Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Big Ten rumor - 10 Game Conference Only Season

Guest #1Stunner
14 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

BYU want to open the new Stadium in Las Vegas on August 23rd, 28th or 29th?  I am sure Cal Bears will cancel on UNLV.

BYU doesn't play Utah until the 3rd which PAC-12 will likely cancel.

Call us and beg for the opportunity or we will schedule UNR for the 1st game instead.

stadium.jpg.83b9cef73baadfcda83e3c1b3d55e05f.jpg

If the season happens.... (I'm not sure it will)....BYU and UNLV should do this deal.

Would be a fun game for both schools. 

Looks like it’s happening

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

ESPN just confirmed it.  There goes the best matchups the PNW has had in a while with Michigan at UW and Ohio State at Oregon.  

Ts and Ps are needed at this time.  :crying:

I’m guessing this is just the first of the conferences that are going to do this. I’d imagine the rest will follow. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Lol

Fall football is not going to happen. The Ivy League has got it right. No onsite classes and no sports. We are seeing an expansion of athlete positive cases at Boise State and full blown practices haven’t even started.

Ohio State just shut down voluntary summer workouts because of a spike in cases. When school starts and you have all these players in the general school population the number of cases are going to explode. Colleges are going to shut down. 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I’m guessing this is just the first of the conferences that are going to do this. I’d imagine the rest will follow. 

ACC has already stated no sports until Sept. 1.  Not a big deal and doesn't affect football, but it shows that it is going to likely affect them too.  Ivy League swings the mighty ethical sword and starts lopping the heads off the big boys.

48 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Lol

ACC football also expected to play conference-only games, sources told @Stadium. Last month, ACC commish John Swofford told @Stadium if Power 5 schools played conference-only schedules that ACC would assist Notre Dame with as many games as it needed

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) July 9, 2020

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Pac 12 is expected to be next to go conference only.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Pac 12 is expected to be next to go conference only.

Just going to post it

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

How does this possibly help things?  I don't understand how chartering a flight with 120 people to play a game is any more safe/unsafe if it is a conference game vs. non-conference.

Apparently this is all about protocol consistency. Which may actually lead to a CFB governing body finally. 

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU actually brings attendance vs Boise and USU (who are already scheduled).

If you play a schedule like you are suggesting, social distancing won't be a problem.  

Empty Stadiums.

Correct! I have pictures somewhere in one of the many thumb drives I have scattered here at home, but the pictures are of a very packed Lobo stadium against BYU. Don't remember what year it was, but was one of the last games here against the kitties... good times!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."