Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Big Ten rumor - 10 Game Conference Only Season

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Apparently this is all about protocol consistency. Which may actually lead to a CFB governing body finally. 

This, but also it cuts down on the number of needed trips, and it buys schools/conferences time to figure out those protocols for playing.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I really, really hope that college ball is not deferred to spring 2021, as the Ivy League suggests with its unilateral move.  Fortunately SEC ball is hard yes for conventional play.  Hopefully the SEC pulls the rest of us together and figure it out.  Texas and Oklahoma still In It for second weekend of October at the DFW Fairgrounds despite the Texas State Fair closed for the fall.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Guest #1Stunner
41 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Correct! I have pictures somewhere in one of the many thumb drives I have scattered here at home, but the pictures are of a very packed Lobo stadium against BYU. Don't remember what year it was, but was one of the last games here against the kitties... good times!

Playing football games in Albuquerque (usually with a packed Stadium), against Rocky Long coached teams was a huge challenge for BYU.   Rocky's parents would attend the games in BYU gear, so at least that helped. 

If PAC is lost, how much incentive is there for the MWC to play OOC?  Much of our marquee games are gone.  SEC will probably announce it too, since a lot of their big games will be gone.  

Now, all those folks swearing up and down they will never watch the NFL again, what will they do in September (assuming that the only reason to cut OOC was to hold off until late Sept for in-conference play)?

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

+++++, biggest home game in Boise history.  Poof.

That’s ok. We can always say we own the Seminoles. We pulled out all the stops to play them during a hurricane and they wuss out on a virus. 

I hope the AAC doesn't go conference only as our home games with Ark State (1 hour from West Memphis) and UT-M (2 hours from East Memphis) provide them an easy opportunity to bus in/bus out so as to greatly limit exposure that comes with a hotel stay...I'd be OK with a 10 game schedule but only 8 would kinda suck.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

all of us laughing at BYU's predicament today,

and then finding out nobody's playing in 2020

AngryShrillGallowaycow-size_restricted.g

When you remember that football's not your problem

walking GIF

But then realize if no football is played, no fall sports are either.

sad tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

I hope the AAC doesn't go conference only as our home games with Ark State (1 hour from West Memphis) and UT-M (2 hours from East Memphis) provide them an easy opportunity to bus in/bus out so as to greatly limit exposure that comes with a hotel stay...I'd be OK with a 10 game schedule but only 8 would kinda suck.

I get why they’re going to try conference only for the travel and containing their players within their conference, but I think it’d make more sense to just do games that are a bus ride away and keep it truly regional.  Even if that means for one year you’re playing fcs schools- if they’re willing to go along with it of course.  

Out here it’d be tougher since we’re all so spread out, but for one year- us, Stanford, cal, Fresno, San Jose and sac state, Davis and cal poly if they’re down, it’d make for a nice, regionally tight season.  No one would go for it of course, but that’d be the best way to do it. 

They should just have every conference play only conference games. Then take every non-conference schedule for every team and push them back a year. That way, no games are lost. So for BSU, Florida State comes in 2021.

Conferences can decide how they want to do it from there for this season.

The California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) announced today that all community colleges in California will postpone Fall sports including football until Spring 2021. Football practice will be held in January and games will most likely start in late February.

https://www.turnto23.com/sports/california-community-college-athletic-association-has-decided-to-postpone-all-fall-sports-until-the-spring-semester?fbclid=IwAR0qFxGGJ3zA6lPUmTiBZcFhRaTAOzBffviKP2wfWvW2JXpR7EjAi89RuFM

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

The no OOC games is surprising.  Without football money most of these schools are in big big trouble financially.  If the season gets cancelled outright or even pushed back you will see some ugly repercussions.

27 minutes ago, Fowl said:

The no OOC games is surprising.  Without football money most of these schools are in big big trouble financially.  If the season gets cancelled outright or even pushed back you will see some ugly repercussions.

Hope Dr Tromp still has our contact info @Ibanez.  Big if Fowl stated here, but no 2020 season would rev up realignment discussions.

57 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Is there any silver lining? Could this be the ripping up of our current arms race and giant contracts and starting over?  Is there anything positive to take? 

21 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Please tell me your OOC gets tougher than that?

our game @Purdue was killed off when B1G went conference only...Arky State is a solid local team, though. Anderson has taken them to back-to-back 8 win seasons.

mem skyline sig.jpeg