Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Byu discussion needs to be had

16 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

If it’s conference only would mwc take them for just 1 year?

No

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

BYU doesn't deal with the MWC, BYU deals with each school individually.

I'm told that UNLV has already made contact with BYU.  

I say we make it work this year with them. Who knows what all of our schedules are going to look like anyway, so why close the door before we need to?

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No.  I like Boise's relationship with BYU but if they want to have a football season, they should swallow their pride and join the MWC for all sports with something like a $20 million exit fee.

How is Boise's lawsuit against the MWC progressing?  Did Boise swallow their pride yet, or are they still demanding most of the TV money?

Just now, #1Stunner said:

How is Boise's lawsuit against the MWC progressing?  Did Boise swallow their pride yet, or are they still demanding most of the TV money?

We should get half the T.V. revenue.  We will settle for a proportional raise, though.

Guest #1Stunner

Right now, I doubt the season is even played this fall.   We'll see.

If the season goes forward, and BYU needs to find games, I won't be surprised if a few MWC schools decide to play BYU.  The Conference Schedule thing isn't as big of a push in the G5 ranks, as it is the P5, because the TV money doesn't matter in G5.  Also, who knows what ESPN will do to line up bigger games.

Otherwise, don't forget, BYU football has sucked the past few years under Sitake.   A garbage schedule would feel like the old WAC days, and might actually boost BYU's confidence some.

Schedule would be filled out with:

UConn

Liberty

NM State

Army

UMass

Notre Dame (probably not)

BYU would need the MWC schools more than the other way around.  If all the P5 conferences follow the B10 lead, suddenly BYU is down to 6 games.  And if the MWC or AAC decide its also not such a bad idea , then the Cougars are looking at a really short season.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, RSF said:

BYU would need the MWC schools more than the other way around.  If all the P5 conferences follow the B10 lead, suddenly BYU is down to 6 games.  And if the MWC or AAC decide its also not such a bad idea , then the Cougars are looking at a really short season.

All of the conferences moving to a 10-game, "Conference Only" schedule.

Is the Big12 going to play some schools twice?   Look for a "filler" school for 1 season? (UConn, BYU, or Army?).  Maybe utilize all 3 for the 10th games?

Otherwise, to respond, not sure what ESPN will do, since they own BYU's TV rights.   Maybe they will pair BYU up with another ESPN Conference for 1 year?  (AAC???)

Guest #1Stunner

Here is what BYU's 2020 schedule looks like (showing the games that would need to be replaced):

2020: 6 Home, 6 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah
Sept 12 – MICHIGAN STATE
Sept 19 – @ Arizona State
Sept 26 – @ Minnesota
Oct 2 – UTAH STATE

Oct 10 – MISSOURI

Oct 16 – HOUSTON
Oct 24 – @ Northern Illinois (SeatGeek Stadium in Chicago)
Nov 6 – @ Boise State
Nov 14 – SAN DIEGO STATE

Nov 21 – NORTH ALABAMA

Nov 28 – @ Stanford

26 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We should get half the T.V. revenue.  We will settle for a proportional raise, though.

Is that still going? 

Lots of games are going to get dropped, imo. This will further marginalize the G5.

We may need each other. I don't see the MWC being like "conference only" but I've been wrong before.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

52 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

No! They made their damn bed, they can suffocate in it.

32 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

All of the conferences moving to a 10-game, "Conference Only" schedule.

Is the Big12 going to play some schools twice?   Look for a "filler" school for 1 season? (UConn, BYU, or Army?).  Maybe utilize all 3 for the 10th games?

Otherwise, to respond, not sure what ESPN will do, since they own BYU's TV rights.   Maybe they will pair BYU up with another ESPN Conference for 1 year?  (AAC???)

Could play 9.  Or have 10.  If AAC goes conference only, I'm sure North Texas wouldnt mind making the 40 minute drive to play TCU to replace SMU, especially since they have 2 AAC schools on their schedule.  Lots of options around here.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

31 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Here is what BYU's 2020 schedule looks like (showing the games that would need to be replaced):

2020: 6 Home, 6 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah
Sept 12 – MICHIGAN STATE
Sept 19 – @ Arizona State
Sept 26 – @ Minnesota
Oct 2 – UTAH STATE

Oct 10 – MISSOURI

Oct 16 – HOUSTON
Oct 24 – @ Northern Illinois (SeatGeek Stadium in Chicago)
Nov 6 – @ Boise State
Nov 14 – SAN DIEGO STATE

Nov 21 – NORTH ALABAMA

Nov 28 – @ Stanford

Add Utah, ASU and Stanford to MSU and UMinn on that list in a day or 2.

And the NIU game is no longer in Chicago.  Moved to Dekalb.

35 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Is that still going? 

Lots of games are going to get dropped, imo. This will further marginalize the G5.

We may need each other. I don't see the MWC being like "conference only" but I've been wrong before.

Yeah, lawsuit is still going.

I expecting every conference will be conference only.