Jump to content
nvspuds

Nevada Recruiting 2021.

Recommended Posts

The Pack just received a verbal for 21 from Nick Davidson, 6'10 PF from Mater Dei High School.  He reportedly had offers from OK State, Georgia Tech  and  Cincinnati along with other offers.  Rivals has him as a 3 star.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

The Pack just received a verbal for 21 from Nick Davidson, 6'10 PF from Mater Dei High School.  He reportedly had offers from OK State, Georgia Tech  and  Cincinnati along with other offers.  Rivals has him as a 3 star.

That's great news! His dad is originally from the area and played for Nevada back in the 90s.

It is a bit sad to only have one scholarship for next year. Although with as many young guys as we have it wouldn't surprise me if at least 1 transfers. Still it makes it pretty difficult to recruit anyone else.

We're also going to have quite a logjam of big men, hopefully Robinson is able to switch to playing SF. In 2021-2022 our roster will preliminarily look like:

C-Warren Washington(JR)/KJ Hymes(JR)

PF-Zane Meeks(JR)/DeAndre Henry(SO)/Nick Davidson(FR)

SF-Robby Robinson(SR)/Tre Coleman(SO)/Daniel Foster(SO)

SG-Desmond Cambridge(SR)/Alem Huseinovich(SO)

PG-Grant Sherfield(SO)/Je'Lani Clark(SO)/Kane Milling(JR)

 

While he didn't need to go full Musselman, I really think Alford should've landed at least one transfer in the last class just balance the classes a bit more. Our current roster makeup isn't ideal.

 

It's going to be a really interesting year, I'm looking forward to see how Alford handles things moving forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevada picks up a commitment from Jalen Weaver, the #1 player from Colorado (#38 SF nationally) who had offers from UMass and Tulsa and was also recruited by Arizona, Colorado, CSU and UNM. Good pickup for the Pack. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The Office No GIF

Top 50 player and #4 SG in class of 2019. 6'-6" and 195 - averaged 5 ppg as a true freshman for Oregon last season (28 games played).

That's a good pickup for UNR. They get him for three years too. He should be an instant contributor and a good player down the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what Alford is doing. Baker along with Patterson and Sherfield is a pretty solid threesome. After some grumbling at his first class, I think we're starting to see some good additions to the Pack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, BacksThePack said:

Nevada added Trey Wade from Wichita State in the portal. 6'6 with one year left to play.

From what little I've read about Trey, he seems to be a good defender.  But he was buried pretty deep in the rotation.  I honestly don't see him getting any more minutes here than he did at WS.  

He was a former teammate of Sherfield's.  Maybe that's why he's coming to NV.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

From what little I've read about Trey, he seems to be a good defender.  But he was buried pretty deep in the rotation.  I honestly don't see him getting any more minutes here than he did at WS.  

He was a former teammate of Sherfield's.  Maybe that's why he's coming to NV.  

You need to read more. Wade started the past two seasons at WSU and played 23.6 and 23.4 min/game his junior and senior seasons. I expect he’ll play similar minutes in a similar role for the Pack next season.

There will be some stiff competition at the 3 and 4 spot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t start and played a handful of minutes less per game. I would also not be surprised if he started and played the same minutes he got at WSU. It should be a very fun year watching how Alford melds all the incoming talent with all the returning talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

You need to read more. Wade started the past two seasons at WSU and played 23.6 and 23.4 min/game his junior and senior seasons. I expect he’ll play similar minutes in a similar role for the Pack next season.

There will be some stiff competition at the 3 and 4 spot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t start and played a handful of minutes less per game. I would also not be surprised if he started and played the same minutes he got at WSU. It should be a very fun year watching how Alford melds all the incoming talent with all the returning talent. 

I saw, what I think is what you read, after I posted. 

The guys on the WS board were saying he was a bench player who was deep in the rotation.  They didn't seem to mind that he left.

I'm glad we got him, either way.   Alford has done a great job in building a solid roster with some depth.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I saw, what I think is what you read, after I posted. 

The guys on the WS board were saying he was a bench player who was deep in the rotation.  They didn't seem to mind that he left.

I'm glad we got him, either way.   Alford has done a great job in building a solid roster with some depth.  

Starting and playing almost 24 minutes/game doesn’t seem like a deep rotation player. Maybe they expected he would lose minutes next year based on recruiting and other players developing. I think can understand why some WSU fans might not mind him leaving. He’s a glue guy, not a star. Every team needs those players. He’s about as good a player as I expected Alford to land considering the returning roster and the newcomers already on board. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

Wade left and now Addison Patterson didn't cut it, have one scholarship open still after Blackshear from FAU committed.

I didn't know Wade left until yesterday.  I was kind of scratching my head when we brought him in.  Maybe he looked around and realized he wasn't going to get as much PT as he had hoped for. 

I hope we get a freshman to fill the last open spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...