would you be willing to pay travel subs?

Guest #1Stunner
49 minutes ago, robe said:

Ha ha. Dream on Sean.

I’m all for BYU and NM joining a basketball conference together. Nothing but respect for NM fans. Most are great fans. But fans like you are the best. The BYU legacy lives on in you. You need to keep preaching you have my full support. 

Tread lightly around @sean327.   His heart is made out of solid ice!  And he claims to be Special Forces in the military.

Sean, we used to count on you sticking up for us!!!!

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And I am saying that overall revenue is about to take 26 million dollar haircut, give or take,.  BYU needs the MWC a lot more than the MWC needs BYU. Would you be willing to pay travel subs?

From what I recall. I believe it was north of 80 million. BYU needs MWC more? You have absolutely no facts to back that up. In fact since 2011 the facts are clearly this. The MWC teams are finding it harder to schedule BYU. I believe we only played 3 MWC teams a year now. With 2 of them being yearly rivals. 

I’ll use the facts you are just speculating. You could be right but clearly the facts are on my side.

TV exposure alone BYU will be able to pick up at least 3 MWC teams plus and assortment of Indy, AAC and Conf USA teams. I’m not worried. 

Let me repeat. BYU and MWC should get together this year. I’m just responding to you lunacy. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise (BYU's Cousin) will intervene and make sure BYU is taken care of.   

Family (ESPN).

Also, don't discount USU and Hawaii.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Tread light around @sean327.   His heart is made out of solid ice!  And he claims to be Special Forces in the military.

Sean, we used to count on you sticking up for us!!!!

I love the Guy. Sean thank you for service.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Boise (BYU's Cousin) will intervene and make sure BYU is taken care of.   

Family (ESPN).

Also, don't discount USU and Hawaii.

I am sure our AD will be on your side.  We tied at the hip in a lot of ways.  A lot of powerful Mormons in this city!  However if we cancel the OOC season, not much we can do other than lobby for a scheduling agreement with you guys.  I have a feeling the votes will not be there.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am sure our AD will be on your side.  We tied at the hip in a lot of ways.  A lot of powerful Mormons in this city!  However if we cancel the OOC season, not much we can do other than lobby for a scheduling agreement with you guys.  I have a feeling the votes will not be there.

Why do you think that. The AD’s don’t have an agenda like most of the fans around here. TV ratings will be a selling point. If you can’t get P5 teams in, logically you bring BYU in. It makes no sense not to. I guarantee the TV partners are going to put pressure on them to let BYU in or a scheduling agreement. 

4 minutes ago, robe said:

Why do you think that. The AD’s don’t have an agenda like most of the fans around here. TV ratings will be a selling point. If you can’t get P5 teams in, logically you bring BYU in. It makes no sense not to. I guarantee the TV partners are going to put pressure on them to let BYU in or a scheduling agreement. 

Sure, throw your T.V. revenue in a pool with the MWC's to be divided evenly, after the Boise cut of course.  And pay travel subs.  Also, you provide the after game snacks for both teams.

It will come down to a vote (the AD's do not vote, the presidents do)  Doubt the votes are there unless you come back permanently. 

You have 26 million on the line.  Pressure is on BYU to make it sexy enough.  Not us.  We could give two craps what ESPN says, we are leaving them.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I can think of 26 million reasons to.  

I was a cougar club member. I need to re-up. It was at least 65 million back in 16.